Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I mean really?

What about the gulf region, who's economy was devastated by BP?

Why do the obomba's almost always leave the states?
The President is from Hawaii! You want him to Vacation in the Gulf coast/ Redneck Riviera instead of the paradise that is Hawaii?
Any Questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I want something for nothing? We are discussing the Secret Service protecting Malia on a school trip out of the country. I DON'T want my money being used for that - how can you claim I want it and don't wish to pay for it? The persons who want it and don't want to pay for it are President Obama and President Bush - they should foot the bill for the Secret Service if their children go on a school trip out of the country. What part of that do you not understand?
Doth thou complained when the SS were with the drunk Bush girls when they were partying in Mexico?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Doth thou complained when the SS were with the drunk Bush girls when they were partying in Mexico?
Apparently, you can't read.
Quote:
The persons who want it and don't want to pay for it are President Obama and President Bush - they should foot the bill for the Secret Service if their children go on a school trip out of the country.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
No, what is it?

No, what is it?
It's a week off school in March or April. Lots of schools use that time to go on class trips to do service projects. A friend's 7th grader is going on one (service trip) next week.

It's a week off school in March or April. Lots of schools use that time to go on class trips to do service projects. A friend's 7th grader is going on one (service trip) next week.

The point is, the child is not ditching school to go on this trip, as the posters I was responding to implied, or outright stated.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

The point is, the child is not ditching school to go on this trip, as the posters I was responding to implied, or outright stated.
Thank you.

Thank you.

That clears things up!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Wasn't he vacationing in Hawaii not long ago? They've likely seen everywhere in the US. Anyone with a decent income has likely seen the best parts.

Have you been to Milan? Rome? London? Egypt? Tokyo? Australia? Michu Picchu? African plains? There are plenty of amazing places outside of the US and perhaps they want their kids to go see some. They're the parents. Their kids can do what they want.
Who pays for the travel? the gas etc? Take the kids all over the world when its on their dime.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Who pays for the travel? the gas etc? Take the kids all over the world when its on their dime.
Well said!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't jump to conclusions. I believe Barack and Michelle paid for the trip.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you shouldn't jump to conclusions. I believe Barack and Michelle paid for the trip.
Yes they did - but taxpayers paid for the Secret Service. Barack and Michelle are taxpayers - but Barack is a public servant - he's wasting resources - as did President Bush.

I shouldn't have to add that last part - but the liberals in here are so befuddled by what i say they can't seem to remember that I make this statement without political bias.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Sure they did, the millions of dollars in security and Air Force 1 costs are paid by tax payers but Obama picked up the hotel tab for him and the old lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies