Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not defending Colmes, but you can't deny that the way Santorum handled it was very strange, to say the least.

Fox News’ Alan Colmes Flips Out When Called Out For ‘Cheap Shot’ About Rick Santorum Baby (Updated) | Mediaite
According to Santorum, the baby died around 3 AM, they stayed with him for 2-3 hours, then took him home so the other children could SEE their brother. There is nothing at all strange about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
That WAS an effed up thing they did. A picture would have sufficed.

And Colmes is not vile. Vile and disgusting is someone like his former counterpart, Sean Hannity.
Maybe for YOU, but for them life AND death was apparently more precious than a cold picture. According to Santorum, what they did helped the family deal with the grief.

What colmes said, that they took the baby home to "play" with it, was beyond vile, beyond disgusting and certainly something one might expect coming from this hateful leftist.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly right. There is NOTHING bizarre about how they handled his death. Why do leftists think it bizarre?
Look, I feel real bad for what happened to the Santorum's in this case, and it was a tragedy, no question about it. However, you can't tell me bringing home a dead baby born about 4 months prematurely and showing it to your kids isn't bizarre....

Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Look, I feel real bad for what happened to the Santorum's in this case, and it was a tragedy, no question about it. However, you can't tell me bringing home a dead baby born about 4 months prematurely and showing it to your kids isn't bizarre....
Well, the way Colmes put it, no doubt. But as usual, the leftist's interpretation of what went on is totally off base. They way they did it, with love and compassion for their kids..no.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As is sleeping with a stillborn

Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
As is sleeping with a stillborn
No, it's not. They didn't spend 8 hours with the dead baby, just a few, comforting each other over their dead child.

I guess the Left's way would be to have the baby die in your arms, jump up, pack up, toss the dead kid to the nearest nurse for disposal and high-tail it out of there.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:36 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Maybe for YOU, but for them life AND death was apparently more precious than a cold picture. According to Santorum, what they did helped the family deal with the grief.

What colmes said, that they took the baby home to "play" with it, was beyond vile, beyond disgusting and certainly something one might expect coming from this hateful leftist.
Whatever. Not surprised someone like you would defend what Santorum did.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Oh, what DID he do? Celebrate the LIFE and deal with the DEATH of a child?

I guess we should adhere to your way as the right way, right? A cold picture will do just fine. Yeah, whatever. I'm not surprised either.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:44 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
I feel bad for any parent who loses a child, even Santorum.

Grieving however doesn't give you a license to do bizarre stuff. Sleeping with the stillborn is one thing, but taking him home to meet the other kids is bordering on emotional and psychological abuse.

When you are grieving your mind isn't right, but I would hope that years later Santorum would have realizeed that what he subjected his children to was just plain wrong.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I feel bad for any parent who loses a child, even Santorum.

Grieving however doesn't give you a license to do bizarre stuff. Sleeping with the stillborn is one thing, but taking him home to meet the other kids is bordering on emotional and psychological abuse.
Absolute nonsense.

For their family, it helped them deal with the death. Maybe you think what that vile leftist, alan colmes, said was true - that they took the baby home to "play" with it.

Actually, his wife was/is a neo-natal nurse, so I think she'd know more than you about what is normal.

http://www.firstcandle.org/grieving-...tillbirth-faq/

I think the medical profession encourages spending as much time as possible with a stillborn/newborn death.

Yeah, just as I thought. Your view of what is strange is not so strange.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...otionally.html

When will I learn that the Left very rarely holds the mainstream view/opinion about anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies