Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 11:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Oh, yes, I remember Mr. Ferguson with his brown suit and speaking of himself in the third person throughout his trial. The man was creepy, and should never have been able to buy a gun. We watched the whole trial.
Didn't Jared Loughner get his Glock 19 in a Tucson gun store?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:20 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Didn't Jared Loughner get his Glock 19 in a Tucson gun store?
I believe he did. Now, I'm not sure how official his psychiatric problems were before he bought the gun, but he should certainly have been barred from owning any type of firearm, according to Arizona law. However, Gov. Brewer's administration has been pretty far behind in updating the records, as I understand it. They have uteruses to monitor, you know. Oh, and all those random headless bodies in the desert. But, no, the mentally ill are not supposed to be able to purchase guns in a shop - though they could easily buy from a private seller.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
He doesn't think that "race" applies to him. He believes that he is walking around with some sort of "blackness invisibility cloak". And with this "blackness invisibility cloak" he believes that he can walk into Anytown US and have Johnny Reb, Bubba and Cooter embrace him as their own. He's invincible in his "blackness invisibility cloak".
lol I gotta use that one on some folks I know

Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Sorry I think you missed the sarcasm. There won't be a photo of the murder scene if the evidence wasn't gathered. Will there? Where's Zimmermans breathalyzer result? Empty file. Empty pages. Just a whole lot of glad handing with the perpetrator. I wish cops across the nation were screaming their heads off too. They ought to. I'm not kidding. I can already hear my long gone Irish flatfoot uncle screaming his head off from the grave. He had Tammany hall to fight. His life was never safe saying yes to that fight but he stood up anyway.
These 'men' aren't men. They're soulless zombies in love with golden calves.

No, I knew there would be no pictures linked, as his photos are either as a boy or young teen, and he was slender. The Sanford PD was in collusion with Zimmerman from the moment they arrived at the scene. I'm frankly surprised that they didn't have a drop gun or some drugs to plant on the dead child. The crime scene is gone, Zimmerman's clothes are gone, and there was no interrogation; they just took George (described on the police report as "white") at his word. They made no attempt to find the family for 3 days, even though they had Trayvon's phone. Those parents will never have their son come home. No drug or alcohol tests done on the
shooter, but performed them on the lifeless teen. Logical? Hardly. It's like Jack the Ripper...how will we know what happened? Too many don't want
to know. Law Enforcement is silent, religious leaders are silent and the RW
is more interested in twisting the facts like pretzels than in calling for
justice for this grieving family. I'm growing tired of crying for our dead
children, our dead mothers, wives, daughters and sons, cut down before
they've had a chance to know much of life, liberty or the pursuit of
happiness. This society has precious little regard for the lives of the poor,
the young, the elderly, the GLBT people, females in general, the disabled,
ethnic groups, veterans, the homeless or any other unfortunate ones.
You cannot worship both God and Mammon.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I disagree strongly that this florida law is moot. It gave ignorance a license to expand that 'self defense' clause to what the self defense clause never said, never intended, and even his claim of basic self defense is utter BS. If the evidence were properly I'd venture to guess there's a strong chance he'd be facing the death penalty.

Note-- this defense in your last sentence; it's a defense of his ego BS, not his person. Not anything real. It's a projection of his own retardation running amok. The soldier in Afghanistan deserves clemency for going berzerk from sustained mental anguish/ PTSD for a decade. This guy-- no way!

THAT is by DESIGN. Stop lying to yourself.

Another troll, as if we haven't enough of them. It is yourself ignoring every fact pertinent to THIS case. You're willing to throw Trayvon under a bus to pay back OJ Simpson and whatever bad day you had with a black individual ever in your life. In other words, you're not willing to be an American. It's all about YOU.

If the narrative I have been reading is accurate, well, the white, racist, Neo-Nazi Zimmerman's dispatching of the Yute was self-defense.

I live in The United States Of Amerit**d, was born here. But I am so disgusted by this insane country.......I DO NOT consider myself an Amerit**d anymore.

I hope this country just falls apart......just disintegrates in a very rapid fashion.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:53 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You cannot worship both God and Mammon.
who is Mammon?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:54 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
I'll ask again, why do you refer to this person as a "yute"

Do you think it's witty or something?

Old 03-24-2012, 12:02 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,322,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This society has precious little regard for the lives of the poor, the young, the elderly, the GLBT people, females in general, the disabled, ethnic groups, veterans, the homeless or any other unfortunate ones. You cannot worship both God and Mammon.
Just curious, what do you call the $70 billion we spend on food stamps every year? Is $70 billion a "precious little" amount of money to you?

What about the almost $1 trillion we spend on Medicare and Medicaid each year? Are a trillion dollars a mere trifle to you?

I think you're severely disrespecting the charitable actions that our wealthy taxpayers bestow every year upon the less fortunate among us. Our country was VERY successful when none of these programs existed. They are not necessary to keep things moving. They are charity and nothing more. You should be thankful for them.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I believe he did. Now, I'm not sure how official his psychiatric problems were before he bought the gun, but he should certainly have been barred from owning any type of firearm, according to Arizona law. However, Gov. Brewer's administration has been pretty far behind in updating the records, as I understand it. They have uteruses to monitor, you know. Oh, and all those random headless bodies in the desert. But, no, the mentally ill are not supposed to be able to purchase guns in a shop - though they could easily buy from a private seller.
Just FYI, mentioning Loughner was a coincidence. I just noticed your "status" under your user name. In my previous post I made a typo and wrote sand crane instead of sandhill crane. I'm sure nobody noticed or cares. I've lived in FL for a long time, but I don't recall seeing them until a few years ago, so I guess it depends on the area. My neighborhood has many of these birds roaming around.

The reason I am mentioning this is because I was thinking of all the talk about gun laws. Florida Law prohibits feeding a sandhill crane. (except when injured) Although most wildlife shouldn't be fed for obvious reasons, especially alligators, there was a specific law passed in 2002 that states you can't feed sandhill cranes because they can become aggressive.

Think about it. You can "stand your ground" and shoot someone if you feel the least bit threatened, like maybe he's wearing a hoodie, but it is illegal to feed a migratory bird.

Yes, we are a nation of laws, very strange laws.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Aren't you latching on to Zimmerman;s criminal history? Besides this picture was taken when he was 12-14 do we have a more recent picture?

Why? Were you going to give him a job as a model? What good would a updated photo do but give you zimmerman apologist another reason for his punk azz to be afraid of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies