Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 02:27 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times

Advertisements

What the race baiters don't want you to know:
----------------------------------------------------------
Joe Oliver, a family friend of Zimmerman's and an island of reason amid a sea of racist turmoil, said, "I'm a black male and all that I know is that George has never given me any reason whatsoever to believe he has anything against people of color. All these people who are threatening George, what makes them any better than the person they think he is? You've got all these people wanting to lynch the man and they don't know the whole story. There are huge gaps that are being filled in and interpreted without evidence. George had no intention of taking anyone's life, and cried for days after [this incident]."
Race-Bait Political Hustlers - Alexander's Essays - PatriotPost.US
----------------------------------------------------------

Why the furor?

Booker T. Washington has some words on the subject:
There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.

My experience is that people who call themselves "The Intellectuals" understand theories, but they do not understand things. I have long been convinced that, if these men could have gone into the South and taken up and become interested in some practical work which would have brought them in touch with people and things, the whole world would have looked very different to them. Bad as conditions might have seemed at first, when they saw that actual progress was being made, they would have taken a more hopeful view of the situation.
Ch. V: The Intellectuals and the Boston Mob
Booker T. Washington - Wikiquote
---------------------------------

Old 03-30-2012, 02:30 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Obviously, your hatred for blacks will not allow you to be objective. There is proof that he went the store. There is proof that he was on the phone with is girlfriend. There is proof that he did not have a criminal record or a history of violence. His drug test did not come up positive for anything and an empty baggie and a screw driver do not make you a drug addict or a burgler. On the other hand, Zimmerman has been arrested 3 times and does have a history of violence. How hateful it is to agree with someone that is calling Trayvon a future inmate and thanking Zimmerman for killing a teenage boy. Some of you really should be ashamed of yourselves. That really is disgusting.
I've asked each time this is brought up and no one has ever answered:

I have not seen the toxicology report released - do you have a link to the report that says Trayvon Martin tested negative for drugs?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:33 PM

381 posts, read 507,257 times
you're forgetting something very fundamental. anyone who carries a firearm know very well to avoid physical alterations because the fear of losing control of their gun outweighs the use of using physical force.

stunning zimmerman will not explain the police report of physical injuries on him. nor does it explain the witness reports of zimmerman being on the ground and trayvon being on top. the facts speaks for itself. please don't ignore them.

Last edited by Divine Shadow; 03-30-2012 at 02:43 PM..

Old 03-30-2012, 02:34 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,906,411 times
Attached Thumbnails
***Zimmerman-Martin Case (Part 3)***-the_anger_games.jpg  

Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Booker T. Washington...a very insightful and smart man.

He seems to be talking about Jessie and Sharpton, does he not?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 PM

419 posts, read 365,525 times
where is there a hole for his ears? LOL!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,902 times
Sharpton. Jackson, and Farrkhan are getting long in the tooth.....will be a quieter planet when they pass on

Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If you look upon an entire race because of the actions of others then that is a level of ignorance you need to deal with. Do you look upon all Whites as deviants?
Me personally? No. But it's a bit crazy to think that society as a whole is as objective.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Booker T. Washington...a very insightful and smart man.

He seems to be talking about Jessie and Sharpton, does he not?
Yes, he does.
And baiters use "racist" taunts for any objection to their hustle.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That sounds pretty much what might have happened that night. I'd say good deduction. I'm sure the kid was irritated by being stalked. IDK if a 6'3" kid would be scared but he may have been worried he was about to be mugged. (do kids really have any fear?) Like I said before I feel Zimmerman was way in the wrong especially after being told to "stand down" by the police. That stupid law is waht is creating the mess. "Self-defense". If it can be proven in a court of law that the killing of a person is okay, so be it but that person should be charged with something!
I can get into the shoes of Trayvon Martin easier than I can Zimmerman. Martin did not know what this guy was up to. Feeling threatened might well be part of his internal emotions. I'm no lawyer, but if Zimmerman did something that could have been construed as physically threatening (which I see as a distinct possibility), Martin may have been within his rights to be the aggressor in a self-defensive mode.

Many moons ago when I was about 16 or 17, I had a guy drive up to me as I was walking home from visiting a classmate. It was a fancy neighborhood and the guy got out of his car, got in my face and angrily told me he wanted me off his street and out of his neighborhood immediately. I said a few angry words at him and walked off. I remember thinking that if the guy had pulled that on a couple of my friends, he would have gotten himself drilled... and my friend(s) might have gotten shot, if the guy were Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies