Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 02:47 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree I think it's a mental disorder, to have a hard right admin such as Bush that was the most monumental failure in US history, to still support and want those failed hard right policies back.
Although inexperienced, it's as if he is the first faulty prez ever? If so, then so was OJ the first murderer husband, the first pedophiles were named Michael and Kelly and there has never been a criminally insane gang that sports white 'hoodies'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 03:28 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minneapolisville View Post
Wow. Just wow. This is actually the worst thing I've ever seen on the Internet. I don't totally agree with how Obama is running things right now, but this is wrong. I don't care if your black, white, liberal, conservative, Muslim, Jewish or whatever. You do NOT say that kind of thing about ANY president. All I've seen on this part of CD is pure hate so far, from both sides. This forum might have equal representation of both parties, but it is far from bi-partisan. I am ashamed to be an American right now. Just ashamed.
Well, long ago, we did away with respect for authority at any level anymore. Not parents, teachers, employers or law enforcement. And if we dont see fit to regard these lesser levels, why would the Commander in Chief get any better?

Old 12-25-2011, 03:38 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am continually puzzled as to why anyone would continue to praise and support a president who has proven to be an abject failure in all facets of his presidency, to the detriment of the American public. If one was actually concerned with the well being of fellow Americans, one would choose to have a competent president, regardless of party, in the White House. Instead the left chooses to support a petty, divisive, childish partisan, simply because he is a democrat.

Praise and support are distinctly different things, I surely wouldn't praise Obama or his performance so far but I would certainly support him over any of the current crop of GOP front runners.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:58 PM

817 posts, read 853,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why do conservatives whine about Obama even when he does something right, such as OBL? Many Liberals and Moderates end up defending the President because the conservatives have been attacking him since before he was even sworn in or elected. If the attacks had been only policy driven it would have been less polarizing, but the shear number of personal attacks on him and his family and whining about childish subjects such as putting his feet up on his desk are beyond belief. Just maybe, had the right not gone down that path more Libs and Mods would be open to discssion, but as we know, that is simply not part of the skill set for some righties.
OBL? Anyone with about 3.5 brain cells or more if told we have Bin Laden in sight just give us the order to kill him would do give the go ahead. Give me a break...

Old 12-25-2011, 05:07 PM

957 posts, read 758,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
OBL? Anyone with about 3.5 brain cells or more if told we have Bin Laden in sight just give us the order to kill him would do give the go ahead. Give me a break...
Sec of Defense, Robert Gates "Very Gutsy Call"

Extra: "A gutsy call" - YouTube

Old 12-25-2011, 05:31 PM

817 posts, read 853,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Sec of Defense, Robert Gates "Very Gutsy Call"

Extra: "A gutsy call" - YouTube
This was a political trump card in Obama's eyes....
We'd been hunting him for 10 years. People get all over Bush's case saying he let OBL go on more than one occasion. Read between the lines.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:49 PM

957 posts, read 758,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
This was a political trump card in Obama's eyes....
We'd been hunting him for 10 years. People get all over Bush's case saying he let OBL go on more than one occasion. Read between the lines.
C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

By MARK MAZZETTI
Published: July 4, 2006
WASHINGTON, July 3 — The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.
C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden - New York Times

Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (long version) - YouTube

Old 12-25-2011, 10:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseeker2 View Post
FACT!! Bin Laden's dead, over 164000 combat troops home, economy improving, unemployement trending down, dealing with the party of NO objecting to anything he agrees to. Yep, I guess these things don't count
farseeker? facts seem to escape Conservatives apparently.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:51 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,556 times
Because some people are glutton for punishment. Or they could be just insane, take you're pick.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:44 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am continually puzzled as to why anyone would continue to praise and support a president who has proven to be an abject failure in all facets of his presidency, to the detriment of the American public. If one was actually concerned with the well being of fellow Americans, one would choose to have a competent president, regardless of party, in the White House. Instead the left chooses to support a petty, divisive, childish partisan, simply because he is a democrat.

One would offer that perhaps a change would be in order, when one has failed so miserably. Imagine had Lincoln stuck with all his failed generals, before arriving upon Grant, who won the war. Perhaps a prudent, logical voter would not accept failure and would seek a successful president. That person is certainly not Obama- he has proven to be terrible.
If Republicans are so convinced that President Obama is doing a "terrible" job for America, then why aren't they putting up viable candidates to run against him? The GOP line-up is like the reject bin in a cuckoo clock factory...Trump, Palin, Cain, Paul, Gingrich, Bachmann, Perry, Romney...not a single one of these individuals is an attractive alternative to President Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies