Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Warren Buffet never explains apples to apples between him and his secretary. We need to see her tax structure and his to make a comparison.

Okay. Here's a video of Buffett and his secretary:

Warren Buffett: In tax war, rich people have "nuclear bomb" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

[quote] According to Buffett, his "entire office" pays a higher tax rate - "between 33 and 41 percent in payroll and income taxes" -- than he does. [end quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 01:35 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
it's pretty hard for me to believe that there's a politician in America today that even really knows who Jesus was,much less follows HIM.
I wish that that were correct. Unfortunately, most of our politicians are asshats who can't tell fantasy from reality. In other words, they are just like most of the rest of the idiot population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I wonder if Allah would be pleased by this......
Probably. Since Allah found fit to speak to the world through Jesus.

Fun fact: The Koran mentions Jesus more often than it mentions Mohammed.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Not so! BO and GW were not a lot alike. Their records in office as president have some huge and disgusting similarities.

NOT THE TWO MEN....good grief and yes, Obama is a Marxist, Communist. He is a subversive president.

His "fundamental transformation" of our country is a huge clue. Our Constitution IS our fundamentals. Hellooo.....time for everyone that doesn't get it, or denies it to wake up.
You are so straight forward, and totally to the point, who in the hek could argue with you. Everything is spot on that you say.
I also see no similarities, GW was not a pompas arrogant stuck up person who had bully like qualities, if you did not agree with him.

A lot of people get it, even those i know who voted for Obama the first time around, will not be this time, because they get it, and they got it really really good.
People sometimes have a hard time believing that overtime little things that have gotten changed, is only the beginning.

I know a lot of people some not really good, who feel that his being President was to fundamentally tranform America as we know it to be.
Argue all you want, that is their opinion and you can all have yourr own.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I wish that that were correct. Unfortunately, most of our politicians are asshats who can't tell fantasy from reality. In other words, they are just like most of the rest of the idiot population.

Probably. Since Allah found fit to speak to the world through Jesus.

Fun fact: The Koran mentions Jesus more often than it mentions Mohammed.

Yes, Jesus is considered a revered prophet in Islam. There's a sacred rock in the Middle East that Muslims believe he stood on to teach them. But you probably know that already.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In Proverbs 14:30 the Bible says, "A sound heart is life to the body, But envy is rottenness to the bones "

Christians, because we are a people filled with Christ's love, are to avoid envying others (Galatians 5:26).

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods. And Thou shalt not steal.
Yep,and that includes their oil too.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Wait, so we are a theocracy now?
Nah, those who claim we were founded on Christian principles will clam up real quick when their pockets are brought in to play.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:53 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, those who claim we were founded on Christian principles will clam up real quick when their pockets are brought in to play.
Because they are, by and large, hypocrites. But any lefty who brings Jesus into policy is a hypocrite as well.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:17 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
it's pretty hard for me to believe that there's a politician in America today that even really knows who Jesus was,much less follows HIM.
*You must spread some reputation around before giving it to muleskinner again*

I don't think Jesus was either liberal or conservative. He paid his taxes, but he was apolitical. But the right wingers here shouldn't get so sanctimonious about liberals invoking Jesus when they use the Lord to back up every ungodly policy they happen to support--and yes, some of them are ungodly in the truest sense of the term.

I'm an evangelical who happens to be a liberal, but I know many great Christians who are conservatives--somehow they work that out. Don't ask me how. Personally, I can't reconcile American right wing politics with the Gospel. Because as I look at both, I see that they have nothing at all to do with each other. But that's me. Thankfully Jesus never said to flash your Republican/Democratic Party membership card before you can come into heaven.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
*You must spread some reputation around before giving it to muleskinner again*

I don't think Jesus was either liberal or conservative. He paid his taxes, but he was apolitical. But the right wingers here shouldn't get so sanctimonious about liberals invoking Jesus when they use the Lord to back up every ungodly policy they happen to support--and yes, some of them are ungodly in the truest sense of the term.

I'm an evangelical who happens to be a liberal, but I know many great Christians who are conservatives--somehow they work that out. Don't ask me how. Personally, I can't reconcile American right wing politics with the Gospel. Because as I look at both, I see that they have nothing at all to do with each other. But that's me. Thankfully Jesus never said to flash your Republican/Democratic Party membership card before you can come into heaven.
+1...same here,I'm a struggling to keep my mouth in check every day(reviler perhaps?) Pentecostal and I'm a liberal in the sense that "it ain't my business what others do"...hence the freewill "clause" in the Bible.

Guys like Perry,Santorum et al sicken me as does anyone who wears their "religion"(not followers of Christ) on their sleeves for monetary or power gains..in my deepest beliefs it will cost them dearly in the long run...that goes for Dems/Repubs or anyone who invokes Christ's name to advance THEIR agenda or cause...I can't really imagine Jesus picketing an abortion clinic while wearing a "All F;ags Should Die" T-shirt.

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,425 times
Default Megalomanical much?

"For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required." Luke 12:48

This is the second time (that I'm aware of) that Obama has quoted this verse of Scripture--in the State of the Union address and at the prayer breakfast--to justify raising taxes on the wealthy. I can only assume that, in so doing, Obama considers himself equal to God. Because it's quite clear that Jesus, in this passage of Scripture, was referring to God's blessings and how God expects a person to use those blessings in a way that glorifies God. In other words God is the agent in both the giving and the expecting.

But Obama appropriates this verse and makes himself the giver and the expecter. In his telling the wealthy (however you choose to define that term) did not earn their wealth or come by it honestly. It was given to them. And because it was given to them the giver has a right to expect them to return it to the giver in whatever amount he determines to be "fair."

At the moment "fair" is 30%. Obama the Giver might at a later date decide "fair" is 50% or more. That's his preogative as the Expecter. That's pretty heady stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies