Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 03:44 PM

811 posts, read 1,053,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
To most reasonable individuals, that kind of thing neither hurts nor helps. They are considered fringe crazies and get pointed and laughed it. Theoretically, of course, by way of countering every post with reason and fact.
So people who respect and Honor God's Word are "Fringe Crazies". That shows where your heart is, doesn't it?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
What do you recommend? The Bible is the Word of God? Are you ashamed of the Word of God?

Of course, to the Lost, this is all foolishness, for they are blinded to the Truth. God will be the one that brings them to Him, but he provides for people to act as a vessel and to plant seeds of information that can grow.

Anyone with a lick of common sense should know why it is beneficial for a society to embrace marriage as an institution between one man and one woman. They should also know why homosexuality is not normal.
What do I recomend? I recomend Chistians remember what the purpose is. To share the Gospel of Jesus. Not to argue with non-Christains using something they do not accept as your only source of authority.

They are not bound by it. They reject it. In making your argument, they reject you. Once that has happened you have lost your abilty to reach them with a simple powerful life changing truth. You have gained nothing and lost your chance to share that Gospel.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
The Creator is mentioned in the official documents.
In the Declaration of Independence, yes. Nothing with legislative power at all.

Quote:
By the way, all I stated was that Christianity played a foundation in the role of this country. Previously, I didn't say that God was mentioned in the Constitution.
And I am going to have to eat some crow on that one - that was rebel12. My apologies, and I retract that point.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Not too sure how much street cred Chik-Fil-A has after this:

But when you get called out and made out to be a fool by the Muppets, then you just might want to re-think your stance on the whole marriage deal.

Don't be surprised to see Chik-Fil-A's business and stock dropping in the near future.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:12 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
But when you get called out and made out to be a fool by the Muppets, then you just might want to re-think your stance on the whole marriage deal.
I know, huh? I still like the fact that they turned around and gave the money they got from Chick-Fil-A... to a pro-gay organization! That's perfect (and hilarious) irony!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:21 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Who cares about "diversity"? It only leads to more trouble and discrimination as is noted by this.

I also never understood the term "celebrate diversity" and why some people put so much emphasis on it.

If the rainbow diversity team homos were so loving of diversity and accepting of all things then why won't they accept Chick-fil-a's viewpoints? Whatever happened to live and let live?

Is his (Chick-fil-a's president) viewpoints hurting anyone? No.

This is why homos have become whiny attention seekers.

Go Chick-fil-a!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
I love Chick-fil-a and will keep eating there.

Go Chick-fil-a!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM

59 posts, read 49,108 times
Freedom of speech and choice no longer exists. Once the lefties consider anything politically incorrect to say, do, or think there brainwashed followers will attack and boycott anyone that doesn't think and believe exactly how there elite has told them to.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
This Wed, is "Support Chick-fil-A day." Go eat there and support them with your dollars. No one can stand up for family values now unless they want to lose their businesses. Sad.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This Wed, is "Support Chick-fil-A day." Go eat there and support them with your dollars. No one can stand up for family values now unless they want to lose their businesses. Sad.
I honestly didn't like their food to begin with, but I don't see the point of food chains getting in on this whole debacle.

Are family values more important than the liberties, rights, freedoms, and equality guaranteed to all Americans granted to them under the US Constitution and Bill of Rights? Or are you just concerned with furthering your own "family oriented" agenda by stifling the rights and unconstitutional discrimination of a group of people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies