Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, he wasn't.He was a 'SELF-APPOINTED' neighborhood watch-type person.

There was no neighborhood watch group.

I believe there is some sort of training that goes along with setting up a true Neighborhood Watch system. Did Zimmerman have any of that training?

No. He was SELF-APPOINTED.
Oh please! Post a link to that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 08:09 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, he wasn't.He was a 'SELF-APPOINTED' neighborhood watch-type person.

There was no neighborhood watch group.

I believe there is some sort of training that goes along with setting up a true Neighborhood Watch system. Did Zimmerman have any of that training?

No. He was SELF-APPOINTED.
It's a volunteer role so obviously it is technically self-appointing. Doesn't matter. Either way, he did not stick with the rules. I guess he felt no need to...daddy's a retired judge.

Quote:
"If you see something suspicious, you report it, you step aside and you let law enforcement do their job," Tutko said. "This guy went way beyond the call of duty. At the least, he's overzealous."

Second, Zimmerman carried a handgun. Police departments and sheriff's offices that train volunteers advise them never to carry weapons — though Zimmerman broke no laws by doing so because he has a concealed-weapons permit.

"There's no reason to carry a gun," Tutko said.
Trayvon Martin: Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman broke Neighborhood Watch gun rules - Orlando Sentinel

Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,535 times
Stupid Latoya.......

Ooops wrong Jacksons

Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I guess they can't allow Sharpton to hog up all the airwaves.

Jacksons call for federal ban on

federal ban would only effect federal property, stand your ground or castle doctrine does not involve the interstate commerce clause and therefore invalidates the feds from regulating it.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Martin jumped Zimmerman while he was returning to his truck. Who hunted who again? Sounds like Martin does not like hispanics.
sorry, that's NOT true, ZIMMERMAN clearly stalked treyvon because he was
suspicious (black).

that's proven in the 911 call and by the girlfriends phone conversation. where i come from kids walk home from convenience stores all the time with candy and they're not considered suspicious.

If some strange adult was following me I'd sure as heck confront him and ask him why he was following me. Treyvon had EVERY RIGHT to be there and it was NONE of George the proven muderer zimmermans BUSINESS!!

I know a lot of racist white men are doing mental gymnastics to make this NOT SO but THAT is the FACT

Old 03-27-2012, 07:04 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
More stupidity from Jesse Jackson, no surprise there. The Stand Your Ground law has nothing to do with this case. But by the same token, those closet racists who use the law to defend Zimmerman are just as stupid as Jackson.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's a volunteer role so obviously it is technically self-appointing. Doesn't matter. Either way, he did not stick with the rules. I guess he felt no need to...daddy's a retired judge.

Trayvon Martin: Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman broke Neighborhood Watch gun rules - Orlando Sentinel
Big deal. The father's a retired magistrate judge from Virginia. There are hundreds of 'magistrate' judges at any one time, the lowest there is. Though you'd love to portray the father as a big shot in Sanford with influence and connections, hogwash.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Stupid Latoya.......

Ooops wrong Jacksons
Naw...you are still right even if it's the wrong herd.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,618,662 times
"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved..."

-Jesse Jackson

Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Why is this not a surprise?

Jesse Jackson has NEVER been one to let an opportunity to be in the news, go to waste.

When MLK was killed, Jackson smeared King's blood on his suit to insinuate that he was next to King at the time of the assassignation when in fact he was not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies