Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Jesus would actually have nothing to say at all about a secular matter. He was given many chances to speak out against the exceedingly wicked government of His day and He said what? Nothing at all. His kingdom is not of this world and anyone who can not tell the difference between the secular and the spiritual most likely does not know the Lord.
We already knew this about Obama in 2008. During the campaign he gave an interview in which he stated he believed there were many different ways to reach salvation, IIRC he uses an analogy to spokes on a wheel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." - Mark 10:25
So what are you saying...that Obama is helping rich people enter the Kingdom of God?

Is all of that within his paygrade?

Old 02-02-2012, 06:35 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I wonder if Allah would be pleased by this......

Obama: Jesus would back my tax-the-rich policy - Feb. 2, 2012
From the article, here is all that i could find of what the president said:

"For me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus's teaching that for unto whom much is given, much shall be required"

"I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, and I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

I guess I don't see anything about taxes or jesus backing him, other then in the mind of the creator of the article.

If I am missing something (is there some secret christian code words?) that he said, can you point it out in the article.

Last edited by plannine; 02-02-2012 at 06:45 PM..

Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Hard to argue with one who is an expert on tin foil hats....
Well, of course...I have been here at C-D since 2008.

This is like a trial by fire of wingnuts, bigots, schizophrenics, and delusional loons.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
One should take great care when invoking the name of god or Jesus when trying to justify or explain their actions specially when it concerns politics and law and justice.

It is probably better that we listen rather than preach and reflect to our inner selves when it comes to wisdom and teachings of such, rather than assume that we act in the name of or speak in the name of. Too often those who assume they speak in the name of or act in the name of have become self convinced of being righteous and stray from the path although they don't see it which leads to them becoming tyrants and fanatics.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I wonder if Allah would be pleased by this......

Obama: Jesus would back my tax-the-rich policy - Feb. 2, 2012
I don't know about allah but I'm thinking mr obama's mentor and pastor for twenty years would approve.

source
Quote:
– April 2003: “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God damn America … for killing innocent people. God damn America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.â€

Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,654 times
More proof that Obama really is a Muslin, Communist, Facist, Totalitarian, Nazi!

Like any good white, Republican, upper middle-class, subrubanite, Christian, dbag knows...People are only poor because THEY WANT TO BE! They are poor because they made 'bad decisions'. Those of us who are uber-successful are that way because we work so much harder than the rest of you...We ALWAYS make the best decisions, while you ALWAYS make BAD decisions! Jesus loves us because we are so pure and work so hard, he hates you because you just want handouts!

That's why we can sit back and actually not do a lick of work or create a single job and make millions just moving our money around...That's why you low-lifes can work yourselves to death and get fired, after working for a company for 20yrs, for missing a day of work!

Just accept it, Jesus loves us and hates you because you are lazy, want gov't handouts, want tax increases on the super rich(us), and voted for Obama!

Sincerely,
The TeaPublicans

Old 02-02-2012, 07:57 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Wait, so we are a theocracy now?
ONLY when it's convenient. Obama's kind of theocracy where the slaughter of unborn babies is some kind of sacrament.

Jesus never said anything about taxing the government. Obama should wonder more about what the Founding Fathers thought about taxes.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
From the article, here is all that i could find of what the president said:

"For me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus's teaching that for unto whom much is given, much shall be required"

"I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, and I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

I guess I don't see anything about taxes or jesus backing him, other then in the mind of the creator of the article.

If I am missing something (is there some secret christian code words?) that he said, can you point it out in the article.
I think Obama is more a follower of Karl Marx, the father of Communism.

"From those according to their ability, to those according to their need."

And what would Jesus say about all the perfectly able-bodied welfare moochers? Those who were given arms and legs, and IQ's over 70 who want to do nothing but lay around and have others work to provide them everything they could ever want?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." - Mark 10:25
"do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth" - Matthew 6:19
"You cannot serve both God and Money" - Matthew 6:24
"woe to you who are rich." - Luke 6:24

Yeah, Jesus kind of would.

Don't push that BS Obama is a secret Muslim, that's just tin foil hilarity now.
None of those verses have any thing to do with taxing the rich. God has no problem with people having money. He is simply giving us warning about money "having" us!!

Even poor people can misuse money!

So , NO! Jesus would not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies