Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:16 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Read your quote more slowly. 1+1 does equal 2 no matter how much you try to pretend it doesn't.....
That's much not a explanation, as to where in his words in the o/p, does he say, Jesus would back his tax policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 05:22 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

.......I think we all live by the Golden Rule---it's the Dems who are into class warfare and saying some are not giving as much as they should.
So Democrats are of one class, and Republicans another. That's news for many on both sides.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:41 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." - Mark 10:25
"do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth" - Matthew 6:19
"You cannot serve both God and Money" - Matthew 6:24
"woe to you who are rich." - Luke 6:24

Yeah, Jesus kind of would.

Don't push that BS Obama is a secret Muslim, that's just tin foil hilarity now.
Try reading the context of each of those. Critical reading seems to be a lost skill these days. /sigh

Old 02-04-2012, 08:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I wonder if Allah would be pleased by this......

Obama: Jesus would back my tax-the-rich policy - Feb. 2, 2012
I wouldn't expect you to read his speech, but the next sentence is---

"It mirrors the Islamic belief that those who’ve been blessed have an obligation to use those blessings to help others, or the Jewish doctrine of moderation and consideration for others."
------------------------------
The important parts of his speech mirror this ---

"We can’t leave our values at the door. If we leave our values at the door, we abandon much of the moral glue that has held our nation together for centuries, and allowed us to become somewhat more perfect a union... the majority of great reformers in American history did their work ... because their faith and their values dictated it, and called for bold action -- sometimes in the face of indifference, sometimes in the face of resistance.
This is no different today for millions of Americans, and it’s certainly not for me."

Notice he doesn't say 'non-religious' values or secular values. Obama's supporters In General are hostile to people with values derived from religion, particularly conservative Christians. Those people are supposed to leave values at the door because they're not in tune with the left political agenda.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:19 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,402,456 times
If Jesus came back tomorrow, I'm sure he'd be horrified by what he'd see...how human greed has caused so many problems both to the human race and to the environment.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:34 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Didn't Obama skip all the Prayer Breakfasts in the past and didn't say much when people wondered about it? Oh that's right, this year he has an agenda to push.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
If Jesus came back tomorrow, I'm sure he'd be horrified by what he'd see...how human greed has caused so many problems both to the human race and to the environment.
Jesus doesn't need to come back to see---He sees everything now.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,402,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Jesus doesn't need to come back to see---He sees everything now.
Poor bloke must be horrified and must think "I got nailed to a cross and executed for THESE idiots?".

Old 02-04-2012, 10:09 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I 100% believe that he sees it as it's happening.

I blame politicians,Govts and corporations for the way the world is...most people just want to get along and go on about their daily affairs(although you do have a lot of me,me,me and more,more,more types) without bothering anyone or damaging anything...that can't be said about the others.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
MULEskinner..perhaps you should look that up..

And your point is WHAT on drilling in the U.S.A.? I guess you've never been to Tx,Ok,La,Il,Oh,In,Wy etc have ya...There are rigs running everywhere.
I meant, as your only form of transporation. We're not in the ME for the people's security. As the left doesn't allow us to produce oil, our children are sent to war for American transportation.

I'm sure you don't get your tons of hay by horse and wagon, or maybe you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies