Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,423,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I guess you don't understand the 24/7/365 nature of a boycott. Calling out all bigots for a one day rally doesn't balance the long term loss in business. Remember the tortoise and hare story? Long term you lose.
This is why Chick-Fil-A corporate already issued a statement saying they were leaving the debate to the political arena from this point on and were not going to focus on this issue anymore. They recognize the potential for damage to their long term business over this.

1,466 posts, read 1,230,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
God's Law was given to God's People to administer God's Justice in their society.

In a secular society moral/legal decisions are based on the whim of everchanging popular opinion [which can be manipulated by evil men.]

Btw... unlike secular injustice, under God's Law there are no prison punishments where men are caged and raped repeatedly.

"God's law was given to God's people to administer God's justice in their society."

This one is absolutely false, even based on Biblical terms. Does, "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven" sound familiar? Luke 6:37.

"In a secular society moral/legal decisions are based on the whim of everchanging popular opinion"

That's true for the most part. But popular opinion really doesn't change that much regarding morality. And the number of atheists in prisons is far lower than the number of Christians. That's not to say Christians are bad people, of course not. But to say atheists are without morals and will destroy society is just incorrect.

"Btw... unlike secular injustice, under God's law there are no prison punishments where men are caged and raped repeatedly."

No, but there are stonings and burnings at the stake. Plenty of executions.

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and the "idiot mayors" are on your side.
No.

They're not.

Quote:
and giving money to organizations that are working on a political issue is NOT biggotry.
It is when that issue affects a minority negatively. Which seeking to keep homosexuals down does.

Quote:
It is NOT discrimination.
Yes.

It is.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I take it back, they made it a freedom of speech issue.

Before they stepped in with their stupidity, however, it wasn't a freedom of speech issue.

The entire boycott surrounded the owner giving profits to groups that actively seek to discriminate against homosexuals.

Nothing more, nothing less.
No. These organization do not actively seek to discriminate against homosexuals. They actively seek to insure the law in America that has been the law in America since America was America does not change.

There is a huge difference.

Regardless, America just gave the slapdown to gay rights people by voting with their stomachs and spending millions at CFA.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No. These organization do not actively seek to discriminate against homosexuals. They actively seek to insure the law in America that has been the law in America since America was America does not change.
...By continuing the discrimination of homosexuals.

I know it's hard to wrap one's mind around that when they can't even leave their cave, but that's just how it is. The current stance of American law when it comes to homosexuals is discrimination. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:24 AM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
No.

They're not.

It is when that issue affects a minority negatively. Which seeking to keep homosexuals down does.

Yes.

It is.
Yes the are. you may not like it but your side OWNS thier words. Period.

and if you are right, then every single person who gives money to Barak Obama is a bigot who hates me because I want to live free from his policy. (see how stupid this gets?)

8,949 posts, read 12,145,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Why do you consider yourself a part of "the gay community"? You're a person, not a random member of some group.
Cause I am gay. Are you a member of any groups? Christians? Jews? Republicans? Homophobes?

1,466 posts, read 1,230,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
You believe a victimless crime should not be a crime. And you set your own rules, so there is no point in this discussion. You have decided what should be. And by the way, no sin is victimless.
Well, to be clear I believe there are exceptions to that. I don't think people should be able to use heroin because of the potential of a victim, and the potential harm to the user (which then becomes the victim of his or her own act).

I'm not clear on why you say that there is no point in this discussion because I set my own rules. If you could elaborate on that statement further I'd be able to respond better.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,701,155 times
I wouldn't mind a good spicy hot sauce at CFA, the spicy chicken sandwich has a good kick to it but I want something more.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Quote:

Yes.

It is.
No, it is not.

Try "Civil Unions". You might get much farther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies