Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times

Advertisements

The game is rigged!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times
“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”
― Frank Zappa

Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I participated in the last election and carefully considered what all the candidates offered. I was offended by the warmongering of the McCain campaign and insulted by the folly of nominating Ms. Palin. I also listened to Mr. Obama’s rhetoric and was impressed by what he proposed. I considered the Democrats choice of Mr. Biden as VP candidate was just about as foolish as the Republicans. I voted for now president Obama and glad I did.

Overall I am pleased with the current Administration’s position on most things with the major objection to remaining, for whatever reasons, involved in Afghanistan or anywhere else in the Middle East. I will campaign and vote for him again. Given the absurdity of the Republican Candidates I could not do anything else.

FWIW – When I was in ‘Nam and started talking about the war protesters and how they had the right idea (by that time I had decided I was on the wrong side) I was ORDERED TO SHUT UP AND STAY SHUT UP. I was told that my Constitutional Rights were suspended so long as I was in the Military. Ok, I stopped talking. I also got on the Freedom Bird back to the World a month later.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Where do these nuts come up with these imaginary numbers from?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please, go buy a clue.
I'm a "radical Liberal" because I called you out?
So tell me, do those mythical Fema camps have anything to do with this "shunning"?
BAHAHAHAHA that reminds me of the little ads back in military magazines in the late 90s talking about "the black helicopters" and clintons "Secret treaty with a foreign nation, to give them authority over american soil".

Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
BAHAHAHAHA that reminds me of the little ads back in military magazines in the late 90s talking about "the black helicopters" and clintons "Secret treaty with a foreign nation, to give them authority over american soil".
The RWNJs got up early this morning, didnt they?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,706 times
Marine's what speaks out?

C#ck?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
I can't say why the quote feature isn't working, so I'll answer a few of the above posts here.

3 or 4 of you have said something similar to, "Yes the people elected him...but."

There is no but in the Constitution. There is no procedure for those unhappy with The Peoples choice to claim for themselves the right to correct their "wrong" by extra-legal or illegal means. The election was free and fair, open to inspection, and if The People happen to vote in somebody you don't like, that's tough, but they have the perfect right to do so. The People rule this country, not you. Your obligation, your DUTY as a citizen is to accept the Will of the People whether you agree with it or not. That is the duty of us all or democracy is dead.

You may create fantasies to justify your treasonous words or actions, but you'll find rather quickly that you're in a decided minority and you will suffer for it. There are plenty more of us out here who understand the principles of the Constitution and self-government, who treasure the rule of law instead of emotion, who will oppose you with every fiber of our being and we will win. If you're foolish enough to act upon your delusions, you'll be beaten down as surely as other prospective revolutionaries have in the past.

Make no mistake: However you convince yourself that you're right, you're still wrong, you're still not even worthy of being called an American and you WILL BE DEFEATED.

I spent nearly 15 years of my life defending the Constitution in places you've never heard of and I'll be DAMNED if I surrender now to the likes of you.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I'd like to see him try ... he starts throwing Marines in prison and he will have to build many more prisons ...
HE does not have to, the Marine Corps will do it for him since it will be their orders they are disobeying. People that do not know how the military works really should not comment on it.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:23 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
So I read the comments section of the link. What the F planet do these rightwingers live on? This is fantasyland looney tunes at its finest. They are arguing about whether or not Marines should fire on American citizens when given the order by Obama to do so. It's just bat**** crazy to think that Obama is going to order the military to march on American citizens. Why in the world would they think that is going to happen?
The answer to your question lies in the numerous threads about how Obama will declare martial law soon. That is one of the eye-opening things about the internet, it makes you realize how many bat**** crazy people are walking among us that in times past you wouldn't have known were there unless they went over the edge and started shooting. It really is an fascinating window into paranoia and psychosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
America once had Johnny Cash, Steve Jobs and Bob Hope. Now we have Barack Obama, no cash, no jobs and no hope.
Flaw of displacement. Just because you have no hope/cash/job doesn't mean others don't. I have all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
As far as orders go, not only does the Constitution trump all conflicting military orders, but each of us is criminally and civilly liable for carrying out orders which violate the Constitution or which have not been authorized by Congress.
A military is not effectively run by each officer/enlisted personally attempting to interpret the constitutional applicability to each order, and the UCMJ clearly outlines chain of command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Americans are spineless whimps and many of the posters in this thread illustrate that fact.
He said, from the safety of his keyboard. There is no bigger whimp than the one calling others whimps over the interrnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Without the military on our side we will never be able to change our government and overthrow or abolish it
Again by "we" I assume you mean others doing things while you heroically call out whimps from on message boards then go back to playing video games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Obama is trying to overthrow our existing government. Obama is trying to collapse our economy and destroy capitalism. Obama is trying to destroy our military. I back any military personnel who does not support Obama. Obama is our countries biggest threat. Obama needs to be in a supermax prison along with most of his cabinet.
It will be interesting to see where you redirect your irrational gibberish after the Obama administration is over and we still have a country with people living their lives. Will you refocus your angst on the new prez regardless of that president's party affiliation or go retreat into some semblance of sanity until a new more suitable target comes along?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies