Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
When appeal to reason, law, history and logic fails, there is alas, nothing but ridicule left.

At that point, your ignorance is a chosen condition, and you deserve nothing but derision for it.

That, and the fact that you chose to IGNORE any arguments actually presented. Because you simply cannot respond in any manner - intelligent or otherwise.
No, homosexuals have a nasty habit of lashing out in anger at anyone who disagrees with their point of view, or with their demands.

I have seen your arguments, and they failed. The same laws apply equally to straight and gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, straight people cannot marry the same sex any more than gay people.

However, a gay man can marry a gay woman.

That's the whole point.
You, cannot marry your sister or brother, you cannot marry your Mother or Father, you cannot marry your first cousin in my many states. You claim there are no special rules for marriage other than Man and a Woman, you might want to rethink that statement. Oh never mind, you are simply going to repeat he same Lie over an over, as you already have, and then claim people are attacking you, hanging out with the wrong crowd can truely warp ones point of view as is evident in your posts on this subject.
Yes, if I were Brutus the outcome would be the same for Ceasar who would be King.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
No, homosexuals have a nasty habit of lashing out in anger at anyone who disagrees with their point of view, or with their demands.

Ironic considering both your actions, and your point of view damage gay people and their families EVERY SINGLE DAY. Your beliefs have real world consequences that hurt people in tangible ways and you have the utter gall to pretend to be some VICTIM, lashed out against by the ones you so openly and willingly oppress, due to your own failed logic and insistence on imposing your archaic beliefs on others?

HA! Sell it to those who are buying it. I'm on the BS "do not call list."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
I have seen your arguments, and they failed. The same laws apply equally to straight and gay.

Simply saying, "the arguments failed" is not addressing the topic.

ESPECIALLY when my arguments are among the very arguments winning at the trial level. You would be laughed out of a courtroom. Not even the conservative legal teams getting their collective asses handed to them by the courts use the "the law applies equally" defense! Why do you suppose you're smarter than they who actually know and study constitutional law.... for a living?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
No, straight people cannot marry the same sex any more than gay people.

However, a gay man can marry a gay woman.

That's the whole point.
And why would a gay man want to marry a gay woman? That doesn't fit the Supreme Court's ruling of marrying a person of your choice, since neither will be attracted to each other, and the resulting relationship would end in nothing but adultery and divorce.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ironic considering both your actions, and your point of view damage gay people and their families EVERY SINGLE DAY. Your beliefs have real world consequences that hurt people in tangible ways and you have the utter gall to pretend to be some VICTIM, lashed out against by the ones you so openly and willingly oppress, due to your own failed logic and insistence on imposing your archaic beliefs on others?
No, I am not a victim, I am simply pointing out the fact that gay people tend to resort to personal insults and anger when people do not agree with them to comply to their demands. It is the worst possible way to get your point across.

Quote:
Simply saying, "the arguments failed" is not addressing the topic.
The law is same for everyone, and that is a FACT as there is only one law. You and few others seem to be on a mission to prove otherwise, but so far I have not seen a single argument which comes even close to proving your POV. Keep trying

Old 01-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And why would a gay man want to marry a gay woman?
Love, maybe.... why does anyone one want to marry anyone?

I am just pointing out that it is legally possible for a gay person to marry another gay person. The law does not care about your sexual orientation. That't the whole point.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:04 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
No, I am not a victim, I am simply pointing out the fact that gay people tend to resort to personal insults and anger when people do not agree with them to comply to their demands. It is the worst possible way to get your point across.
As opposed to... what? Repeating lies over and over in an attempt to get your point across?

Ever stop to think that if people are calling you "willfully ignorant" over and over, it's MORE than an insult? It is quite literally the only way to explain your (lack of) thought process?

It's either "stupid" or "ignorant." Pick one. One is something that cannot be cured. The other is a condition that can be cured, unless change is WILLFULLY resisted. Guess which one is worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
The law is same for everyone, and that is a FACT as there is only one law. You and few others seem to be on a mission to prove otherwise, but so far I have not seen a single argument which comes even close to proving your POV. Keep trying

You ignore historic precedent.

You ignore case law precedent.

You ignore appeal to analogy and metaphor.

You ignore appeal to reason and logic.

The only thing that would convince you, I'm afraid, is if we found a hidden bible verse. Then it would be case closed. Amazing!

Sorry dude, you're a waste of energy.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Love, maybe.... why does anyone one want to marry anyone?
Is this a joke? Gay men aren't romantically attracted to women, so how would they love them romantically? You're just making outlandish excuses to justify your bigotry. I know you would never marry a male friend even if you could, so why would you expect gay people to marry someone of the opposite sex when they aren't in love with them?

Quote:
I am just pointing out that it is legally possible for a gay person to marry another gay person. The law does not care about your sexual orientation. That't the whole point.
But the law does care about you being able to marry the person of your choice. A gay man wants to marry the man he loves, not a lesbian who he has absolutely zero love or attraction for.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
And conscious myopia is a better way to get your point across?
I have to say, if you were really as myopic as your posting in this thread makes you appear, you would not be able to see the computer, let alone type.
You seem to be a reasonably intelligent person, I truly do not understand why you are ignoring all the reasonable, logical, intelligent posts some people have made on this thread in a vain attempt to open your mind.
Whats up with that?
I really dont understand.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:

Having "only one law" does not meant that the law treats everybody the same. Why do you think it does??

Here's a hypothetical law: "It shall be legal to practice any religion in this state except for the Christian religion, and those who practice the Christian religion shall be put to death."

Do you see how that one law treats different people differently?

Last edited by hammertime33; 01-16-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies