Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:43 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
If Obama were a "good man" he wouldn't call Special Olympics kids "retarded" on national TV.
Nice how you have to lie in order to attack the president. What he actually said wasn't particularly PC, but he didn't call Special Olympics kids retarded on national TV, at all. That's just something you made up.

Now onto something more factual...

Quote:
1. He caved to right wing interests and never bargained seriously for single payer, or to cut the costs of healthcare. The only thing of good that came from the health care bill was 15 million more poor are covered under medicare, and 15 million more are being responsible and buying their healthcare rather than dumping their needs on other premium payers. Also, college age kids are now covered. ...
True, he did cave. He should have started from single payer and compromised to public option, instead of starting at public option and quickly caving on that. Nonetheless, ACA did accomplish a lot and gave us a big push in the right direction. Probably the biggest thing that people ignored about the ACA is the requirement that 85% of premium dollars actually be used to provide medical care.

As for his foreign involvement, he did draw down in Iraq, in accordance with the status of forces agreement. Yes, he escalated Afghanistan, just like he said he would. Yes, he aided Libyan revolutionaries (and got zero Americans killed in the process, and didn't get us bogged down in a neverending war). I'm not sure how it's against their will when they asked for the assistance. Yes, he stepped up strikes in Pakistan. Yes, we're in Yemen, trying to keep the country from completely falling apart. And yes, a handful of military personnel are in central Africa to help advise and train the locals (not to fight themselves), in an attempt to stabilize a region that has suffered more than two decades of terrorism, rape, and slaughter at the hands of the Lord's Resistance Army.

I happen to disagree with his position on Afghanistan. Their government doesn't actually support the US mission there. They're unable to control more than a few blocks of Kabul, and probably couldn't even manage that without us there. We've been there for a decade and haven't managed to make any real progress bringing that country out of the stone age. As soon as we leave, it's going to go right back to being the Taliban-controlled hellscape that it was before we got there.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 02-26-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 11:46 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Here is mine:

Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
here is mine:

ha!

Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Nice how you have to lie in order to attack the president. What he actually said wasn't particularly PC, but he didn't call Special Olympics kids retarded on national TV, at all. That's just something you made up.

Now onto something more factual...

True, he did cave. He should have started from single payer and compromised to public option, instead of starting at public option and quickly caving on that. Nonetheless, ACA did accomplish a lot and gave us a big push in the right direction. Probably the biggest thing that people ignored about the ACA is the requirement that 85% of premium dollars actually be used to provide medical care.

As for his foreign involvement, he did draw down in Iraq, in accordance with the status of forces agreement. Yes, he escalated Afghanistan, just like he said he would. Yes, he aided Libyan revolutionaries (and got zero Americans killed in the process, and didn't get us bogged down in a neverending war). I'm not sure how it's against their will when they asked for the assistance. Yes, he stepped up strikes in Pakistan. Yes, we're in Yemen, trying to keep the country from completely falling apart. And yes, a handful of military personnel are in central Africa to help advise and train the locals (not to fight themselves), in an attempt to stabilize a region that has suffered more than two decades of terrorism, rape, and slaughter at the hands of the Lord's Resistance Army.

I happen to disagree with his position on Afghanistan. Their government doesn't actually support the US mission there. They're unable to control more than a few blocks of Kabul, and probably couldn't even manage that without us there. We've been there for a decade and haven't managed to make any real progress bringing that country out of the stone age. As soon as we leave, it's going to go right back to being the Taliban-controlled hellscape that it was before we got there.
Good post and factual..............

Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Reason 11 is that Obama is a good man (rare breed in today's politcians) and truly wants the best for America........ NOT the almighty big corps.
I concur!! He's the Man!

Signed,
Jeffrey Immelt

Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
It's only horse manure for the right wing nuts that are determined to keep America from moving into 2012. It is only horse manure for the Elitists here who still think that America should be run by segregation. It is only horse manure to the extremely gullable who are easily brainwashed by fear based biased media B/S.
To the free thinking American it is good sense and a bright future for every American Citizen.
There are only eight reasons as the camera cut off the last two.......... Duhhhh!
Reason 11 is that Obama is a good man (rare breed in today's politcians) and truly wants the best for America........ NOT the almighty big corps.
If he hated corporations as much as you do, he'd return all of their campaign donations. Right?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Good post and factual..............
Factual? I didn't see any facts presented. Aside for the "85%" requirement, all I saw were the poster's feelings that "Obama Is The Man." Not a single thing said there was substantiated, or even has much importance in the grand scheme.

It was a long-winded rant. Nothing more than that. It would be nice if the "facts" used to support Barack Obama had any temerity to them. Can we get liberals to come forth by some odd chance and help us out with these purportedly awesome things that Barack OBama has done?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:08 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Number One reason I despise Obama now -- he's apologizing to the fanatic Muslims while at the same time he's still sending our young men and women into Afghanistan. He's making it clear that Muslims can now slaughter the evil Americans -- yet he's the one sending them there.
Absolute Rubbish!
Obama did exactly what a good commander in chief should do... he apologised for a extremely damaging action by troops under his command. He aplogised to the legitimate Govt in Afghanistan and NOT to fanatic muslims. Obama knew he would take heat for aplogising but put our troops safety before his own polital needs. He has sent a clear message that he is the adult in the room.... once again.
It is extremely evil for him not to bring all our troops home immediately from the Middle East while he's supporting fanatic Islamics.
The Republicans have done nothing but criticize Obama for withdrawing our troops from Iraq and they will criticize him again when he gets our guys out of Afghanisan........... Bush got our guys killed for no reason (except oil and to revenge his dad's failure to get Saddam) and now Our President is bringing our troops home...........

Old 02-26-2012, 12:18 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Factual? I didn't see any facts presented. Aside for the "85%" requirement, all I saw were the poster's feelings that "Obama Is The Man."
So it's not a fact that we've stepped up our presence in Afghanistan? It's not a fact that we're doing more strikes in Pakistan? It's not a fact that we helped Libyan rebels? It's not a fact that we're in Yemen? It's not a fact that a handful of people are in central Africa to help them fight the LRA?

As for Obama being the man? That must be why I posted an entire paragraph about how his policy towards Afghanistan is a colossal mistake and any progress we do make will be undone as soon as we pull out.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Number One reason I despise Obama now -- he's apologizing to the fanatic Muslims while at the same time he's still sending our young men and women into Afghanistan. He's making it clear that Muslims can now slaughter the evil Americans -- yet he's the one sending them there.

It is extremely evil for him not to bring all our troops home immediately from the Middle East while he's supporting fanatic Islamics.
You know i agree with you. But save it, the wittle sheeple will be here in around 2 to tell you, how wrong you are, you musunderstood, etc. We heard it all before.

We know Obama is a Prince, who does not tell a lie, he keeps to the truth, about bringing the People together, going to be the most bi-partisian President we have ever known, blah blah and more garbage in and garbage out. Hope n' Change friggin NONESENSE!
Some of my frriends really into politics and very smart, can give you a whole weeks worth, have the time! of why you should vote Obama out.
They actually have way more then 10 reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies