Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 08:28 PM

555 posts, read 877,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How bitterly ironic to play the race card when a huge number of the abortions are actually black babies and some activists claim that the push for abortion is tantamount to black genocide.
Yes, that's what the Reverend Jackson thought back in the sixties before it became politically correct to be "pro-choice."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It really is sad when people comment about things they obviously know absolutely nothing about.
Don't be so sure. I was there, when Planned Parent hood started. I know exactly, what they use to do and stand for.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Screening != treatment. That's what referrals are for.
Then, if they're doing what their suppose to be doing, wonder why they would be under investigation??

Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Then, if they're doing what their suppose to be doing, wonder why they would be under investigation??
It's a nuisance investigation. See my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Don't be so sure. I was there, when Planned Parent hood started. I know exactly, what they use to do and stand for.
Really? You were there, as an adult, in 1916? That makes you what, at least 112 years old now.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/abo...-successes.htm

Old 02-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you DO need more, here it is:

Susan G. Komen charity throws Planned Parenthood under the bus.

Komen claims that their reason is that Planned Parenthood is under investigation from Congress, but as it's well-understood on both the left and the right that the investigation, headed by Rep. Cliff Stearns, is a nuisance investigation that will almost surely turn up nothing, this excuse sounds lame indeed. The likelier explanation is the one offered by Planned Parenthood, that Komen caved under relentless pressure from anti-choice activists who oppose Planned Parenthood for offering abortions as well as low-cost contraception and STD prevention and treatment. In addition, Komen has a history of not playing nice with other women's health organizations.
If this was a good thing, why would anyone like the Komen Foundation cave, such Liberal garbage. Funny how you people are believing PP when they've been seedy for years.

This was in your article...........Most of Planned Parenthood's services are related to the choice to be sexually active---contraception, STD screening and treatment, cervical cancer screening---making it easy to write off those services as unnecessary if you follow the strict abstinence-only prescription the Christian right has for women.

If Christians are completely against sex, why do Mormons and Catholics, have so, many children. Their not against sex, it's the act of abortion that this group provides.

Girl's can go in as young as 15, possibly younger, and have an abortion done, without anyone in her family, knowing she is there. How would you like to know, your daughter was having an abortion without you knowing where she was? What if she died from it? They tell you, you don't have to tell your parents.

People's choice's, shouldn't cost the taxpayer and if the Komen Foundation chooses to defund, that is their choice also.

By the way, I hate PINK!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
^^"You people", LOL! Talk about stereotyping people you have never met!

So married women should remain abstinent? Is PP only for unmarried women?

I'm going to bed!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's a nuisance investigation. See my previous post.

Really? You were there, as an adult, in 1916? That makes you what, at least 112 years old now.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/abo...-successes.htm
Well, okay more like when they were going strong in the 70's, they started getting funded and setting up clinics in college towns around 1967, by 1975 they were in full swing, at least in California. Even the small town I lived in had a clinic, we had less than, 1000 people at the time.

We'll see if it's a nuisance investigation. The part that a child can go, an have an abortion without anyone knowing that they're there, is disturbing. It's the confidence of the clinic, if they would discuss options first, that would help. But, there wouldn't be much money, if the abortions stopped, now would there?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Nobody wants to stop abortions. It's all talk. A year without abortions and even the most rabid prolifer would be whining about it.

PP will be fine. It's not that much money in the big scheme of things. They will make it up.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Why else would a breast cancer charity withdraw support from an agency that provides breast cancer screenings?
Most conservatives think of PP as an "abortion mill," where women ONLY go to abort their babies... I'm guessing the naysayers are mostly men, and/or women who've never set foot in a PP clinic. Too bad they'll lose funding for everything else they do for women, like providing breast cancer screening, free & low-cost birth control, gynecological exams, STD prevention and awareness, etc. What a crock of you-know-what.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
I had no idea the two groups were intertwined.

Planned Parenthood facilities GIVE mammograms? Have the equipment and a radiologist on site?

If not ... Komen is about breast health/breast cancer. If the funding from Komen is going to stop PP folks/employees from teaching women how to give self-breast exams or referring them to some other "place" that will give them a mammogram...that's on PP.

How MUCH could that possibly cost?

Fill me in. I don't know and I'm admitting that I don't know.

Last edited by Informed Info; 02-01-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies