Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:44 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
They're still people nonetheless. I swear, if you guys nominate Gingrich you will guarantee yourselves a second Obama term. Why are you doing this to yourselves?
Why do you think you see so many of us liberals smiling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 12:44 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If you are saying Newt doesn't know Iranians are Persian, please provide the quote.
It is called an allegory, if you like I can find the definition of the term people learn early on in school. As he states in the link the Palestinians are just Arabs, like there are no differences between them an any other Arab group (and no difference between the other groups from each other as well).

Old 12-11-2011, 12:46 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Also, Romney has much more money in his war chest than Newt. After the initial couple of states which may go to Newt, all campaigns will need to spend a lot of TV advert money and I am sure Romney is not going to be gentle with Newt and his long record.

Get some popcorn - it is going to be a long and brutal fight.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:53 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Someone paid Newt way way too much for his historical expertise. Statements like these are the reason we should not put a theoretical BS artist like Newt in charge.

Minutes ago, on Meet the Press, Ron Paul was quoting Regan and recalling why Regan thought it would have been better for US if we had a more neutral foreign policy - esp in the middle east where politics on both sides is "irrational". Newt just pissed off the other side just to kiss the evangelical / judeo vote. The later block is probably a lot smarter than Newt gives them credit for and can see through these panderers.

One side of this conflict bombs and fires rockets at civilian targets. We don't exclude these terrorists from negotiations and the supporters of these terrorists condemn Israel for responding with force to protect their people. So how far are we to bend backward to accommodate animals in the name of neutrality?

Personally, I say the other side will just have to be p*ssed off.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:53 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,654 times
Thanks Roy for more proof of what a self-serving, neo-con piece of garbage Newt is!

Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pffffft...most Americans don't know that Austrian isn't a language. Moreover, a hell of a lot of Americans think Iranians are Arabs. In fact, most do.

Most Americans are not the leader of the free world.

We should expect more.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:57 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
One side of this conflict bombs and fires rockets at civilian targets. We don't exclude these terrorists from negotiations and the supporters of these terrorists condemn Israel for responding with force to protect their people. So how far are we to bend backward to accommodate animals in the name of neutrality?

Personally, I say the other side will just have to be p*ssed off.
Save it - there are unreasonable people on both sides - and that can be another thread. This thread is about professor newt and his theoretical BS which is designed to pander.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:03 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Oh, I'm smiling too, but I'm just shocked. I've never seen a whole party shoot itself in the foot like this. It's simply boggles my mind.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
They're still people nonetheless. I swear, if you guys nominate Gingrich you will guarantee yourselves a second Obama term. Why are you doing this to yourselves?

Don't be silly!

The only modern president this low in the polls the November of the year before a reelection bid was Carter, but even Carter spiked in December.

Name the sitting president who won a second term with an ongoing war more than eight years and three months old, unemployment over 7.2%, a misery index above 11.25% or the inflation adjusted price of a gallon of gas over $2.60.

In 2012, unlike 2008 when he was an unknown and untested, Obama has to make the case that he is worthy of a second term. The numbers say he is not.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Most Americans are not the leader of the free world.

We should expect more.
Word. I most certainly agree. Which is why you voted twice for the guy that said this:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies