Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 08:00 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why do conservatives whine about Obama even when he does something right, such as OBL? Many Liberals and Moderates end up defending the President because the conservatives have been attacking him since before he was even sworn in or elected. If the attacks had been only policy driven it would have been less polarizing, but the shear number of personal attacks on him and his family and whining about childish subjects such as putting his feet up on his desk are beyond belief. Just maybe, had the right not gone down that path more Libs and Mods would be open to discssion, but as we know, that is simply not part of the skill set for some righties.
Why do conservatives criticize Obama?

1. Doubling the national debt in four years

2. annual deficits of $1.3 trillion with no effort to control spending

3. Closing refineries and preventing domestic oil and gas exploration

4. Obamacare- another massive entitlement when we need to cut them

5. Supporting illegal immigration and suing the one state trying to control it

6. Failure to renegotiate (as promised) poor trade policies with China and Mexico

7. Corruption in the administration- fast and furious, voter fraud, Solyndra

8. Escalation of the war in Afghanistan

9. Siding with unions over individual workers in the Boeing case

10. failure to cut corporate taxes and regulations to stimulate growth

Obama has been a miserable president. Look at that list. If a republican had Obama's record, the liberals would be howling for his head. Otherwise, liberals are left to look absurd by defending his failed policies.

The debates should be fun, with plenty of "ummm...." , "......but", and talk of "saved jobs", since none have been created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 08:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why do conservatives criticize Obama?

1. Doubling the national debt in four years Did you miss the fact that we went into a major recession and FYI the did not spend that money to keep this Nation afloat by himself.. The alternative of letting major businesses fail was unacceptable even to man Repubs.

2. annual deficits of $1.3 trillion with no effort to control spending I agree cuts need to be made, but running two wars and dealing with the recession is expensive. I wa saying taxes were going to have to go up and programs reformed hle Bush was in office. The devil is in the details.

Hogwash. refiners were closed by those that owned them and they have not been serious about replaceing them, The tighter regulations were geared towards deep wells and due to the huge spill, which I assume you do not care about.

Whch was better than doing Nothing and was supposed to be paid in part by the end of tax cuts for the rich.

More BS, Obama has more than doubled the number of agents. And as for states trying to control it, that is not their function, states do not have the right to determine their own immigration laws. The answer is not in laws or agents picking up illegals, the answer is t go after those that hire them.

6. Failure to renegotiate (as promised) poor trade policies with China and Mexico
I would have prefered better deals, I oubt the Repubs would ahve done better, some of NAFTAs biggest supporters were Repubs.

MUch of which has been dealt with and other are still in the process.

GOOD, it was about time we fought the war on terror as if we were serious. Got OBL in the process

Dems are Union people, just as the Repubs have their ties to certain segments of the buinsess world, their stand on unemployment benefits, child labor laws, the minimum wage, unions and emlpoyee benefits prove who owns the Repubs.

Sure cut off more revenue, that is the ticket We did fine under Clinton and taxes were up, chew on that.

Obama has been a miserable president. Look at that list. If a republican had Obama's record, the liberals would be howling for his head. Otherwise, liberals are left to look absurd by defending his failed policies.
I looked at it and added balance to a partially true list. None of the Repub "alternatives" could do one bit better, especially if they had a House that does not know how to spell the word "comprmise"

The debates should be fun, with plenty of "ummm...." , "......but", and talk of "saved jobs", since none have been created.
Whenever one of the GOP clowns is finally selected I agree, the debates will be fun, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
Carry On.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:24 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Why Do Liberals Praise Obama, Despite his miserable failure?

They realize having him in office is the only way to keep their entitlements coming.....

Old 12-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
All we have to do is consider his predecessor or any of the Republican alternatives. None are remotely competent, except Romney. And he has shown that he has no core principles other than groveling before power.

Get some talent and we'll talk.
After you....

Old 12-24-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I love these threads where an OP that has obviously hated Obama prior to his elections just proclaims him to be a "miserable failure". The desperation is so palpable.
Glad you are enjoying it. Non-fiction can be so refreshing.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times

Well considering the mental capacity of most liberals I can totally understand why they back a miserable failure. Most of them are failures themselves so it is a natural thing.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:12 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post

Well considering the mental capacity of most liberals I can totally understand why they back a miserable failure. Most of them are failures themselves so it is a natural thing.
What an intellectually stimulating response.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:14 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What an intellectually stimulating response.

Awwwwwwww :c rying:

Old 12-24-2011, 09:20 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Carry On.
1. Doubling the national debt in four years Did you miss the fact that we went into a major recession and FYI the did not spend that money to keep this Nation afloat by himself.. The alternative of letting major businesses fail was unacceptable even to man Repubs.

2. annual deficits of $1.3 trillion with no effort to control spending I agree cuts need to be made, but running two wars and dealing with the recession is expensive. I wa saying taxes were going to have to go up and programs reformed hle Bush was in office. The devil is in the details.

Hogwash. refiners were closed by those that owned them and they have not been serious about replaceing them, The tighter regulations were geared towards deep wells and due to the huge spill, which I assume you do not care about.

Whch was better than doing Nothing and was supposed to be paid in part by the end of tax cuts for the rich.

More BS, Obama has more than doubled the number of agents. And as for states trying to control it, that is not their function, states do not have the right to determine their own immigration laws. The answer is not in laws or agents picking up illegals, the answer is t go after those that hire them.

I would have prefered better deals, I oubt the Repubs would ahve done better, some of NAFTAs biggest supporters were Repubs.

MUch of which has been dealt with and other are still in the process.

GOOD, it was about time we fought the war on terror as if we were serious. Got OBL in the process

Dems are Union people, just as the Repubs have their ties to certain segments of the buinsess world, their stand on unemployment benefits, child labor laws, the minimum wage, unions and emlpoyee benefits prove who owns the Repubs.

Sure cut off more revenue, that is the ticket We did fine under Clinton and taxes were up, chew on that.

I looked at it and added balance to a partially true list. None of the Repub "alternatives" could do one bit better, especially if they had a House that does not know how to spell the word "comprmise"

Whenever one of the GOP clowns is finally selected I agree, the debates will be fun, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

1. Doubling the national debt is a national fiscal disaster. The $ 1 trillion stimulus did nothing to help the economy, otherwise the economy would be booming. Obama gambled on failed Keynesian "stimulus" policies and it failed. Complete disaster and exactly the wrong decision, as evidenced by the economic misery of the nation.

2. So you agree that massive deficit spending is illogical. Why did he not then support the Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution? I guess he really is not concerned about actually controlling spending. "devil is in the details"? What that means is that he is incapable of controlling spending or arranging a compromise with the house and senate.

3. Hogwash indeed. The EPA regulations, increased by Obama, closed two refineries in Texas, just when we need more refineries. Further, Obama has prevented drilling in the Gulf, Alaska, off California, and has prevented oil sand development in the west. He is the worst enemy of energy independence and has been a complete failure.

4. Wrong. Creating a massive new entitlement, which we cannot afford, and adding the the debt was insane. He could have simply implemented a policy to eliminate pre-existing conditions and expand the age limit for private insurance coverage. Instead, he created a terrible plan that will be repealed anyway.

5. BS indeed. Obama has sued Arizona over enforcing US immigration laws. In addition, he has been critical of laws in Alabama, but has yet to sue them. He has done nothing to complete the fence separating the US and Mexico. The only thing he HAS DONE was to destroy the US economy, making it less appealing to come to the US.

6. Agreed. He failed to do anything about NAFTA or China most favored nation trade status policy, which has ruined US manufacturing and destroyed the middle class. This, of course, was a gift of Bill Clinton. Obama lacks the knowledge or will to deal with China- the next republican president has vowed to get tough with the Chinese.

7. Much of this has been dealt with? Give me a break. There has been stonewalling regarding Fast and Furious as well as Solyndra. The Obama government is ripe with corruption, as evidenced by these scandals. They have not even investigated Obama's real estate dealings in Chicago.

8. Bad- The war in Afghanistan can never be won, due to the terrain and population. We should have never invaded and should have had limited forces with special forces and drones. The war has accomplished nothing, except US deaths. I thought libs were anti-war? I guess a war expanded by a democrat is a good one, just like Vietnam.

9. So you agree that Obama is preventing expansion of US buisness and is against the American worker, to side with unions? I guess it would be better if all manufacturing just left the US?

10. Cutting corporate taxes, making the US on par with the rest of the world, would level the playing field and make establishment of further US industry more appealing. Taxes, as well as massive regulations increased by Obama have been job killers. Revenue is created by having a vibrant economy, not by killing industry and driving that tax base overseas.

So you can see how Obama is a dismal failure. It is obvious to anyone and is impossible to defend such incompetence. The debates will be fun.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 12-24-2011 at 09:37 AM..

Old 12-24-2011, 09:20 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am continually puzzled as to why anyone would continue to praise and support a president who has proven to be an abject failure in all facets of his presidency, to the detriment of the American public.
You're so sincere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies