Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

I rarely eat at a CFA. About the only time is when we are traveling, as there are not any around here to support. If there were, I might just have to make a special visit.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Now they are getting busted about creating fake Facebook accounts and posting more lies about the recall.

Hahahahahaha..........even the worst Marketing group should realize that using stock photos is so easily traceable. Morons.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...03602372_n.jpg

This is the link to the picture and yes the "f" word is used.

Last edited by tluv00; 07-26-2012 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: Just noticed the picture had the f-bomb in it. Oops.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
Chick Fil-A and its boss are welcome to their personal beliefs. But I find issue when governmental authority tries to damage a company because of those beliefs. Consumers, including Rahm Emanuel, are welcome not to go to Chick Fil-A if they find the boss's personal beliefs to be that important. But why should any governmental authority have ANY rights to limit ANY company for those reasons whatsoever?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Conservatives because a bigoted fried chicken chain is getting push back, priceless.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
I admire chick fil-a for closing on Sundays. Shows that there's more to life than making money.
I hope they don't back down and instead pull out of Chicago.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this. Very hypocritical in regards to Rahm Emanual doing this. If anything, he should encourage them to set up then participate in the boycott of the establishment.

FWIW, I really don't see what all the hoopla is about regarding Dan Cathy. I live in Atlanta (which has a large gay population) and I have gay family members and one of my best friends is gay and I knew that Cathy, more than likely does not support gay marriage. He has frequently mentioned his staunch Christianity. As long as he doesn't try to deny gay people from working there (Chik-Fil-A is consistently voted one of the best companies to work for BTW) or tell them they can't come into the building or buy food, I don't see what the big deal is. Lots of people have opinions we don't agree with. They are entitled to their opinions no matter how divisive, dogmatic, or ignorant they are.

Makes me remember I forgot to eat breakfast and am wondering if I can still go across the street and get a chicken biscuit or if it is too late. I am an atheist also and I knew that Cathy was Christian but he makes a dam good chicken sandwich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Chick Fil-A and its boss are welcome to their personal beliefs. But I find issue when governmental authority tries to damage a company because of those beliefs. Consumers, including Rahm Emanuel, are welcome not to go to Chick Fil-A if they find the boss's personal beliefs to be that important. But why should any governmental authority have ANY rights to limit ANY company for those reasons whatsoever?
Two well thought out, excellent posts. This is what tolerance is, and freedom of expression.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Conservatives because a bigoted fried chicken chain is getting push back, priceless.
What exactly is this chain doing that's "bigoted?"

Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
What exactly is this chain doing that's "bigoted?"
I'd classify donating money to anti-gay hate groups as a bigoted act.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I admire chick fil-a for closing on Sundays. Shows that there's more to life than making money.
I hope they don't back down and instead pull out of Chicago.
But they close on the wrong day. All those who work on Shabbat should be stoned to death. For a biblical based company, they sure do play fast and loose with the words of G-d.

I'm happy that Mayor Menino in Boston is letting the citizens know what this company is about. These mayors can't outright block Chick-fil-a, but they can certainly encourage their citizens to take a stand for what is right. The Chick-fil-a proposed in Boston has no place in our cityscape - especially not across the street from the Holocaust Memorial and the Freedom Trail. Boston's city planning focuses on encouraging local businesses. A fast food chain with a corrupt moral standing and minimum wage jobs replacing a local bar is not good for the city, period.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the vile turd who said these things is more than welcome in chi-town, according to rahmbo:

odd
What a dirty hypocrite. Then again what else can one expect from someone who's just another part of the Chicago Way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies