Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Oh good. The internet tough guy has arrived

I wonder how many many people with "improper" genitalia you've shared a restroom with?

Curious if you think that some TSA-style employees doing genitalia checks outside of public restroom is necessary.

Show Me Your Genitals - YouTube
Naw...I'm far from an internet tough guy....put your best dress on and come ***** in front of one of my kids and test your theory out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Out of curiosity, how would you know what their public anatomy looks like?

When I was going through chemo, between the baldness/short hair, lack of eyelashes, 50 pound weight gain, and general lack of attention to physical appearance on my bad days, I was regularly mistaken for a man in public.

How would you know what gender the person "really" was? The nerve..

This = +1

IMO, if a transgender is living "as the opposite sex," and it's only a matter of the plumbing not being changed from outdoor to indoor (or the other way around), but is in all other aspects doing their 1-2 year stint "living as the other gender" that is necessary for surgery.... then they should be able to use the bathroom that matches their gender, and "soon to be" sex.

Practically, I think the point of separate bathrooms is usually for the protection of women against men, and for women's modesty (plus, as I recall from my days working at a department store in high school, women's restrooms are usually so much more filthy in public places than mens' rooms, so men should count our blessings!)

There's a HUGE difference between a random guy in a dress, and a transgender, who will probably view every pre-operation trip to a public restroom as a terrifying experience. Again, however, how is anyone going to know that the woman that just walked in is sporting male genitalia underneath the women's clothing? What one may think is a tranny could just be an ugly woman... and sometimes, a beautiful woman at the bar used to be a man!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:03 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Naw...I'm far from an internet tough guy....put your dress on and come **** in from of one of my kids and test your theory out.
This is like the third post you've written in which it appears like you just REALLY wanna attack a transsexual.

Very odd.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why would you worry about a transgendered female using a women's public restroom at the same time as your daughter? What do you actually envision happening in this scenario?
Maybe I'm not crazy about them encountering this:

Capital Pride Parade with The Whip-It Outskirts - YouTube

Old 12-20-2011, 07:15 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
That's the major flaw in their argument. They can't get beyond the literal physical indicators of gender, black and white thinking.
Exactly. A good friend of mine is transgender; she had her surgery earlier this year. She says one thing people fail to realize is that your gender is defined by what is between your ears (your brain for those that can't make the connection), not what is between your legs.

It saddens me to see such hatred for those who don't fit the mold of a white, heterosexual male / female. I don't get it, and I probably don't want to.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Maybe I'm not crazy about them encountering this:
By that 'logic', you'd better keep them out of the women's room all together.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This is like the third post you've written in which it appears like you just REALLY wanna attack a transsexual.

Very odd.
No,it appears that the trannys are attacking me....I am NOT ok with this and find anyone who is to kinda be a sicko.

You can not find a single post I've ever made against gay people on this forum or any other forum I have ever posted on,I'm for equal rights for gays...this issue is a completely different one and I think it's pretty sick that anyone would be ok with this....JMO and it's worth what you paid for it,just like your opinion.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:25 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
No,it appears that the trannys are attacking me....
I think the lady doth protest too much.

Some people are so obsessed with the genitalia of others

Old 12-20-2011, 07:27 PM

6600 plus posts of drivel I can live without.

This message is hidden because filihok is on your ignore list.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This = +1

IMO, if a transgender is living "as the opposite sex," and it's only a matter of the plumbing not being changed from outdoor to indoor (or the other way around), but is in all other aspects doing their 1-2 year stint "living as the other gender" that is necessary for surgery.... then they should be able to use the bathroom that matches their gender, and "soon to be" sex.

Practically, I think the point of separate bathrooms is usually for the protection of women against men, and for women's modesty (plus, as I recall from my days working at a department store in high school, women's restrooms are usually so much more filthy in public places than mens' rooms, so men should count our blessings!)

There's a HUGE difference between a random guy in a dress, and a transgender, who will probably view every pre-operation trip to a public restroom as a terrifying experience. Again, however, how is anyone going to know that the woman that just walked in is sporting male genitalia underneath the women's clothing? What one may think is a tranny could just be an ugly woman... and sometimes, a beautiful woman at the bar used to be a man!
Aye, male to females tend to come in one of two types- guy in a dress or supermodel. There very rarely seems to be an in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies