Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,089,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You probably didn't mean to be, but your post is offensive. Nimchimpsky's comments were spot on but you dismiss them without any evidence and then gang up on him with references to "we" as if there's a room full of people to back up your view, ready for attack. Then, you finish with "there are so called men that". Are you saying that there are men who aren't indeed actually men because they act gay? In other words, is a gay man less than other men? You see, this is offensive.

Gay is not a choice. You can choose to act gay but that doesn't make you gay. You can have gay sex but still not be gay. You can wear clothes of the opposite sex but that doesn't make you gay. You don't even have to have sex to be gay. I commented back on page 40 that it shouldn't take 40 pages to resolve this issue.

Originally Posted by Taratova
We are higher than an animal.

Utter garbage. We ARE animals. We just THINK we're better. Which makes us pretty low if you ask me.
you are reading into my posts things that do not mean what you say they mean and seem to be defensive of something that is not an attack------such as your interpretation of my so called men statement(had to do with the maturity level not the orientation)----please try to be less defensive for not every comment in which someone has a different opinion is a personal attack--wish this subject could be discussed with less drama and hypersensitivity

Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,006,384 times
LOL - Let's see:

45 pages!

Lots of gays telling people that they did not chose to be gay.

Lots of straights telling gays that they are wrong and that they DID chose to be gay.

Priceless.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:35 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,089,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
LOL - Let's see:

45 pages!

Lots of gays telling people that they did not chose to be gay.

Lots of straights telling gays that they are wrong and that they DID chose to be gay.

Priceless.
again generalizations ---some DO chose to be gay---it is their preference to have sex with members of their own sex and this does not necessarily mean these same people seek an intimate monogamous relationship---yet these same people do have successful intimate enduring relationships with those of the opposite sex-----again i haved been in medical settings with children and have NEVER had a physician/psychologist state a young child was born gay--so i am a doubter---i wish some of those who say they were would give an age and a story of how they discovered their genetic gayness

Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
again generalizations ---some DO chose to be gay---it is their preference to have sex with members of their own sex and this does not necessarily mean these same people seek an intimate monogamous relationship---yet these same people do have successful intimate enduring relationships with those of the opposite sex-----again i haved been in medical settings with children and have NEVER had a physician/psychologist state a young child was born gay--so i am a doubter---i wish some of those who say they were would give an age and a story of how they discovered their genetic gayness
How and why would the doctors you've worked with know their patients' innermost thoughts and/or predilections from birth? What a strange thing on which to base your opinions, as I doubt this is something you've really asked them (the doctors OR gay folks) and studied. Every gay person I know well says it wasn't a choice, and most knew their orientation by the age of sexual awareness - right around the time us straight people knew who we found attractive. I don't remember liking boys until maybe 2nd grade, so was I "orientation-less" or yet to make a choice before then? Nope, I just wasn't old enough to have ANY feelings of romantic interest quite yet.

Bottom line, it is literally impossible to choose your innate attractions... one can choose who they have sex with, but they cannot choose their feelings. Don't you guys get the difference, or is it all about sex to you??

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-11-2012 at 02:08 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 01:52 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Any boy that doesn't find boys attractive doesn't know what he's missing!
Lol. He would be missing nothing!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Lol. He would be missing nothing!
In your opinion, since you are a straight man... but the gay men and straight women would disagree, hence the meaning of sexual orientation. Do you not get this??

Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM

P.S. To whomever said that people choose to be gay in prison, my comments above also apply there... prisoners who are otherwise straight don't choose to "be gay," they only choose to have homosexual relations (out of sheer desperation). Again, there is a distinct difference, and I'm not sure why this is so confusing to some people! Btw, I once had a lesbian friend who'd spent 5 years in prison, and she actually chose to marry a man & have a child after getting out - because in her words "I was literally oversexed in jail, and needed a break from women for a while!" Of course the marriage only lasted a few years, and then she went back to women for good.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,984,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. To whomever said that people choose to be gay in prison, my comments above also apply there... prisoners who are otherwise straight don't choose to "be gay," they only choose to have homosexual relations (out of sheer desperation). Again, there is a distinct difference, and I'm not sure why this is so confusing to some people! Btw, I once had a lesbian friend who'd spent 5 years in prison, and she actually chose to marry a man & have a child after getting out - because in her words "I was literally oversexed in jail, and needed a break from women for a while!" Of course the marriage only lasted a few years, and then she went back to women for good.
I agree with you. I do think homosexuality is real and those who are affected can't help it, but I do think somebody can engage in sexual behavior with a person of the same sex without being homosexual or even bisexual, even outside of prison.

Gay Guise: When Straight Men Have Sex With Other Men | Psychology Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So gay guys are just lazy? They truly want sex with women, but can't be bothered to go through the ritual of buying women dinner before they'll have sex with them?

We're not talking a choice between Coke and Pepsi here, folks. Unless you're bisexual, I don't see how "sex with the same sex" is a choice for straight guys with no game.

What of the gay guy in an all-girls school? When the girls would throw themselves at him? Would he "go straight" because of all the available girls, and no boys?
I don't think it's that simple. And I was tired when I wrote the post to which you replied.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
I knew i was gay when i was ten. even before that i knew that i was softer or more feminine on the inside than the other boys at school going back to the first grade.

I don't think a first grader chose to be gay.

also where is the straight gene located anyway? oh that's right they never found one. so why should i believe straight people then whey they say they were always heterosexual? maybe they're lying.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
I dont understand the obsession regarding this subject. Who the fock cares! Really???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies