Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,471,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizotypalAureliusz View Post
It is about bigotry:
1)"gay people"-some of gay people from big cities, who are under 35 - and their supporters are upset that owners of some restaurants don't allowed gay pairs to kissing, but when some people (e.g.lesbians, bisexual engaged with opposite-sex partner) ask, why only young male (under 40) are allowed to go to so-called "gayfriendly clubs", they say, that it is owner right to decide,who he or (I doubt) she lets in. It is so called bigotry.
Second thing is that when someone call homosexuality deviation, they* answered that that there are three orientation, but when they want to humiliate opponent in discussion, they say "you are afraid of gays, scientific research prove[1], that if someone is afraid of something, he is afraid,that he can be that, so you are "cryptogay"[2]".
*as 'they' I mean gays, (less often) lesbians, leftist politicians and activists.
[1]they never have spoken, which researches.
[2]they never use argument of bisexuality in discussion nor argument about "exploring their sexuality" or "problems with defining their sexual identity".

"Hey, Mr gay, you forgot bisexuality" - if I can paraphrase one of the candidate on president of United States:
--------------------
Anyway - why people who defend gays "because-this-is-not-a-choice" can't defend mental ill or disabled - this is not a choice too. It's not that I would like to Communists talking BS about 'psychozophobia', I just want to stop them spread disinformation about the disordered people in order to achieve the benefits in discussion.

STOP HATING AND LOOK IN HEART
It's kind of hard to understand your posts. I agree with the last sentence for sure.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizotypalAureliusz View Post
ad 2)Have you ever were anywhere outside San-Francisco? In Europe gay-clubs, where no women allowed are common. I know it not only from heterosexual woman, but from male gay, who want to go inside 'gay-friendly' club with his female friends. And on website "gejowo.pl" owner of this club boasted that since he forbade men after their forties to enter , "the level of play has increased"
But it is EOT, I won't discuss with people, who at first look see only own nose, at second only their neighborhood and don't want to see more. Ignorants.
All of them? Or was it just this one gay club you heard of once in Poland?

Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sorry... *grin*. This thread is getting more and more bizarre Nim.
Lol I know. It's hard to tell the Poe's from the real deal.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Oops... I made a typo.. I meant to write amygdalae.
Is there a reason they had to name it after the Greek root for almond? I mean, I realize it supposedly looks like an almond, but people actually have to spell this thing over and over again! Lol.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You just crack me up. You do not know me at all. I can certainly empathize with a person who is so down that they are contemplating suicide. The ones who do it are cowards, though. One cannot just give up on life. I have witnessed three autopsies and they were all suicides, just FYI. I left there with a very heavy heart.

It's nasty what you said, and you know it. Don't play dumb with me, that act does not work.
That is a nasty thing to say. I have attempted suicide. Basically you think I'm a coward, along with numerous other people in this world, without even knowing what me or any of those people were going through that drove us to that point.

I just hope to God you don't go into clinical psychology. That isn't meant as an insult--it is from the most logistical perspective that I say that. If you ever have a suicidal client who is suicidal cause of their feelings of homosexuality, or because they are becoming disabled, or something other trait that you judge harshly, you might just have the perfect recipe to send them over the edge.

Please, for the safety of future patients, go into research or something. It is just not fair that there are counselors out there spewing the kind of bigoted opinions you are. Even if you don't think gay people are bad, telling a gay teen, who is feeling suicidal cause his parents just kicked him out, that you think "homosexuality is wrong" could just be the last straw.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:35 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,035,532 times
Quote:
My God is okay with everyone, no matter who they are or what they do. Not sure what god you're talking about that I supposedly believe in. God loves us all..
Well, this is what you wrote in the post I to which I responded; As is evidenced by the whining of the homosexuals on this forum, THEY are the ones making it an issue. I don't personally care one way or the other, I just don't think that's what God wants for humans.
Yeah, your god loves us all, he just doesn't want us to be homosexuals. I suppose there's a subtle difference between disapproval and love. So, does he want us to be Jews or Buddhists? Personally, I can hope he's okay with football on Sunday. He is, isn't he?

Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,035,532 times
Quote:
I think what you fail to understand is that when you say you don't think being gay is 'right', it's kind of like saying to a black person that you don't think being black is 'right'. That's why your posts are coming across as offensive.

I'm guessing this is because you think gay people are actually heterosexuals who have somehow 'chosen' to be gay?

I've yet to see you present any 'research' at all that supports your opinion that homosexuality is a choice.

You claim to have based your 'educated' opinion on research - so please name the studies and researchers.

Do you realise your opinion is not supported at all by all the major health organizations worldwide? Or any research? Your opinion is purely religious ideology with no basis in science.
I think being gay is okay (hey, that sort of rhymes). I mean really okay (I feel the same way about Buddhism, atheism, and vegetarianism). Anything less smacks of discrimination. And so I see the "choice" argument as completely irrelevant and maybe even offensive.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,118,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That is a nasty thing to say. I have attempted suicide. Basically you think I'm a coward, along with numerous other people in this world, without even knowing what me or any of those people were going through that drove us to that point.

I just hope to God you don't go into clinical psychology. That isn't meant as an insult--it is from the most logistical perspective that I say that. If you ever have a suicidal client who is suicidal cause of their feelings of homosexuality, or because they are becoming disabled, or something other trait that you judge harshly, you might just have the perfect recipe to send them over the edge.

Please, for the safety of future patients, go into research or something. It is just not fair that there are counselors out there spewing the kind of bigoted opinions you are. Even if you don't think gay people are bad, telling a gay teen, who is feeling suicidal cause his parents just kicked him out, that you think "homosexuality is wrong" could just be the last straw.
That is what my degree is in. We own a restaurant and I only work part time due to having a child now. I have no intentions of getting an advanced degree or practicing counseling. I'm not saying that b/c I agree with your assessment but b/c I have no interest in counseling or therapy anymore. I also can be objective and see that I am far too opinionated on a whole host of topics and it is not something I would be able to suppress around clients.

Btw, I can say what I said b/c I also have attempted suicide, long ago. You really do not know anything to be making these judgments on me. You only know the side I present here, and there is FAR more to me than that.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:58 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,118,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, this is what you wrote in the post I to which I responded; As is evidenced by the whining of the homosexuals on this forum, THEY are the ones making it an issue. I don't personally care one way or the other, I just don't think that's what God wants for humans.
Yeah, your god loves us all, he just doesn't want us to be homosexuals. I suppose there's a subtle difference between disapproval and love. So, does he want us to be Jews or Buddhists? Personally, I can hope he's okay with football on Sunday. He is, isn't he?
What are you talking about? Again, God loves us all despite our sins. All sins are equal, one is no worse than another to Him.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
That is what my degree is in. We own a restaurant and I only work part time due to having a child now. I have no intentions of getting an advanced degree or practicing counseling. I'm not saying that b/c I agree with your assessment but b/c I have no interest in counseling or therapy anymore. I also can be objective and see that I am far too opinionated on a whole host of topics and it is not something I would be able to suppress around clients.

Btw, I can say what I said b/c I also have attempted suicide, long ago. You really do not know anything to be making these judgments on me. You only know the side I present here, and there is FAR more to me than that.
Well in that case, I'm glad to hear you aren't going into counseling.

If you've attempted suicide, then how can you judge people so harshly for the same thing? I don't understand. And even if you have, that doesn't make what you said any better. If I spread anti-gay rhetoric, it doesn't matter if I'm straight or gay and self-hating. In either case, it's anti-gay.

My responses are to things you've said. You are judging gay people for who they are. Sure there are many things bout you that I don't know, just like there are things about me, and many other gay people you don't know. Your judgements of homosexuality are based on incomplete and biased information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies