Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 09:11 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Actually it is this amendment that prevents his arrest.
"Probable cause" is the threshold. A perpetrator with a gun, conflicting eyewitness testimony, and a dead, unarmed victim is probable cause for an arrest.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:14 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Default Witnesses say Trayvon attacked Zimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Here was Obama's response: Obama: 'If I had a son, he would look like' Trayvon Martin - chicagotribune.com

I thought it was great. To me, it demonstrates a huge difference between Obama and Romney which is that Obama at least can appear to be in touch with the average American while Romney has difficulty doing this.
True, Obama played to his black base in saying this teen who attacked Zimmerman looked like what his child would.
For a President to do more than give condolences and express confidence in the justice system is wrong.

Witness or witnesses state Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon who was on top of Zimmerman as he was screaming and asking for help as recorded on 9-11 calls.
Zimmerman's physical evidence from the incident totally matches what witnesses saw.

Zimmerman's statement says Trayvon ran off and as Zimmerman went back to the car Trayvon came out from nowhere to jump him and start beating him up.
Trayvon was beating Zimmerman up near the porch of a witness to the event.

Meanwhile the New Black Panther racists have wanted posters and race baiters like Jesses Jackson is eating this up.
Look for this to be manipulated into riots despite the facts at hand.

They need to make public if this teen had any record being he is now dead, attacked someone and the information will be pertinent to this case IMO.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:15 AM

613 posts, read 760,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What Annie says is true that people are judged by what you wear. I don't think she would fit the hard core racist profile. You're judging by what she and I wrote, like we might judge about how you dress.

People do judge potential enemies, it's a survival instinct we've all inherited from the caveman.
Yes, people are indeed judged by their attire. It is just that where I see a typical high school student, you both seem to see a dangerous criminal.

My neighbor’s child is always wearing big pants, gold chains, sideways hat, wife-beater style shirt, and when it is chilly he wears a hooded sweatshirt. Am I in danger?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,677,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
...If I were the neighbor of some of the lefties on here, I would have the sign on my lawn, "I believe in the 2nd amendment....this family to my left does not!"

Who would be robbed first?

I would maybe word the sign, "I have guns....this family to my left does not".

How many street thugs know what the 2nd Amendment is?
I'd bet not many.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Default Anyone hear about the witness or witnesses regarding Zimmerman?

I guess they saw Zimmerman (who is from a family of Hispanic and Black people) being attacked, screaming for help and yelling in pain. It was Zimmerman's voice on the 911 call.

All the phyisical evidence seemed to match what Zimmerman and the witness or witnesses said and that is why he wasn't arrested at this point.

Supposedy Zimmerman said Trayvon had run off, he went back to the car and Trayvon had jumped him.

Anyway, this explains why there was no arrest yet and some may not get the desired outcome in this case.

I think I read Jackson is out there fanning the flames, the New Black Panthers have a dead or alive poster on Zimmerman.

This is not a good situation.

Trayvon was on suspension from school at the time of his death, broke the nose of Zimmerman and cut open his head before Zimmerman shot him.

Does Trayvon have a Juvy record?
What was this teen doing out buying skittles at 2AM as a minor far from his home while being out suspended from school?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
No.

The Florida self-defense statute is a "reasonableness" standard. That means it's an objective standard. Here's what the statute says:

After the presentation of all evidence and testimony, a jury will be asked, "Would most people in Zimmerman's shoes have believed that lethal force was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm?" Is it possible that a jury could acquit him? Of course. Is it likely that a jury will find his actions "reasonable," thus bringing him within the scope of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. I doubt it.

And if the DOJ goes pursues the case, then the Florida statute means nothing since a federal statute ALWAYS trumps a state statute.
The Feds cannot bring charges of murder, only the hate crime charge. Which is flimsy to nonexistent.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
I haven't seen anything stating he was out @ 2am or anything extensive on the witness accounts...

Old 03-24-2012, 09:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
"Probable cause" is the threshold. A perpetrator with a gun, conflicting eyewitness testimony, and a dead, unarmed victim is probable cause for an arrest.
Under Fl. law the police can't arrest a person for using deadly force under syg unless it determines there's probable cause that the force used was unlawful. Whether police received conflicting testimony at the time is debateable. Even if they did, they'd need probable cause to Not Believe gz's account in order to arrest him.

I doubt gz with gun, tm without weapon, is adequate probable cause to arrest.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:32 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Nope, the burden is on the state to substantiate the charges to induce an arrest. Conflicting testimony, injuries that substantiate the self-defense claims of the shooter prevents an arrest.

A statement to this effect has just been released by the Sanford Police Dept. Zimmerman will not be charged, although he maybe indicted come April 10 when a grand jury is convened.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
]My neighbor’s child is always wearing big pants, gold chains, sideways hat, wife-beater style shirt, and when it is chilly he wears a hooded sweatshirt. Am I in danger?
It depends. Your neighbor's child may simply need a good shake.
Or, you might have a druggie on your hands if he's so out of it, that
he's still wearing that (so on the out now) you'll have to call the .....police, fashion police that is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies