Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think the Beer Summit sums up why Obama won't weigh in on the Martin case.

As much as I dislike the President, i'm 100% convinced that he's personally embarrassed for his actions involving the black professor and white police officer, including the initial comment as well as the public beer party he had in the back yard of the White House. I'd bet a million dollars that he himself winces when he thinks back to that rookie mistake and how he handled it.

He's staying away from the Martin case. That's my take on it.
You "clearly know" the man.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
[quote=sickofnyc;23533314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Too bad that the police department has none of the forensic eveidence to offer up to the "professionals" to make the "determination" easier to get to. You don't seem to find that a bit odd...do you?
You don't find it odd that Holder's minions are desperate to charge this guy with a hate crime, have been down there a week and have come up empty? This case is weak. Sometimes a tragedy isn't a violation of the law. This maybe one of those cases.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
If a dude is on top of you pounding your face and head into the sidewalk.....would you say something like...

"Hey, man up, the dude had a bag of SKITTLES in his pocket"

Nobody has yet to answer why the candy is significant in this story. It's being used as a bludgeon. Just like the constant posting of the dudes grammar school pictures.
I guess folks are only allowed to defend themselves with deadly force if someone pull out a knife or gun. Fists can be deadly and life altering. There have been numerous stories where folks have been killed with nothing but fists. A few weeks ago an 11 year old girl was killed in a school yard fight. I doubt her fellow combatant weighed more than 100lbs yet was able to kill the girl.

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You don't think he's going to pass up a chance to pander to his people do you?
"His people"? I didn`t know we were on teams.

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Zimmerman is now an afterthought in my mind.
If the cops let him walk ---Someone will get him
If he goes to Jail--- Someone will get him

My main focus now is the coverup from the responding cops all the way up to the States Attorney. This is now my concern. Allowing them to cover this up in this manner sets precedence and allows for this to happen again and again. Clearly SYG does not apply to Zimmerman but they are WILLFULLY IGNORING EVIDENCE to cover for Zimmerman....

I want all Law Enforcement involved heads on a stick!!!!
There is no cover up, get the tin foil hat off.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
"His people"? I didn`t know we were on teams.
95% of black voters voted for him. I think that pretty clearly constitutes a "team."

Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I think others have answered the first question already (thanks LML and Evanstar). To answer your second question, if they were black and did the same thing, I would not believe them. If everything here was reversed and the person killed were white and the police department were mostly black and had a history if issues with whites, would you believe them?
I think it was more the police having problems with criminal blacks. Some how I think you would be more prone to believe the black cop. I see it in this thread, blacks giving blacks the hi five evry time a comment is made they agree with. Nice brotherhood you have here.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,293,801 times
The issue at hand here is why Zimmerman followed this young man in the first place. Lets say you were being followed by someone who had at least 70 lbs on you and you know for a fact you were not doing anything illegal....would you not be annoyed? Also did Trayvon not have the right to self defense himself?

Not one shred of evidence points towards Trayvon seeking out Mr. Zimmerman, if he had heeded the Police Dispatchers advice to "stay away" and allowed the Police to do their job, none of this would have happened.

Also why are people ignoring that even Republican Lawmakers in Florida who sponsored this law are saying it does not apply to George Zimmerman (Florida lawmakers behind Stand Your Ground law says it does not apply to George Zimmerman | GantDaily.com)

Anyone who says that this is self defense is in complete denial.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
If a dude is on top of you pounding your face and head into the sidewalk.....would you say something like...
Why was the guy pounding Zimmerman's face and head into a sidewalk? Because Zimmerman started a fight with him! When you start fights, there is a chance that the person you started the fight with could get the upper hand.

Quote:
Nobody has yet to answer why the candy is significant in this story. It's being used as a bludgeon. Just like the constant posting of the dudes grammar school pictures.
It's significant because that was what Martin had on him when he was killed. No knife. No gun. Tea, and Skittles.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:26 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:

Hey!! This young man was suspended from school (at one time) and THAT is very significant in this case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies