Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
How exactly is this firm discriminating anyway?
I'd like to know this as well. Any takers?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Usually people talk about a boycott and the places only get more business and notoriety. The fact is, other fast food chains could take lessons on how to be run from Chick Fil A.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The Mayor Of Boston Has Vowed To Block Chick-Fil-A From Ever Entering The City - Business Insider

Crazy...

Why would he not want Chick-Fil-A to create jobs in the city? I don't agree with Chick-Fil-A's positions on the gay issues, but a mayor wanting to turn away a legitimate business because they disagree with them politically is insane in my opinion.
It has been said many times that librals are for CHOICE ONLY on the abortion issue.

They claim tolerance only when they choose.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:57 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
I wonder if they're gonna start researching all companies who have a similar stance as chik-fil-a.

I have a gay friend who works at Hobby Lobby says they are Christian based and have a lot of the same views but he's never been treated badly and they're closed on Sundays.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:15 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Oh I've heard of Chick-fil-A. Those are the idiots who are suing a guy in Vermont for selling t-shirts that say "Eat More Kale." They think it is too similar to their "Eat mor chikn" slogan. I guess if you're an illiterate junk-food eating hick, you can't spell and you certainly can't tell the difference between a vegetable and fowl.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:17 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick enough View Post
it has been said many times that librals are for choice only on the abortion issue.

They claim tolerance only when they choose.
you nailed it....

Old 07-21-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I wonder if they're gonna start researching all companies who have a similar stance as chik-fil-a.

I have a gay friend who works at Hobby Lobby says they are Christian based and have a lot of the same views but he's never been treated badly and they're closed on Sundays.
Exactly..........

Find one of those Muslim restaurants and ask the owners if that believe in homosexual unions....

Old 07-21-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
Why would he not stop a firm which discriminates against a segment of society from opening? Are you insisting that they have a 'right' to discriminate? If they do, why does the Mayor not have a similar 'right'?
Where did they discriminate? Did they refuse someone a sandwich?

Did they fire some homosexual employee??

What did they do?

Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
You're getting closer....

Finally someone is getting it... I think...

Oh, so then you don't think it is right or wrong for two men to think they should and can get married. As you said freedom is the ability to decide what we think is right or wrong without having people telling us how we should think. So, doesn't that mean nobody should be able to tell LGBT people they can't marry?

The two things I have underlined above, things you said, are exactly why the pro-gay people fight against the anti-gay people It's not their life, it's not their concern. The anti-gay people have no right to force people to think the way they do.
You are confusing my point. Chick Fil A is expressing their opinion not forcing you to think like them. You never even have to step foot in a Chick Fil A ever in your life, so why would their opinion on this issue have any effect on how you think? Does that mean that they are right and you are wrong or vice versa? Obviously we are all going form different conclusions. Chick Fil A is not going to do anything to change your mind just like you aren't going to do anything to change my mind. People who feel like a company, who is in the free market, expresses their opinion on topic has some effect on them are insecure and a slave to people thinking for them. If you are so confident and so secure in what you believe what Chick Fil A think would have absolutely no baring on your opinion whether you agree with them or not. People who think like this only look for others to validate them rather than having confidence in what they ultimately believe to be the truth.

Your logic in this thread has been that everyone should think like you without involving 'religious views', and when they disagree with you then they shouldn't force their views on you. How ironic and hypocritical. You are telling people how they should think, but you don't want people to do the same to you.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:33 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Where did they discriminate? Did they refuse someone a sandwich?

Did they fire some homosexual employee??

What did they do?
They have Christian beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies