Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 10:39 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If you want beyond a shadow of doubt, that's not going to happen. A reasonable doubt as to what the media and gov't want you to believe, is a good start. Keep an open mind.
In the context of these events, "proof" should mean, well, proof. Check the dictionary.

This isn't a trial. This is an investigation of sorts. "Reasonable doubt" doesn't apply. If you're going to challenge what is widely accepted to be a fairly accurate representation of the events of that day, then you must prove your claims.

You don't get to change the rules, just because you're not able to provide the evidence. If you can't prove it, maybe YOU should be keeping an open mind and reexamining your position...

I looked at the truther claims when they started popping up not long after 9/11, and I've looked at new claims as they've come up. Most components of the various theories have been around for a decade - not a lot of new information has been presented in a long time. I had an open mind then, and I still do, albeit to a lesser extent, but I'm still willing to look at new information. Earlier in this thread, for instance, I asked a truther to cite a source for a very specific claim that he made - he never did, despite my repeated requests for one. Not surprisingly, that guy has disappeared from the thread, as has the OP, who also had a hard time proving his claims.

I refuse to waste my time researching things that were proven several years ago to be nonsense. Re-posting the same YouTube videos ten times, or a hundred times, or a thousand times does not change the facts of the situation.

Oh, and my favorite component of the theory? And this one is fairly new - the "no plane" people. There's one posting in this thread. These people are unbelievable, and further evidence that the entire truther movement has close to no credibility whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 10:47 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911FireAndRescue View Post
You're pathetic.
Careful with the ToS violations. The mods around here are pretty strict about them, particularly the clause about personal attacks.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:12 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Tirebiter View Post
Just a quick message to the folks on here trying to convince the group of trolls that there are unanswered questions about the destruction of buildings in New York. You're wasting your time. This group, which often uses the word 'our', will not accept that there are any unanswered questions for any number of reasons. Some aren't able to grasp something other what they've been told, others can't afford to believe anything other than what they've been told, others are just 'true believers', and others are actually receiving remuneration for their work. Oh, and I forgot at least one other group and that's the trolls that just enjoy a good joust whether there's any real truth involved or not. The standard 'true believer' replies coming from these people are standard fare. Some of this group has been tag teaming against unanswered questions since the events occurred. Some of them have gotten rather skilled at obscuring and deflecting away from any real evidence that brings up valid unanswered questions. It's common knowledge that there's been a concerted effort to distribute disinformation throughout the web to steer the sheep away from even looking at the issues here. And that tactic has worked quite well. One clear dodge that is used consistently is to label anyone who has unanswered questions as a 'conspiracy theorist', when the government's own story about what occurred is a conspiracy theory. A common deflection used is to try to label anyone who questions the 'official story' as shameful for not paying respect to the people who died during the catastrophe. Fortunately this only works on the people who haven't studied this enough and fell for the idea that the government was just lax on that day. Those who know more are thoroughly outraged that these people died and their government has allowed a sham of an investigation to be presented to explain why they died. People to unintelligent to comprehend what's occurred are obviously excused for not feeling this outrage, but trolls who deliberately try to destroy obvious blatant unanswered questions are showing very little respect for the deaths that occurred. That's where the shame should reside.
Anyway don't waste your energy with these trolls, you'll never change their minds.
Well said and worth repeating.
Ask yourselves why would they do this? Because it allows them to change the globe, take our liberties, and take control of the middle east. One giant leap forward for NWO.
Truthers are about exposing truth.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:50 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Truthers haven't presented anything that proves their claim.s they can't even come to a consensus on what happened.

They are nothing but con artists and are one of the lowest scums on the planet. They nearly rank near Holocaust Deniers with their ignorance as we as intolerance, and racism (yes they are inherently racists because they deny that what amounts to "third world" people can't come up with a simple plan of using Planes as bombs).

Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 AM

I'll quote an earlier post of mines seeing as the truthers (aka liars) want ignore reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Many of these regurgitated claims have been dealt with over and over again, on the net as well as on this forum. Here are some sites that address the older and non-dying claims by truthers and of course witness testimonies from those who were there. While truthers rely on non-experts and Youtube videos, real engineers and scholars submitted peer reviewed science based articles to recognized publications,

Reports and peer Reviewed articles:
WTC Disaster Study
Final Reports from the NIST World Trade Center Disaster Investigation
ArchitectureWeek - News - Engineers Explain WTC Collapse - 2002.0529
McGraw-Hill Construction | ENR - Research May Never Pinpoint Sequence of Events on 9/11
http://www.icivilengineer.com/News/WTC/Fire.html
Simulation for the collapse of WTC after aeroplane impact --- Proc. Int. Conf. on Protection of Structures Against Hazard, Lok TS eds. Singapore Nov. 2002. 57~60
Cookies Required
http://search.epnet.com/direct.asp?an=7171380&db=aph
http://www.hera.org.nz/PDF%20Files/Elaboration%20on%20WTC%20Paper.PDF (broken link)
Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more
http://search.epnet.com/direct.asp?an=8747711&db=aph
http://search.epnet.com/direct.asp?an=7029412&db=aph
ProQuest Login - ProQuest
http://webcat.library.ubc.ca/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&CNT=20&Search_Arg=World%20T rade%20Center%20Building%20Performance%20Study:%20 Data%20Collection,%20Preliminary%20Observations,%2 0and%20Recomm&Search_Code=TALL (broken link)
Cookies Required
http://weblinks2.epnet.com/citation....17&fn=11&rn=15
ProQuest Login - ProQuest
Cookies Required
National Institute of Standards and Technology Error Page (http://www.nist.gov/testimony/2002/abwtc.html - broken link)
Geotimes - November 2001 World Trade Center site
NOVA | Engineering Ground Zero
The Towers Lost and Beyond

Leading Firefighters magazine with testimonials from those on scene that day:
9/11 Magazine Articles - Firehouse

Debunking sites:
Debunking 911 Conspiracy Theories and Controlled Demolition Homepage
Main Page - 911myths
Screw Loose Change
Main Page - 911myths
AE911Truth.INFO. Answering the questions of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth
http://www.structuremag.org/archives/2007/March%202007/D-Spotlight-ComputerModeling-Mar07.pdf (broken link)
11 Settembre
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/sund-flash.html
911 Conspiracy Pictures | Facts | Cash Advance | Debt Consolidation at Debunk911myths.org
Your Friday Dose of Woo: And now for something completely different... : Respectful Insolence
Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Pentagon & Boeing 757 Engine Investigation
Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Pentagon & Boeing 757 Ground Effect
The Physics of 9/11 » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Scientists simulate jet colliding with World Trade Center - YouTube

9/11 Pentagon Attack Eyewitness Mike Walter - YouTube

911 Case Study: Pentagon Flight 77 - YouTube

For those searching, be sure to avoid any site hosted by World Nut Daily, Rense.com , Prisonplanet, infowars, 911research as these are truther sites that are devoid of facts, evidence and any recognizable intelligence.

But we all know that truthers don't seek the truth. They want to spread lies and misinformation about the event.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,853,348 times
I just drifted back to this thread after reading a few of the early posts. At that time it sounded like a redo of a science-fiction thriller. I can't imagine reading the entire thread now, so I won't take the time.

My response to the OP question is something that I infer many have paraphrased ... How could so many people plan, execute, and cover-up such a massive and complex action? -- it would probably take hundreds to pull it off and forever keep it secret. Then there is the related requirement to accept the 'Why "they" did it?' explanation too.

Maybe if I read the thread and countless links provided, I could figure this out but, being just average, I doubt it. I will continue to check the last few posts periodically to see if the disagreement has been settled, but I don't expect it to, and I kind of hope not too.

For me this is "Nothing to see, move along...". Oh, and my thanks and respect to those on both sides who continue to fight this good fight. I'm sure some good will come of it some day.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 PM

60 posts, read 42,642 times
Quote:
Truthers haven't presented anything that proves their claim.s
I love how you just ignore the vid about the lobby. Ignoring the truth doesn't make it go away....denier.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911FireAndRescue View Post
I love how you just ignore the vid about the lobby.
I didn't ignore it. Its you're poor attempt to take out of context video testimonies and apply it as if bombs went off.

Nothing in the video supports your claim.

Quote:
Ignoring the truth doesn't make it go away....denier.
I deny that truthers are truthful in what they post. As you have demonstrated over and over again, you're not interested in the truth, but the spreading of lies and misinformation.

the only ignoring being done are by truthers. They ignore reality. They ignore the thousands of man hours that went into the investigations. They ignore physics.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Proof that the WTC was rigged with explosives! Pt. 1

Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I didn't ignore it. Its you're poor attempt to take out of context video testimonies and apply it as if bombs went off.

Nothing in the video supports your claim.
As a matter of FACT, the entire video supports my claim....denier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies