Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 08:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Modeerf once even threw out an impulsive lie about "all his seal buddies" as some weight of evidence on why he was right and all these other posters who had served were wrong. That was an instant classic, I should go find it...
I think everyone has run across at least one person who was a NAVY SEAL or some other Spec. Op type, I work with one who says he was a SEAL (I'm sure he wasnt) and a friend of mine, who is a great guy, is also a serial exaggerator, and says he was attached to a Special Forces unit and injured in a firefight in Honduras in the 80's (total bull****)

The biggest talkers, in my own personal observations, are the biggest liars.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think everyone has run across at least one person who was a NAVY SEAL or some other Spec. Op type, I work with one who says he was a SEAL (I'm sure he wasnt) and a friend of mine, who is a great guy, is also a serial exaggerator, and says he was attached to a Special Forces unit and injured in a firefight in Honduras in the 80's (total bull****)

The biggest talkers, in my own personal observations, are the biggest liars.
I won a spelling bee once.
True story!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,204 times
These guys are "tough" until they meet something tougher like Mr Bomb or Mr Bullet. When they get their limbs blown off they cry like little babies.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
With the POTUS numbers tanking, now at 41%. Marines are speaking out against this Commander in Chief, saying they won't obey all orders.

They will fight enemies foreign and Domestic.

Battle Rattle - A Marine Corps Times Blog

They too have taken an oath to uphold the US Constitution, not follow a mad man to slaughter.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Then I hope they enjoy prison.
I'd like to see him try ... he starts throwing Marines in prison and he will have to build many more prisons ...

Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
These guys are "tough" until they meet something tougher like Mr Bomb or Mr Bullet. When they get their limbs blown off they cry like little babies.
You were making some good points, but don't be an ass. Mr Bomb and Mr Bullet hurt. Don't make fun of the thousands of good men and women who have lost limbs to them.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
So I read the comments section of the link. What the F planet do these rightwingers live on? This is fantasyland looney tunes at its finest. They are arguing about whether or not Marines should fire on American citizens when given the order by Obama to do so. It's just bat**** crazy to think that Obama is going to order the military to march on American citizens. Why in the world would they think that is going to happen? To think that Obama is anywhere near a dictatorship is just plain insane. Marines who think this a real possibility need to be drummed out of the ranks for being mentally incompetent.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,535 times
America once had Johnny Cash, Steve Jobs and Bob Hope. Now we have Barack Obama, no cash, no jobs and no hope.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
With the POTUS numbers tanking, now at 41%. Marines are speaking out against this Commander in Chief, saying they won't obey all orders.

They will fight enemies foreign and Domestic.

Battle Rattle - A Marine Corps Times Blog
WOW, I hope anyone in the military who decides to go against orders not only forfeits their salaries, but they also get fined and thrown in jail.

They signed up under their own freewill for the military. My tax dollars do not go to pay their salaries for them to express their political views through non compliance. They can express their views all they want through voting.

If they hate who is in charge so much they can leave once their contracts are up. They should quit expecting a free paycheck while trying not to live up to the duties that they are required to do on the job.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
WOW, I hope anyone in the military who decides to go against orders not only forfeits their salaries, but they also get fined and thrown in jail.

They signed up under their own freewill for the military. My tax dollars do not go to pay their salaries for them to express their political views through non compliance. They can express their views all they want through voting.

If they hate who is in charge so much they can leave once their contracts are up. They should quit expecting a free paycheck while trying not to live up to the duties that they are required to do on the job.

As far as orders go, not only does the Constitution trump all conflicting military orders, but each of us is criminally and civilly liable for carrying out orders which violate the Constitution or which have not been authorized by Congress.

Captain George Little of USS Boston found that out the hard way in 1804.

In 1801, he had followed President Adams’ orders to take any ships bound for, entering, or leaving French ports. Congress, however, had only authorized capturing American ships bound for or entering French ports. Captain Little captured the Dutch trader “Flying Fish” after it left a French port. The Supreme Court in Little v. Barreme ruled that Little was PERSONALLY liable for damages to the ship and his crew, because the President’s orders were unlawful, exceeding the authority extended by Congress.

If the United States has not been attacked and is not in imminent danger of being attacked, the President has no authority to wage war unless authorized by Congress. Period. Any attempt to do so is illegal.

Officers don’t even swear to follow orders. The officer oath simply requires the officer to “…support and defend the constitution…” No, oath to follow the orders of the officer appointed above.

Treason is acting against the constitution, not the president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies