Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
And how is the article full of lies?

You said the man was a waiter, he is not, he is a line cook on the grill...reading the entire article and not the paragraph posted would tell you that.
I thought all poor people made minimum wage at Walmart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
There is no line cook in any restaurant in this country who makes that kind of money.

So again, how is this article full of lies?
Do you think these people are lying about their hardwork, the fact that the five children are from previous marriages for each, the health problems, the home they sold at a loss that did not foreclose, the fact that she is a nursing student???? Again, what are the lies???
Exactly. So why again should Ruth's Chris pay higher?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
It is not society's fault that some people ain't real bright and work at jobs any idiot can do.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Republicans are truly at their worst on issues like this one.

Wages have remained stagnant in this country for all but the very top percentile. Pointing this out is not class warfare. It is simply an assertion of truth. The question is how to fix it. We should not be controlled by a tiny minority of people who literally get to determine who lives and who dies. We're supposed to be a democracy. Instead we are sadly an oligarchy. That's not a viable long term nation. Leave most Americans out of power and you will find yourself doing nothing but building ever bigger fences to keep them out.
Tip better.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Because the guy who served them a steak has no health insurance. It's vile when we live in a society where someone deals with serious health problems AND face enormous fiscal consequences as a result. A big chunk of the reason that the person can afford to buy the steak is because he isn't paying the true cost for it. The true cost would include access to the health care for the guy who prepares it and his wife.

Seriously?? So I should feel badly and not eat out or do anything else for that matter because the person may have fallen on hard times. Should I ask every person I pay for a service if they have financial issues? Ok so next time you go and get gas be sure to ask the attendant and the clerk at the grocery store and the toll booth operator and don't forget the mailman, UPS and every other person you come in contact with every freakin day? Maybe some of her 5 GROWN children should help out.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The next time you're at Ruth's Chris, drop a tip off in the back.

You too can prevent poverty.

If not for rich people, the guy would be making minimum wage at Walmart!
Or NOT have a job at all!

And for the record I have eat there and I am FAR from rich!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:02 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
The next time you're at Ruth's Chris, drop a tip off in the back.

You too can prevent poverty.

If not for rich people, the guy would be making minimum wage at Walmart!

Quote:
I thought all poor people made minimum wage at Walmart?
Quote:
Exactly. So why again should Ruth's Chris pay higher?

What do any of these posts have to do with the OP?
Who said a thing about RC paying higher?
What exactly is your point?

Old 01-09-2012, 08:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
I eat at Ruths Chris all the time. There's one about a mile from my home. Excellent steak, excellent staff. I don't see the rich crowd in there. Mostly middle-class or upper middle-class.

The poor feeding the rich makes sense to me. It's been like that for thousands of years.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Seriously?? So I should feel badly and not eat out or do anything else for that matter because the person may have fallen on hard times. Should I ask every person I pay for a service if they have financial issues? Ok so next time you go and get gas be sure to ask the attendant and the clerk at the grocery store and the toll booth operator and don't forget the mailman, UPS and every other person you come in contact with every freakin day? Maybe some of her 5 GROWN children should help out.

No one is asking you forego any activity, I do believe that you are missing the point if the article...in that many, MANY are just one problem away from very tough times. It is a testament to today's society and economy. If you are not in that position then by all means consider yourself blessed but don't bash those that are and are in fact trying to help themselves and are taking care of themselves the best that they can.

Do you have children? Would you toss them to the curb and not feed them if you were in these shoes. This family is doing the best that they can and they ARE helping themselves.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
What do any of these posts have to do with the OP?
Who said a thing about RC paying higher?
What exactly is your point?
Reading comprehension is the key. I was replying to your posts.

The point is this......YOU are the author of your fate.

Who's responsibility are someone else's kids?

It really sucks that so many people are suffering. Many are one or two paychecks away from problems.

Government cannot and should not be responsible for every problem of every person.

You lefties seem to think that the government is there to save everyone from everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies