Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:14 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Regardless of this case, why is it ok for anyone to ask anyone else what they are doing on public streets? I would answer that that's none of their business, frankly.
And you would be well within your rights to say that! Trayvon could have said the same thing and maybe he did....we dont know that yet. But if you choose to punch the guy asking you that question instead of saying "none of your business"; then you do so at your own peril. Plus, I'm not sure these were public streets....I thought I read somewhere that the community was a gated one. I live in a gated community and the streets are private and belong to the homeowners association...not the town. Might not be the case here though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Regardless of this case, why is it ok for anyone to ask anyone else what they are doing on public streets? I would answer that that's none of their business, frankly.
Because he was the head of the neighborhood watch. That's what made it ok.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Now I understand why lefties are so whacky!

They get their ideas from South Park!
South Park gets it a lot straighter than FAUX "news" ever does.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
A normal, logical and somewhat intellgent person would intoduce themselves as "Neighborhood Watch" ...all from the confines and safety of their vehicle, and ask the person if they lived or were visiting someone there. This is all they are supposed to do aside from calling 911 if they see something suspect. End of story.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-26-2012 at 10:28 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 10:22 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
You physically assault me and you WILL be shot. I have no way to determine if you will continue to assault me to the point I will be rendered unconcious and unable to protect myself from being murdered. If I am assaulted and fall, I may die. I have never been in a fist fight and have no training in that form of combat. That is MY gauge.

This is 2012. Fist fighting is the method of uncivilized trash. We have laws against assault.
Aaah yes, being more civilized means going back to the days of the O.K corrall and everyone having a gun. SOOOO much more civilized now in 2012!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
A normal and logical person would intoduce themselves as "Neighborhood Watch" and ask the person if they lived or were visiting someone there. End of story.
Maybe Zimmerman did just that and got punched for his efforts....we dont know yet...the truth will eventually come out

Old 03-26-2012, 10:24 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
South Park gets it a lot straighter than FAUX "news" ever does.
Wow... welcome to Wally World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah yes, being more civilized means going back to the days of the O.K corrall and everyone having a gun. SOOOO much more civilized now in 2012!
Yes! Chicago, DC, NY all with no-gun laws (nevermind the Constitution), and all with skyrocketing crime. Take AZ, no-permit required laws and crime is down, wayyyyy down.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Maybe Zimmerman did just that and got punched for his efforts....we dont know yet...the truth will eventually come out
I did go back and edit my post to include..."all from the confines and safety of their vehicle"...which Zimmerman clearly did not do.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
frankly I tni thsi is why we have grand jury and trials.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
And you would be well within your rights to say that! Trayvon could have said the same thing and maybe he did....we dont know that yet. But if you choose to punch the guy asking you that question instead of saying "none of your business"; then you do so at your own peril. Plus, I'm not sure these were public streets....I thought I read somewhere that the community was a gated one. I live in a gated community and the streets are private and belong to the homeowners association...not the town. Might not be the case here though.
Hm, so if someone walks around within a gated community, isn't it safe to assume that they belong there? Otherwise there would have been an alarm at their entry I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Still, a neighborhood watch is a bunch of normal civilians, isn't it? I don't have to talk to civilians if I don't feel like it. If they do work for the police and wear a uniform, things are different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies