Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What BS!

Self defense my left, uh, toe! Self defense is not killing an unarmed person with a firearm. Well, maybe in Florida.

It is not self defense to kill an unarmed person with a firearm.
This is simply not true. So if a woman is getting beat up by a man she should continue to be beaten even though she has a gun and can stop the man from beating her.

The law does not say self defense is only applicable if both parties are armed.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
[quote=Katiana;23581749]What BS!

Self defense my left, uh, toe! Self defense is not killing an unarmed person with a firearm. Well, maybe in Florida.

It is not self defense to kill an unarmed person with a firearm.[/quote]

Moronic statement. Putting this case aside, say I was choking the hell out of you, and you feel your life slipping away....you wouldnt pull out a gun if you had one and use it on me? You really think the courts would convict you?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This is simply not true. So if a woman is getting beat up by a man she should continue to be beaten even though she has a gun and can stop the man from beating her.

The law does not say self defense is only applicable if both parties are armed.
I'm not going to get into your analogy, which has nothing to do with this case. A big guy like Zimmerman should have been able to hit back.

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
I think it's pretty telling that people hopped on that picture of a black teen giving the camera the finger, and wearing fake gold teeth, because that's who they want to believe was killed, not the kid in the other pictures.

No one even bothered to verify it before spreading it around the internet.

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
I certainly noticed this race baiting topic. If you are so anti race baiting, why do you partake in it yourself?

Your talking about how the media is crucifying the man that shot an unarmed teen and making the kid that lost his life into an angel when I'm seeing on the news that the media is disclosing that the boy was suspended from school for marijuana possession when his life was tragically cut short.

This happened a month ago and didn't even come to light till recently after the family went on an all out attack as well as the NAACP. Your outrage towards the media is wrong because if anything the complete opposite is true.

However I honestly don't care how the media is using this case to manipulate anyone. It doesn't matter. The sad and cruel reality is this young boy (not man) is now dead and will never come back and his family will forever wish he had never left the to go get some skittles for his brother. His brother will probably blame himself for this happening. A life was stolen and so was innocence.

Yes Treyvon Martin got caught with weed. George Bush was a crackhead alcoholic at one point and Obama was a pothead. Who knows the great this child could have accomplished if his life hadn't been stolen with brutal violence.

It's suspect that your angry about the media and not the fact that Zimmerman is not arrested. Zimmermans dad is a high ranking judge in a town of good 'ol boys and racists that run the show. If Zimmermans daddy wasn't rich and powerful and maybe if Treyvon wasn't black Zimmerman would be in jail right now with remanded bail facing a case that would be hard if not impossible to beat that carries a life sentence.

The different standards that the Sanford police department and judicial system is giving the have and the have nots and lets be real blacks and non blacks is what I am angry about. It baffles me that can even direct any sort of anger towards the victim or the media and not at the Sanford Police Department and social services and Zimmerman himself.

I myself am a white conservative southerner and I am absolutely INFURIATED at both the city of sanford and Zimmerman. I want this piece of trash to get the chair or get put in a cell with a bunch of black militant racist lifers and I want lengthy sentences handed down to his prominent father and the police cheif as well as the officers who handled the case.
I highly doubt you're a "white southerner."

If so, you're a white southerner who is ignorant of the facts and not particularly interested in Constitutionally protected due process.

Educate yourself. Or go join a rally. Matters not to me. But what happens when you have egg on your face? Will you then question your ideals? Again.....I highly doubt it.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm not going to get into your analogy, which has nothing to do with this case. A big guy like Zimmerman should have been able to hit back.
Fair enough. Well get into the law then. Where does it say one must be armed in order for self defense to be applied?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
AeroGuy, I know you have trouble realizing this, but many white Southeners are the most enraged when stuff like this happens.

The followers of Byron De La Beckwith have largely either died, or faded away with age. Thank God.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 PM

Default Doctor Interviewed on HLN just reported Bandaid was put on Zimmerman's Boo Boo

So much for fearing for his safety.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Bob said it....so it must be true.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 PM

A doctor on HLN just said it.10 minutes ago, and he indicated he was given access to the records that night.

No stiches, just a boo boo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies