Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
But to admit that is to admit that the whole thing was a disingenuous ploy by the Democrats and Fluke.
Nah, I was being facetious - the mental image of Rush Limbaugh with a line trailing from his mouth was entertaining. What started the entire debacle was a forgettable Congressional hearing, like hundreds of them before. The Right made it a pivotal element all on their own, and then the Democrats - heaven knows how they got that smart all of a sudden - added just the right amount of impetus. "Never interrupt an enemy who's making a mistake."

Quote:
In other words, as Ann Coulter likes to say, there are two parties: the evil party, and the stupid party.
Even if I disagree with that nomenclature, I must point out that the truly stupid are quite capable of doing stupid sh.t without anyone enticing them to do so. Sorry, but you're not going to claim victim status on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 07:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
This woman was used...by being denied an opportunity to speak at a Congressional hearing...by Republicans attempting to manipulate an issue.

If this is the case, then it's truly the latest evidence in the case for why Republican's should be outlawed from any position of authority or power for at least the next 25 years.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nah, I was being facetious - the mental image of Rush Limbaugh with a line trailing from his mouth was entertaining. What started the entire debacle was a forgettable Congressional hearing, like hundreds of them before. The Right made it a pivotal element all on their own, and then the Democrats - heaven knows how they got that smart all of a sudden - added just the right amount of impetus. "Never interrupt an enemy who's making a mistake."

Even if I disagree with that nomenclature, I must point out that the truly stupid are quite capable of doing stupid sh.t without anyone enticing them to do so. Sorry, but you're not going to claim victim status on this one.

jeez your post did not seem at all facetious, but whatever. You're right though, I'm not going to claim victim status. That ploy is the sole province of the left; I think they have it patented.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Limpblubber apologizes, sort of, to Sandra Fluke. I wonder how many of the sponsors thaqt left, will come back, Hmmm?

The Associated Press: Limbaugh apologizes to law student for insult

Old 03-04-2012, 06:27 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,839,018 times
Default Sandra Fluke A White House Plant In Contraceptive Controversy?

I am not into conspiracies but with this administration .. "Who needs Conspiracies"!?

This is only a snippet from the article .. the rest is at the link.

Quote:
At this stage of the game, it’s crystal clear that the Obama administration knows few limits when it comes to advancing it’s radical agenda.

Not only will the Obama White House freely manipulate the truth, but will even go so far as to ‘create’ it’s own version of reality, if necessary.

Enter Sandra Fluke.

Ms. Fluke, billed as a 23 yr old college ‘coed’, finds herself at the center of the new Obama rule that requires employers to offer health plans that include birth control coverage.

Democrat lawmakers had invited her to speak before the House Oversight and Government Reform hearing on religious liberty and the birth control rule earlier this month. *Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), rejected the invitation, saying she was unqualified to speak on the issue.

Fluke later testified at a mock hearing organized by the Democrats, in which she advocated for the new policy. A fairly determined effort to get her before Congress to point out to the country that her peers are going broke buying birth control – despite managing to come up with $46,000 a year for tuition at one of the pre-eminent law schools in the country.

Well, lo and behold, all is not as it appears to be.

Reports are circulating around the Internet that not only is Sandra Fluke not a 23 yr old ‘coed’ – she’s a 30 yr old women’s rights activist who has a B. S. degree in Policy Analysis & Management, as well as Feminist, Gender, & Sexuality Studies from Cornell University (2003) and has served as the President of Law Students for Reproductive Justice, and Vice President of the Women’s Legal Alliance.
» Sandra Fluke A White House Plant In Contraceptive Controversy?

Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Uh, yeah, someone needs to get to the bottom of this. Quickly. If true, it will be extremely damning to Barack Obama.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,350,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I am not into conspiracies but with this administration .. "Who needs Conspiracies"!?

This is only a snippet from the article .. the rest is at the link.

» Sandra Fluke A White House Plant In Contraceptive Controversy?
What would you expect from a site that is the brainchild of Tom Tillison and other Florida tea party activists.
It would only be news (of interest) if they disagreed with Rush.

Last edited by plannine; 03-04-2012 at 06:40 PM..

Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,747,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Difference is that Palin was and IS a public figure, previously on the Repub ticket for VPOTUS while
Sandra Fluke is a private citizen, politicians are fodder for comedians like Maher.
A private citizen who testified before a House Democratic panel in support of the HHS contraception mandate.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 PM

308 posts, read 518,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Agenda bias.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,962,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
There is no difference in anything while using the C word towards a woman. By your logic if Limbaugh called Hillary a dumb c, then that would be ok and nobody would need be upset.
Under libel law, there certainly is a difference. Actually, there is a HUGE difference.

And she goes to Georgetown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies