Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Do you really think the size of the device matters at all? Seriously, that's what you think people are objecting to?
Some of them do or at least they are using it as an excuse not to have one. One person I know of said she could hardly walk the next day. Really? I had one of those internal ultrasounds done for a female problem I had and I didn't find it uncomfortable at all and it didn't appear to be any bigger than a tampon. Maybe they come in different sizes? Oh dear, will that be considred to be crude humor again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 02:53 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I suggest you never go to a comedy club then. The humor they use in them is a lot more racier than that remark was. All of a sudden pro-choicers have turned prudish? Kind of a contradiction in terms, isn't it?
So you put your big girl pants on when you go to a comedy club, but take them off to post on City-Data?

Sorry, I wouldn't even care about remarks like this, except you spend an inordinate amount of time around here complaining about how you're insulted, offended and how liberals are just a bunch of meanies to you.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
That isn't what I read on a medical site. If you want me to post it I will try to find it again. It said the device was smaller than a tampon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I know someone who just had one and they said the same thing about the size.
Perhaps the size of the wand depends on the age of the equipment and the different manufacturers.

Regardless, the size isn't the point. Do we discuss the size of a rapist's penis when determining guilt?

Defense attorney: "Your honor, my client's penis is teeny weeny, so the rape wasn't really that bad."

Old 03-19-2012, 02:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
I suggest you never go to a comedy club then. The humor they use in them is a lot more racier than that remark was. All of a sudden pro-choicers have turned prudish? Kind of a contradiction in terms, isn't it?
I'm assuming you love dead baby jokes too!

Enjoy!

Sick Dead Baby Jokes

Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
1. Because they never have any.

2. They think women are nothing but cattle used for breeding purposes and are not supposed to enjoy sex( like Somalians who sexually assault their women by removing the clitoris.)

3. because if they ever do have sex the woman never comes back for seconds....it was too disappointing.

4. That's why some anti-choicers think abortion is OK if the woman is raped, if she didn't enjoy it then THAT abortion is different somehow.

5. conservatives seem to enjoy FORCE...and many women are not into it...
What a ridiculous smear of conservative Americans. I am no fan of Santorum but he has several children. Was it by immaculate conception because accoding to you conservatives get no sex?

Contrary to your lies, most conservatives don't treat their women in the way you describe either. But because you don't like their pro-life stance just smear away even if it's not true, right?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:02 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I know someone who just had one and they said the same thing about the size.
I JUST HAD ONE. I HELD IT IN MY HAND. For goodness' sakes, will you take someone's first person word for it. Arguing over the actual device is just disingenuous in the extreme.

Please give me one good reason why the use of this device is being promoted over the use of abdominal ultrasound? I had a baby 5 years ago and they didn't find it necessary to use this torturous thing for to make sure a fetus that was wanted was ok, so why use it to try and talk someone out of terminating, if not to make the entire experience even more awful than it already is?

Here's a link to the actual device, I won't post the picture because I'm sure diagrams of women's reproductive systems will give some people the vapors.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/images/ima...ultrasound.jpg

Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
You don't know much about sonograms, do you? it fits the legal definition of rape.
A medical device is a rape device? Pardon me while I howl in laughter! How do they do an abortion of they don't use a medical device that probe the vagina? FYI, I have had one of those internal sonograms and I never once felt violated. What a perverted thought! I guess every woman gets raped when she has her annual pap test then?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:05 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
A medical device is a rape device? Pardon me while I howl in laughter! How do they do an abortion of they don't use a medical device that probe the vagina? FYI, I have had one of those internal sonograms and I never once felt violated. What a perverted thought! I guess every woman gets raped when she has her annual pap test then?
You've had one, but you still insist it's the size of a tampon? Did you look at the link I provided?

Of course, if you did have one, it wasn't because you were forced to have it.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:07 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
The Justice Department defines rape as, "penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim,"

So the Justice Department definition is just a perverted thought?

Plain and simple. If it's not medically necessary and the woman doesn't want it, it is rape. Regardless of the size.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
So you put your big girl pants on when you go to a comedy club, but take them off to post on City-Data?

Sorry, I wouldn't even care about remarks like this, except you spend an inordinate amount of time around here complaining about how you're insulted, offended and how liberals are just a bunch of meanies to you.
What? Don't get you first remark at all. As I said, don't be insulting and I won't complain about it. It's' really that simple. What's wrong with civil debate? Those who have to resort to insults know they have lost the debate and never had an argument in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies