Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times

Advertisements

Do this math for me....

The pursuit argument doesn't hold up.

Those who claim Zimmerman pursued and confronted Martin must overcome a mountain of evidence. From the time Zimmerman says "He [Martin] is running" to the 911 operator and exits the truck, the call continues for another 2 minutes. There is an additional minute between the end of the 911 call and the beginning of the confrontation.

During those 3 minutes, a person at a normal walk would move 800 feet. At a brisk walk (5 mph), they would move 1300 feet. Since the confrontation occurred maybe 100 feet from Zimmerman's truck, it's clear that Martin didn't even continue walking away at a slow pace. He either hid nearby or doubled back to confront Zimmerman. But in either case, his GF's affidavit is proven false.

But the location DOES closely match Zimmerman's statement to the police. You can hear him exit the truck and either wind or breathing starting at 2:15 of the 911 call. We can presume he is following Martin (who has a head start) at a brisk pace. After the 911 guy says he they don't need him to follow, you can hear the wind or breathing stop at 2:40. 20-25 seconds at a 8 mph trot moves him 250-300 feet. Returning at a slow walk after the exertion for 1 minute at 2 mph after the 911 call ends puts Zimmerman 70-120 feet from the truck - pretty much where the fight happened.

Zimmerman's police statement is supported by the physical evidence as to location.

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Good post. The kid was suspected to be a dealer from what I read, the family scrambled to shut down his facebook and myspace accounts, even before the put a patent on his name.
For all we know, the kid was spaced out on PCP.
His parents should have never let him out at that hour anyway.
Nothing good happens after midnight.
Suspected to be a dealer?

Midnight?

Spaced out on PCP (no drugs were found in his dead body, fyi)

Are you for real?

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended three times and caught with 'burglary tool' | Mail Online

The teen was suspended from school three times
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness

Read more: Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended three times and caught with 'burglary tool' | Mail Online

-----------------------

How long before we will see more pictures of the real Trayvon...?

The parents will have to understand that by having putting a $ 1 million on the head of Zimmerman, there will be people looking in their background too...

It is a 2 way street and to be honest...Zimmerman may have acted to fast, but what the heck is a guy this age doing outside on a rainy night outside with a drink and skittles and a hoody on in an area where already 7-9 burglaries have been reported...wrong time, wrong place....or what the heck was he doing?

My son wasn't walking outside in the rain, but spending his time doing home work and as the parents claim their son was a good athlete, why was their son not a home showering from another practice...so many things that to me are strange if he is the sweet guy as they describe....my son is almost the same age and I see I different person...not one going to the gas station to get a drink, since we have a drink at home or you wait until the next day...is it just me who thinks it is strange to do this in the rain...sounds to me more than a borred teenager who has nothing on his hands... doesn't mean he deserved to die!

It doesn't mean he deserved to get shot. He was on his way back with snacks for the College B'Ball games.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
I condemn their actions totally.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Your (inane) question:

what the heck is a guy this age doing outside on a rainy night outside with a drink and skittles and a hoody on

It was 7:30PM. Is that really a late hour to you? Was this acid rain? If not, what's wrong with going out in the rain?. Didn't realize that rain called for being housebound.
Some people like walking outside in the rain. It can be relaxing.

I'm wondering what exactly this "burgarly tool" is.

It reminds me strictly of a time my wife got chewed out by the police because she was walking around in cosplay and the police accused her off "being in disguise".

Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post

It reminds me strictly of a time my wife got chewed out by the police because she was walking around in cosplay and the police accused her off "being in disguise".
The burglary tool is a screwdriver--although many posters have expanded that to "burglary tools".

Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
You do realize the Daily Mail is a UK tabloid, right?

Which is why they have sensationalized a screwdriver to equal a "burglary tool"

Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,940,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post

1) I never thought I would see the term "cosplay" used in this particular forum. Thank you for that.

2) Who was she?

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Actually, the opposition is, while promoting the idea of racial divide between Hispanics and Blacks. All I really care about it, who is sponsoring this?
Actually, people are calling out the b.s. of saying Zimmerman was "white" when clearly he isn't.

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson need to speak out and let the country know it is wrong and the Black Panthers are wrong in what they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies