Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Okay then. Based on your opinion, why do you think MSM isn't reporting on it? And why are you making this just a Black thing? Judging from what I'm hearing, this, to me, sounds more or less an attempt to vilify and demonize all Black people. How does that help Blacks who don't contribute to the crime(majority of Blacks don't contribute to crime)? When I hear stuff like "more lives destroyed by African-American men", it breaks down any kind of productive communication. It makes people like me resent hearing about crimes committed by African-Americans. It doesn't make me want to do anything about it. A productive and respectful dialogue, and look at the crimes with my heart makes me want to do something about it. I am the first person to say that those persons who committed those crimes are wrong for what they did and should be prosecuted and imprisoned for what they did. If I was the judge, the man who sat that woman on fire would go to prison for attempted murder, and the murdered sent to prison for life. However, saying stuff like "lives ruined by African-American men" only vilifies African-Americans. How is that suppose to make Black men want to do something about it? Please tell me.

Dr. King was there to fight for Black people, but he wasn't saying stuff like "lives ruined by White people" or the like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 07:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
I keep hearing reports about how wrong profiling is and that hoodies aren't bad. Yet the simple fact is that young Black males murder at 10 times the rate as young White and Hispanic men combined

This is why I only have one black friend.

[i gotta keep both eyes on him at all times ]

Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
This is why I only have one black friend.

[i gotta keep both eyes on him at all times ]
Are you being sarcastic? I hope you are.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:34 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
How much more can White people take until there is pushback?

Oh wait, if a cracker shoots a Black who is attacking them, even if he is Hispanic with a Black grandparent, that "cracker" will be charged with murder and the (in)Justice Department will charge that "cracker" with a hate crime.

The failure of Middle Class Black people to denounce these racial attacks are a reflection of their true character. In-group tribalism. For the few who do denounce these atrocities, you are brave and are (probably) subject to "you be a uncle tom" remarks.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay then. Based on your opinion, why do you think MSM isn't reporting on it? And why are you making this just a Black thing? Judging from what I'm hearing, this, to me, sounds more or less an attempt to vilify and demonize all Black people. How does that help Blacks who don't contribute to the crime(majority of Blacks don't contribute to crime)? When I hear stuff like "more lives destroyed by African-American men", it breaks down any kind of productive communication. It makes people like me resent hearing about crimes committed by African-Americans. It doesn't make me want to do anything about it. A productive and respectful dialogue, and look at the crimes with my heart makes me want to do something about it. I am the first person to say that those persons who committed those crimes are wrong for what they did and should be prosecuted and imprisoned for what they did. If I was the judge, the man who sat that woman on fire would go to prison for attempted murder, and the murdered sent to prison for life. However, saying stuff like "lives ruined by African-American men" only vilifies African-Americans. How is that suppose to make Black men want to do something about it? Please tell me.

Dr. King was there to fight for Black people, but he wasn't saying stuff like "lives ruined by White people" or the like.
Maybe that MLK is gone was for the best; at least he wouldn't be seeing the hood rats who were born after he was killed basically try to put other Black people back on the plantation. MLK was a true leader IMHO, RIP.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post

Oh wait, if a cracker shoots a Black who is attacking them, even if he is Hispanic with a Black grandparent, that "cracker" will be charged with murder and the (in)Justice Department will charge that "cracker" with a hate crime.

The failure of Middle Class Black people to denounce these racial attacks are a reflection of their true character. In-group tribalism. For the few who do denounce these atrocities, you are brave and are (probably) subject to "you be a uncle tom" remarks.
Yeah.

Mariah Carey is about as "Black" or "white" as Zimmerman but Black people look at her different. Sheesh!

Tho quite a few middle class or higher Blacks DO try to call the hood rats out but the JC Watts of the world are "invisible" it seems with the hood rats getting the mic and camera.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post

It is not the true character. I think there are Blacks don't know about the Black-on-White attacks because of the media outlets that many Blacks are listening to. Furthermore, middle class Blacks are trying to get AWAY from the Black criminals because they know the criminal element of the population to be detrimental to them. What does that say?

I wouldn't call EdwardA an "Uncle Tom". I would say there is very little awareness that not living up to the stereotype won't mean that he won't be subjected to the same scrutiny that many Blacks have been subjected to. I will denounce the atrocities in a heartbeat. I'm also going to get to root of the issue as well. I have even made youtube videos about it. I don't want to post them because I don't know how safe it is to let people know what I look like in person.

If you think "in group tribalism" is the true nature of Black people, I have a question for you. What do you think the roots of this "tribalism" are?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Yeah.

Mariah Carey is about as "Black" or "white" as Zimmerman but Black people look at her different. Sheesh!

Tho quite a few middle class or higher Blacks DO try to call the hood rats out but the JC Watts of the world are "invisible" it seems with the hood rats getting the mic and camera.
Furthermore, alot of the hood rats don't listen. Mayor Michael Nutter denounced the youths who were involved in the mob violence in Philadelphia. He might denounce it. However, alot of those hood rats don't listen. Black middle class people might agree because they are the ones who would listen in the first place. It is the hood rats who won't listen. One reason possibly being nihilism. Cornel West talked about it in his book called Race Matters. He spoke of nihilism among some African-Americans and that Jesse Jackson is helping this along.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Furthermore, alot of the hood rats don't listen. Mayor Michael Nutter denounced the youths who were involved in the mob violence in Philadelphia. He might denounce it. However, alot of those hood rats don't listen. Black middle class people might agree because they are the ones who would listen in the first place. It is the hood rats who won't listen. One reason possibly being nihilism. Cornel West talked about it in his book called Race Matters. He spoke of nihilism among some African-Americans and that Jesse Jackson is helping this along.
Nihilism | Define Nihilism at Dictionary.com

I hope you're wrong there cause THAT attitude you just pointed out WILL cause an all out race war with many good people on both sides getting hurt or killed. Yes; I'm worried.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:06 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
It is not the true character. I think there are Blacks don't know about the Black-on-White attacks because of the media outlets that many Blacks are listening to. Furthermore, middle class Blacks are trying to get AWAY from the Black criminals because they know the criminal element of the population to be detrimental to them. What does that say?

I wouldn't call EdwardA an "Uncle Tom". I would say there is very little awareness that not living up to the stereotype won't mean that he won't be subjected to the same scrutiny that many Blacks have been subjected to. I will denounce the atrocities in a heartbeat. I'm also going to get to root of the issue as well. I have even made youtube videos about it. I don't want to post them because I don't know how safe it is to let people know what I look like in person.

If you think "in group tribalism" is the true nature of Black people, I have a question for you. What do you think the roots of this "tribalism" are?
First off, I would like to thank you for a thought out, coherent reply to my comments. You clarified some things that have been confounding/frustrating me regarding the lack of denouncement of these racial attacks.

As for tribalism, I believe it is natural human instinct. I was basically conveying the fact that (many, not all) Black people tend to support their own, regardless of factual information e.g. Trayvon, O.J., etc.

I wish White people practiced the in-group tribalism that Blacks did, then maybe groups would organize to protest the violence like Blacks do when they feel threatened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies