Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have never run for cover and I have no fear of answering any questions. My God, there are numerous posts in here to address and I do have a life in between you know. Where are the questions I supposedly didn't answer? They aren't in this post.

I thought that the joke someone made in here was a funny analogy. Sorry you have no sense of humor.
Look at post 487 again, i added the questions you have repeatedly hid from.....you're in here plenty....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I was being funny....

BUT OBVIOUSLY

YOU have NO sense of humor
Sure you were. I wasn't born yesterday you know. I know when something is said to be humorous and when it is meant to smear someone.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Look at post 487 again, i added the questions you have repeatedly hid from.....you're in here plenty....
I will look at them again. I have never hid from them. Why should I? I am trying to address umpteen posts by umpteen people in here for God's sake between trying to cook dinner. Oh, I guess that means I am browbeaten by a man cooking my husband's dinner?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Sure you were. I wasn't born yesterday you know.""""

""""" I know when something is said to be humorous and when it is meant to smear someone.
But you still don't know what a simple English word, "force" , means

And if you took my other post as a smear....GOOD! Lots of it was true!

Now, got enough backbone to answer the questions you keep running from??

Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM

836 posts, read 1,779,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No it isn't. I was in the hospital about 6 weeks ago for lower abdomen pain, and in the course of looking for a diagnosis I had a very thorough TV ultrasound. I can assure you the size is nowhere NEAR the size of a tampon, it's way bigger than that.
Quote:
... it's an awfully invasive and weird thing to have someone you don't know move a device the size of a decent sex toy around in there so they can get a good view. It went on for 20 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I already tried to point this out way upthread; however, I'm sure that this poster has me on ignore because, well, it was ignored.
It was a pretty decent sized device. I had a female technician and she inserted it herself. I really think she should have at least bought me dinner when it was over with.
Sorry, I just wanted to copy so that chicagonut will have more chances to see it So, no more talk about sizes
Apparently, they DO come in different sizes, as do females organs... so that affect might vary. I don't think it's wise to use a "size no bigger then a tampon" and "do different then annual pap-smear" (because it's optional) as an argument

Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I will look at them again. I have never hid from them. Why should I? I am trying to address umpteen posts by umpteen people in here for God's sake between trying to cook dinner. Oh, I guess that means I am browbeaten by a man cooking my husband's dinner?
Are you?.....NO one but you mentioned it.

Where's the answers, oh busy one???

Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I JUST HAD ONE. I HELD IT IN MY HAND. For goodness' sakes, will you take someone's first person word for it. Arguing over the actual device is just disingenuous in the extreme.

Please give me one good reason why the use of this device is being promoted over the use of abdominal ultrasound? I had a baby 5 years ago and they didn't find it necessary to use this torturous thing for to make sure a fetus that was wanted was ok, so why use it to try and talk someone out of terminating, if not to make the entire experience even more awful than it already is?

Here's a link to the actual device, I won't post the picture because I'm sure diagrams of women's reproductive systems will give some people the vapors.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/images/ima...ultrasound.jpg
Tortutous thing? Even the picture shows it as being smaller than a man's penis and not much different than the size of a tampon. It is being promoted over an abdominal ultrasound because the internal one is much more accurate and gives much more information for a doctor to work with.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Tortutous thing? It is being promoted over an abdominal ultrasound because the internal one is much more accurate and gives much more information for a doctor to work with.

But shouldn't that be up to the doctor? It always has been. If the doctor needed more information to do his job, he has all the freedom in the world to use this test.

Why do you think it is okay for the state to order this test. Do you think the state believes that the doctors are incompetent and need to be told what to do? Do you think the state believes that the doctors don't know about the transvaginal ultrasound option?

Why do YOU believe the state has the right to order a medical procedure?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I'm assuming you love dead baby jokes too!

Enjoy!

Sick Dead Baby Jokes
No, you'd be wrong especially since I am a pro-lifer. You are also being insulting to make such a statement!

Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 PM

I am done with all the insults in here "for good". None of you pro-choicers want to debate civily and that is all I am looking for. Knock yourselves out high fiving each other!!! As I said before find yourselves another whipping post. I am outa here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies