Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Praise him as a whole? No. He's done some stuff I don't agree with, but I judge his decisions on an individual basis, I'm not going to start frothing at the mouth and accusing him of being a communist because that would make me look like an uneducated buffoon. Part of my support for him is because I'm absolutely disgusted at the anger directed towards him by those on the far right and I do find it hard to agree with them on anything because they come off as angry high school kids talki g about how much thy hate the star quarterback.
I couldn't have said it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 11:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
OBL? Anyone with about 3.5 brain cells or more if told we have Bin Laden in sight just give us the order to kill him would do give the go ahead. Give me a break...
Are you saying Ron Paul does not have 3.5 brain cells? Oh my, the Paulets are going to come after ya for that

Old 12-27-2011, 11:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I couldn't have said it better.
I second that sentement

Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is certainly not my opinion. We have hard facts and numbers to deal with. Let us review-

1. Doubling the national debt in four years
2. $15 trillion in debt
3. Annual deficits of $1.3 trillion with no effort to cut spending
4. closing US refineries
5. restrictions and lack of development of US oil and gas reserves
6. closing offshore drilling in the Gulf, sending rigs away and losing jobs
7. Solyndra and Fast and Furious
8. Suing Arizona over immigration
9. Failure to negotiate poor trade plans with China and Mexico
10. Obamacare- a huge entitlement when we cannot afford the old ones
11. Failure to cut corporate tax rates to make the US more appealing to foriegn companies and investment
12. increased EPA regulations to strangle buisness
13. Favoring unions over private citizens in the Boeing case

Hey- the truth hurts. Obama has been a horrible president and has failed miserably.
Solid list, but lets be honest.

Obama is more of a war hawk than Bush ever was. We could very well be in conflict with Iran soon.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:12 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
I am continually puzzled as to why anyone would continue to praise and support a president who has proven to be an abject failure in all facets of his presidency, to the detriment of the American public. If one was actually concerned with the well being of fellow Americans, one would choose to have a competent president, regardless of party, in the White House. Instead the left chooses to support a petty, divisive, childish partisan, simply because he is a democrat.

One would offer that perhaps a change would be in order, when one has failed so miserably. Imagine had Lincoln stuck with all his failed generals, before arriving upon Grant, who won the war. Perhaps a prudent, logical voter would not accept failure and would seek a successful president. That person is certainly not Obama- he has proven to be terrible.
Would you rate Bush Jr as an unmitigated success?

Old 12-27-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Solid list, but lets be honest.

Obama is more of a war hawk than Bush ever was. We could very well be in conflict with Iran soon.
Aside from Libya, Obama does not compare in war hawkishness over President Cheney

Old 12-27-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Hawkeye, that is only YOUR opinion of Obama. He has NOT been an abject failure at all. Considering the pile of crap that Bush gave him to work with, Obama is not doing too poorly. He is disappointing in some ways, but I think that we would have slid even further into the abyss if Mcain-palin were in the WH today. Mccain-Palin probably would have accelerated the Iraq war even more, given even more breaks to the corporatists, more tax breaks for the wealthy, more whacko right wing scotus justices, etc.
Exactly my sentiment. I'm dissappointed in some things with Obama, please with others. It takes years for a large economy to turn around, I was not expecting miracles the first several years of cleaning up all that Bush- it.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:21 PM

179 posts, read 141,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Exactly my sentiment. I'm dissappointed in some things with Obama, please with others. It takes years for a large economy to turn around, I was not expecting miracles the first several years of cleaning up all that Bush- it.
A perfect post, 'specially the Bush- it aspect! Thank you for the new word of the day (can't hardly wait to use it!) Ha-Ha..cleaning up all that Bush- it, priceless

Old 12-27-2011, 02:40 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Would you rate Bush Jr as an unmitigated success?

No-

Bush was fiscal liberal who did not attempt to guide congress to control spending. Of course, with the democratic senate and congress his last two years, spending exploded. However he was instrumental in promoting the medicare drug plan. Additionally, the two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were unnecessary and a cheaper, more focal solution would have sufficed.

Despite Bush's loose fiscal record, he was an amateur at spending compared to Obama, who has been a complete disaster.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
No-

Bush was fiscal liberal who did not attempt to guide congress to control spending. Of course, with the democratic senate and congress his last two years, spending exploded. However he was instrumental in promoting the medicare drug plan. Additionally, the two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were unnecessary and a cheaper, more focal solution would have sufficed.

Despite Bush's loose fiscal record, he was an amateur at spending compared to Obama, who has been a complete disaster.
He only promoted the drug plan to get the old fogeys to vote for him. The entire Part D program is UNFUNDED, the biggest entiltement since the Great Society. Why should we praise that? Where will the $$ come from to pay for the future generations of Medicare recipients?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies