Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 12:12 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,318,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I didn't know the Tea Party had a leader. When did that happen ?
If the leaders of the movement are fictional creatures then teabaggers have nothing to be offended about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,248,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is anyone really surprised.

"Outrage over the U.S. Marines video of soldiers desecrating the bodies of dead Afghans has been further stirred by the controversial words of Tea Party leader Pamela Geller: "I don't care," she wrote recently."

Marines Urinating Video: Pamela Geller, Anti-Muslim Blogger, Says 'I DO Love These Marines'

Tea Party's Geller reacts to marines urinating on Afghan corpses
They were dead enemies who would have gladly pissed on American bodies.
War is not politically correct get your big boy/girl panties on

Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM

52,419 posts, read 52,947,427 times
While I don't support our people in uniform doing that, I seriously doubt that the Afghan/Tailiban would condem their "soldiers" for doing the same.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:25 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,318,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So we should resort to the same tactics as our enemies?

I thought the point of war was to beat the other guy, not urinate on hm.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:08 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,248,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So we should resort to the same tactics as our enemies?

I thought the point of war was to beat the other guy, not urinate on hm.
If you are urinating on the enemies body you have won that battle.
I imagine that in a battle with Adrenalin running for you survive or they survive that things might happen due to the rush that you survived that might not be acceptable at formal cocktail parties

Old 01-14-2012, 01:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,063,560 times
All I can say is read what West said..........end of story.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.
“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?
“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.
“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell' | The Weekly Standard

Old 01-14-2012, 01:13 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,048,270 times
LMAO! What morons some Americans are really. It's sad. Terrorists in Afghanistan are going to overthrow the US? I mean what the hell is wrong with the people of my country? Are we that f'ing braindead? You wanna talk about a country hell bent on "destroying" and overthrowing you look to your most favored nation trading partner CHINA! The Chinese hate the west as much as anyone and they actually have the military might, economy, and population to put their money where their mouth is. But they don't need a military to destroy America they already are because idiot Americans like the above Tea Party clown have sold their soul to China for cheap Walmart crap they don't need and can live without. American materialism and mindless conspicuous consumption will be our downfall not some goat herding Taliban warrior with an AK living in the 16th century. Americans are complete idiots. Hence why we'll end up with another Romney or Obama.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:16 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,048,270 times
Quote:
America is supposed to judge itself on its OWN merits. How low do we stoop when we start comparing ourselves to f'ing Taliban? So what if it's war? That's what soldiers are trained for. That's why we have the most sophisticated training, equipment, and soldiers in the world. They are doing a job and have been trained and are expected to do it professionally. So you're going to degrade all Marines and soldiers by saying it's war that's how they are supposed to act and do act? You've just insulted a HUGE amount of soldiers who have more class, more guts, and more professionalism than you could ever muster. That is NOT the behavior of an American soldier no matter how bloody, evil, and vile war is. That is the behavior of a bunch of spineless cowards that have lost all hope in this war and probably never had a reason to believe in it to begin with. It's time we bring the troops home for the good of the country.

We are supposed to be better than the enemies we fight. Not to mention it's AGAINST INTERNATIONAL LAW i.e. The GENEVA CONVENTION! Grow up!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:18 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,475,431 times
Quote:
If you are urinating on the enemies body you have won that battle.
How is pissing on dead people considered a victory in "winning the hearts of minds" of the people?

Old 01-14-2012, 01:18 PM

8,288 posts, read 13,597,705 times
The Marines are looked upon very favorably and peeing on dead corpses doesn't embody that. I don't care if they are the "enemy" and it is quite childish behavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies