Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 09:18 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Then keep being offensive to many breast cancer survivors - particularly male breast cancer survivors. Your choice.

Also, that Snuggie probably is made out of materials that are proven cancerous, as are MOST Komen supported marketing endeavors. Pink KFC, anyone?

Not to mention how utterly traumatic October is for many of my breast cancer survivor friends. Can you imagine what it feels like to walk into a store to be surrounded by reminders of your fight (or two, three, even four fights) with breast cancer? My aunt cannot leave her home for the month of October because of the trauma.

Think Before You Pink » Before You Buy Pink
You are offensive.

My mom and aunt both loved seeing the reminder of the huge community support when the pink was in full bloom. To each her own.

Still will enjoy my snuggie! Made of canerous materials you say.....provide a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Whatever. a close friend whom is a huge committee member for the race in my area said things are better than ever currently for the foundation. A few opinionated people getting angry because of planned parenthood is not going to hurt this organization at all.

I will work even more hard, and encourage all of my family and friends to do the same, to overcome the ridiculous and petty backlash from a pathetic few.
It's more than just a few and the backlash could be huge. Facebook alone has enormous support for PP. Even on the Komen website the messages boards have more against them than supporting their decision.

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Think Before You Pink

What perturbs me about SGK is how much time and money ($1 million, I read) suing other organizations for the words "for the cure" in their titles. Like "Kites for a Cure", "Par for the Cure", "Cupcakes for the Cure". Shouldn't they be more interested in their mission to work toward a cure for breast cancer than in defending a trademark they adopted in 2007? Any variation of "for the cure" will generate a cease and desist letter, and then a lawsuit.

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Donors reacting to the Susan G. Komen Foundation’s decision to cut off funding to Planned Parenthood contributed $650,000 in 24 hours, nearly enough to replace last year’s Komen funding, Planned Parenthood executives said Wednesday.

The organization had raised more than $400,000 from more than 6,000 online donors as of Wednesday afternoon, compared with the 100 to 200 donations it receives on an average day

Planned Parenthood says Komen decision causes donation spike - The Washington Post

Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
LOL you have no clue...get out of Taliban land and you will see the backlash this news is resulting in.
Why don't you get out of the liberal land of fruits and nuts.

The backlash is coming froma few libbies whom are upset about planned parenthood.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:22 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Worth mentioning is the fact that not all chapters of SGK are supporting the defunding of PP. The Connecticut and Denvo Metro chapters are refusing to defund their local PP's. They are worth supporting in their dedication to their real mission, breast cancer detection and treatment.

I suspect we will see more chapters following suit.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,172,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Disgusting, the foundation and Republicans should be ashamed of themselves. Putting politics above the health of woman is immoral and outrageous.

Why? I don't donate to entities that are under investigation either. As for the republicans, senators and congressmen and women often investigate issues. Aren't they supposed to do such things?

Old 02-02-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Think Before You Pink

What perturbs me about SGK is how much time and money ($1 million, I read) suing other organizations for the words "for the cure" in their titles. Like "Kites for a Cure", "Par for the Cure", "Cupcakes for the Cure". Shouldn't they be more interested in their mission to work toward a cure for breast cancer than in defending a trademark they adopted in 2007? Any variation of "for the cure" will generate a cease and desist letter, and then a lawsuit.
Ridiculous. SGK has a right to defend their trademark, as does ( and should) any successful business and/ or foundation. This is yet another lefttie way of thinking.....cry the blues about any organization with the audacity to become successful. Heaven forbid a business is profitable!

A huge basis for any foundation/business success is branding and marketing. Once that is established, it is irresponsible not to protect that. It is easy to wax poetic and spew misinformation when you have never owned your own business nor been responsible for establishing and promoting one to ensure success.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I love the right to lifers, who preach that life begins at conception, yet their responsibility ends at birth.

Fine, stand in a birthing room with a catchers mitt and raise the unwanted kid yourself. THAT my friend would be dedication.
Have you heard of adopting, or taking precautions to not get pregnant. You do know, some women have more than one abortion, in their life time. I've heard of some women having at least 6 by age 30. Makes one wonder, why someone would put their bodies through this. In case of the womens life or rape, that is different.

Like to know how many of you that support a women's right to abortion, have laid on that table having this procedure done. Sure not may of you will answer that question.

If they're providing cancer screening then they should continue. Seems they won't be giving up abortions, just the other services provide.

This time LA fact-checked CEO Cecile Richards’ recent claim on the Joy Behar Show that if PP is defunded “millions of women in this country are going to lose their health care access, not to abortion services, to basic family planning – you know, mammograms, cancer screenings, cervical cancer.”
Wait, mammograms?
No. An LA actor called 30 PPs in 27 states to always get the same answer: No mammograms here.
New Live Action sting: CEO lies – Planned Parenthood does not perform mammograms - Jill Stanek

So abortions will continue......................Lies are Lies

Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Why? I don't donate to entities that are under investigation either. As for the republicans, senators and congressmen and women often investigate issues. Aren't they supposed to do such things?
You are talking too rational for a leftie to understand.

Not to mention the fact that there have been questionable financial issues with planned parenthood and supposedly 'settled' lawsuits in new York and California. I heard this information via an interview on tv with the republican congressman whom instigated the investigation.

This intent to constantly harm and demonize any business or group whom does not subscribe to the liberal ideology is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies