Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 08:29 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Nope. There is far more varience within their political viewpoints even when they occupy the same status financially. You can bet your last dime that a black person making 32k in Texas will generally vote congruently with a black person in NY with the same income. Whereas a white person in Texas making 32k and a white person making 32k in NY are probably on the opposite end of the spectrum voting wise.

When it comes to voting, blacks collectively are as predictable as the sun rising regardless of income. What's the adhesive that causes blacks regardless of class to vote on the same tangent? "Racism" or what they perceive as racism. Atleast that's what it is IMO.
Since no one asked I'll just go ahead and do so: You saying blacks collectively vote the same...is there a scientific study you can provide to back up this claim?

Because it kind of sounds like you're just running on vapors on that one. Also, w/ whites being the absolute majority wouldn't it be obvious there would be more variation in voting trends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Since no one asked I'll just go ahead and do so: You saying blacks collectively vote the same...is there a scientific study you can provide to back up this claim?

Because it kind of sounds like you're just running on vapors on that one. Also, w/ whites being the absolute majority wouldn't it be obvious there would be more variation in voting trends?
You can't be serious.

Washington Post poll: Obama leads Romney as campaigns converge on Virginia - The Washington Post

Quote:
By a whopping 97 percent to 1 percent, Obama thumps Romney among black voters
Blacks vote on average 95% for Dems every year. I mean if you are looking for 100% that's impossible but 95% is as close as it gets.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What? NCN was polite but straight up with her posts. American Indians DID get a raw deal but it wasn't just white people who did the deed. Many AI nations were nasty to each other too.

NO 1 is telling Black people they have to stay in the US if racism is so powerful for them. I'm quite sure many countries in Africa could use the skills of many American Blacks.
Couldn't the same be said for practically any group? Who says blacks overall think US racism is so powerful?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You can't be serious.

Washington Post poll: Obama leads Romney as campaigns converge on Virginia - The Washington Post

Blacks vote on average 95% for Dems every year. I mean if you are looking for 100% that's impossible but 95% is as close as it gets.
Uh, you didn't answer the question. All that link proves is that blacks vote in favor of Obama. That link addresses nothing about historic trends or anything of the sort, and it's only talking presidential election.

And in all honesty, how many true black candidates has the US had anyway?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Couldn't the same be said for practically any group? Who says blacks overall think US racism is so powerful?
Many Black people yell about racism; not sure about the "overall" part. But Al and Jesse DO say white racism hurts most Black people. Tho I think Al and Jesse are full of it.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:

Perhaps the reason no one asked is because it's pretty much common sense or errr..knowledge. Keep in mind no one disputed my statistical reference either.

As for your point about whites, the quick and easy answer is no. The absolute majority has nothing to do with variation for a variety of reasons. But rather than go into detail about that-I- can easily reference the latino vote which is far more politically split than the black vote is given their comparitive population numbers.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Uh, you didn't answer the question. All that link proves is that blacks vote in favor of Obama. That link addresses nothing about historic trends or anything of the sort, and it's only talking presidential election.

Oh brother.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Perhaps the reason no one asked is because it's pretty much common sense or errr..knowledge. Keep in mind no one disputed my statistical reference either.

As for your point about whites, the quick and easy answer is NO. The absolute majority has nothing to do with variation for a variety of reasons. But rather than go into detail about that-I can easily reference the latino vote which is far more politically split than the black vote is given their comparitive voting population numbers.
So, with that response it's pretty much safe to say you have no statistical backing at all, which gives zero validity to your argument.

No one disputing your previous claims doesn't establish your claims as fact. It's clear you want to argue on your own assumptions.

'Common sense'...yeah...if you say so.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Oh brother.
Yeah, that link just didn't do the trick.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:15 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:

Even if you remove the "black factor" of Obama's historical feat, blacks overwhelmingly vote democratic even for white candidates, however by comparison Latinos (who are comparitively closer to AA's in population, economics, education, etc etc) are as predictable as Halley's Comet. Nearly 50% of them voted for Bush in 04's and I think 60+% voted for Obama. Blacks have consistently voted 85%+ for Democrats no matter who the candidate was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies