Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
lol.. all you Chick Fil A supporters, I hope you've never been divorced cause they don't like you either
Can you show where CFA said they didn't like anyone? No I don't think you can, FAIL

Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Can you show where CFA said they didn't like anyone? No I don't think you can, FAIL
read the CEO's qoutes

Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If marriage is a right that cannot be denied, they why would you deny me the right to marry my dog or marry a fencepost?

You propose to violate my right to marriage. You are no different than heterosexuals who define marriage as between a man and a woman. You just want to make the rules.
A human being of age can consent.

A child cannot consent.

A dog cannot consent.

A fencepost cannot consent.

Do you understand the concept of consent?

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
That in and of itself is not hate.

Where the hate begins is when he donates money to groups that actively seek to discriminate against homosexuals.
I'm an atheist. Should I be angry too? Because, I'm not so far.
I'm not offended by their stance a bit.
What did anti CFA/gay folks think
Never on a Sunday, was all about anyways

The company's official statement - the business exists "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us.
To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

So, can't the donations be seen as giving to their self proclaimed cause: Christianity.
Both organizations they give to, are "Christian" organizations, are they not.

Why single Chick Fil A out for anti gay sentiment,
when you have practically the whole Christian faith doing that???

Maybe the gay community needs to articulate what it is that CFA actually does, other than
contribute to organizations that promote/lobby for Christian beliefs, that they don't like.....

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No they can't - in most U.S. states - same sex marriage is illegal - heterosexuals can't marry someone who is of the same gender as themselves - neither can homosexuals. Homosexuals have the same rights concerning marriage as everybody else.
OMG, another person I have to explain this to?

By definition, heterosexuals are not attracted to individuals of the same gender.

So, the point remains:

Heterosexuals can marry whoever they're attracted to (that is of the legal age to consent, unrelated, and unmarried). Homosexuals cannot.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:05 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Efforts are underway in the courts to overturn DOMA. President Obama, as you're undoubtedly aware, has no ability to do this, and neither would there be any point in attempting to introduce a bill overturning it before Congress.
Good excuse for not trying, nobody has ever tried.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
So simple, isn't it. Good post !!
Yes it is simple - and thanks.

The gay marriage supporters don't realize that there would be no issue concerning what homosexuals choose to do in the privacy of their own homes if they weren't forcing their lifestyle on everybody. They would be left alone in peace if they hadn't made a grab for mariage. Marriage is sacred - it is the foundation of our society - touch it and you might as well poke somebody in the eye.

I don't care personally if someone wants to be gay - I have misgivings about that from a spiritual point of view because I don't want to seem to be condoning sin - but people should be free to do certain things out of the view of others. Forcing people to acknowledge your lifestyle as good or normal - and especially pushing for marriage - is going to irritate people. Have someone poke you in the eye - see how you like it.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Anyone is guaranteed their right to their religious belief. The mayors had no legal right to refuse a business because one spoke of their religious beliefs.. Did not Obama take the same stand and no one on the left complained and said he could not be president because Obama defined marriage between one man and one woman.. the left are the biggest hypocrites ever. The voted for Obama with the same stand on marriage.

The left has no character.
I completely agree with the idea that the mayors have no right to infringe on CFA's right to operate as a business.

And yes, I'm from the left.

I guess, according to you, I have no character, despite the fact we agree here.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is the entire crux of your (the gay) arguement. I was BORN to use my body the way it was designed to be used. I was born with this color skin, hair, eyes, and gender, just as EVERYONE ELSE IS. Being gay is a conscious CHOICE, and because it is a choice it is not a natural God given right defined by the constitution. Nobody is telling you or anyone else NOT to be gay (that's entirely your sin) but don't make it something it isn't. It hijacks the entire civil rights movement for a subverted and perverted cause.
You only use your body in the way it was designed to be used? No other forms of sex but penis to vagina?

As soon as you can PROVE that homosexuality is a choice, I'll become a heterosexual.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hmmm.... guy says he supports traditional marriage. Christians nod and move on. Gay people go nuts. threaten boycots, mayors from 4 or 5 of the largest cities in the country threaten the constitutional rights of the business. Christians take notice.... decide hey this is one of ours being attacked.... they join the discussion and start eating chicken....

Now us christians wouldnt have even taken notice if it werent for CFA being called bigots, being boycotted and threated with extermination.

Populist rhetoric? No. RESPONDING TO ATTACK FROM BULLIES. That is what Christians have done.
He hasn't just spoken out against same sex marriage. It's the whole donating to organizations that try to convert gay people to heterosexuality and organizations that condone exporting and killing gays bit that kind of gets under our skin. I'm sure you can understand. How would you feel if people wanted to subject you to inhumane practices or wanted to get rid of you entirely based on who you are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies