Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:55 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I don't even know what you're trying to say here. If you really don't believe me or the ATF site, call up the local branch of the ATF and ask them if it's legal for people Age 18, 19 and 20 to have handguns under federal law. I really dislike false info. being put out on gun laws. I had an FFL in the past, I know these laws inside and out. An FFL can't sell handguns to anyone under 21, but people age 18 to 21 can have handguns acquired otherwise (private sales, etc.). It's a bizarre quirk in the law, but it is what it is.
My old man used to be an FFL too. That's why the BATF scares me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Dad was a Saint and always followed the laws to the letter. Some other saps over the years got careless, stupid, greedy and BUSTED!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Come on man, you should also know better than to call over the phone to get info too. You better get a written OK with the Agent's name, ID number, time, date and signature FAXed to you.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:01 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Sounds like a bad law. No permit required to own and carry a hand gun?
Depends on the state, Virginia is an open carry state. You can buy a handgun, strap it to your belt, and walk down the street. No permit required.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Hmmmm. I thought it was Obama who was coming get your guns.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Republican Gov. Dennis Daugaard vetoed a bill Friday that would have allowed any South Dakota resident 18 and older with a valid state driver's license to carry a concealed handgun without having to obtain a permit…..

….Daugaard said the state's permitting laws are already "fair and reasonable."….

S.D. governor vetoes concealed handgun bill
You are confused. Its a conceal carry law WITHOUT A PERMIT:not anyone coming to take their handguns. Its quite the opposite i change from what l;iberals want in having passed to the governor in the first place.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:05 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So this gov is opposed to concealed carry w/o permit (or at least this version of it). O

But, isn't that gun control?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Come on man, you should also know better than to call over the phone to get info too. You better get a written OK with the Agent's name, ID number, time, date and signature FAXed to you.
We're not talking about getting an NFA/non-NFA classification here, but if you want, get the written response. It's 18 to own a handgun except under the exceptions listed for those under 18. 21 to buy one from an FFL.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Hmmmm. I thought it was Obama who was coming get your guns.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Republican Gov. Dennis Daugaard vetoed a bill Friday that would have allowed any South Dakota resident 18 and older with a valid state driver's license to carry a concealed handgun without having to obtain a permit…..

….Daugaard said the state's permitting laws are already "fair and reasonable."….

S.D. governor vetoes concealed handgun bill
So you agree that anyone with a valid Drivers license should be-able to carry concealed? So, people who are convicted felon (yes at age 18) can carry concealed....

The 2 amendment people are not commenting because the GOV was right...

Sorry you can not see that....

Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you agree that anyone with a valid Drivers license should be-able to carry concealed? So, people who are convicted felon (yes at age 18) can carry concealed....

The 2 amendment people are not commenting because the GOV was right...

Sorry you can not see that....
Yeah, because Vermont is overrun with violent felons carrying concealed and there's blood flowing in the streets.

VT, AZ, AK, and WY allow concealed carry with no permit. No issues. A felon isn't going to obey a law against carrying without a permit while breaking laws against burglary or such.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
But, isn't that gun control?
respond to my post, then I'll respond to yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies