Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 04:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Coulda, shoulda, woulda... dosen't matter much what he did.
All this fuss about so many VAGUE facts, and at the same time a Muslim woman gets murdered in California and the murderer left a racially charged note behind. You hear NOTHING about that. Although they have much, much stronger evidence of a hate crime. It's pathetic.
That's really terrible. I agree. All crimes need to be investigated and everyone deserves justice, including both the victim and the accused.

By the way, you took what I wrote out of context. I said I was talking to a friend and said to him "Would you want Zimmerman chasing you down a street...etc." I wasn't specifically talking about the shooting.

I'm guilty of it too, and often read posts quickly, but it's important to follow a dialog when 2 other people are debating an issue.

I also agree it's pathetic when one person's death gets so much attention and another's is ignored. Unfortunately, that's the way it's always been. How many times did we see Natalee Holloway on TV when many other young women were missing?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
MSNBC prime time anchor hopes for a race war?

Will they fire him, will he be arrested if his inflaming the situation leads to people getting killed?

George Zimmerman Trayvon Al Sharpton: Rev. Al Sharpton will escalate efforts if George Zimmerman isn't arrested in Trayvon's death. - Orlando Sentinel

Amazing this guy still has a job.
Economic sanctions? LOL this guy is a riot. I can't wait until he inevitably goes down and takes MSNBC with it.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:45 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
How about the initial police report? Will that do for you? You posted the same report earlier, didn't you? Where did I say that the gun was in plain sight? I said it was holstered around his waist which is exactly what was written in the initial police report. My exact words from my post were "wearing a gun around his waist." Please don't twist or edit what I write.

"Located on the inside of Zimmerman's waistband, I removed a black Kel Tec 9mm..."

Sanford Police Dept: Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report

You just answered your own question. Zimmerman is NOT A COP. He shouldn't have been chasing a car in the first place.
But he can chase down a car if he chooses to.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:00 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times
When following the link to the MSNBC story your link is referring to, I see this:

Quote:
“This guy looks like he’s up to no good,” Zimmerman said in a 911 call. Asked by a dispatcher if he was white, Hispanic or black, he replied, "He looks black."*Zimmerman's father has said that*his son*is Hispanic, grew up in a multiracial family, and is not racist.
So either MSNBC editors fixed it, or the original reporter of this, Breitbart, stuck
In the ellipses for the "asked if he was white, Hispanic, or black" section. But Breitbart would never engage in selective, creative editing, would they?

Edit: I see in another post that apparently The Today Show was guilty of such editing.

Last edited by robbobobbo; 03-30-2012 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: New info

Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times
Default NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy (Video)

Quote:
Critics say the "Today" show attempted to incite racial anger when it cut crucial seconds from audio of a phone call placed by George Zimmerman just before he killed the teenager.
I'd say that they and many others were pretty 'successful'!

NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy (Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Don't normally watch MSNBC so didn't see it but checked out the global grind photos and it was the one with the little girl that was inside People. He appears to have 2 day growth of beard and frankly if I saw him on a dark street I would be concerned. Other photos in that spread, not so much. But my point still stands -- the media is trying to perpetuate the image of a sweet innocent 13 year old.
The questions are:

What does "concerned" mean?

Concerned about what?

Would you be equally concerned by seeing him in bright sunny daylight?

Would you be equally concerned if you saw a white man in a hooded jacket with a 2 day growth of beard at night? on a sunny day?

Would you be concerned (day or night) if you saw "Zimmerman" or a similar looking, similarly dressed person?

Would you be concerned if you were aware that the "Zimmerman" person was carrying a gun?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:31 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Yes, they purposely edited out the question from the 911 Dispatch that asked "Is he Black or White ?" Which made Zimmerman's stand alone reply "He looks Black" come off sounding like a racist.

Purposely lying to the public is about the lowest they can go and someone should lose their job. I will no longer watch that network.

Bad on you NBC

Old 03-30-2012, 05:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So we are going to play "who has the worst history" game.
How do we know everything that zimmerman has gotten away with in the past when his father, the magistrate protects him and clears what he can. I mean can you really get a firearms permit after assaulting a police officer? Lets be realistic, zimmerman's injuries did warrant the killing of a youngman since at that range he could have easily shot him in the leg, arm or some other non vital area. I wonder why he did not, perhaps because then there would have been a witness to question his actions

If you want to perserve the sterotype that all young black males are thugs and all have terrible histories just say so, but don't act that you don't try to make people think that they are stupid
Yes, when dealing with the credibility between the victim and the shooter and no good witnesses, then you do have to take history into consideration. Again, I'm not interested in conspiracy theories about Zimmerman's father. And I'm not saying all young black kids have bad histories, I never did. What I'm saying is that you can't discount the histories, and, from what I've read, Martin did have a history of delinquent and possible aggressive behavior, and I already recognized that Zimmerman was no saint either.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:42 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Oh, so now Martin weighs 180 pounds? Where did you get that?
It depends on his height, and I've seen everything from 6 foot to 6 foot 3. Judging from his most recent photo, if he was six three, then I would put him at at least 180 if not 185-190, but it's hard to tell without a recent full body shot and accurate height.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It depends on his height, and I've seen everything from 6 foot to 6 foot 3. Judging from his most recent photo, if he was six three, then I would put him at at least 180 if not 185-190, but it's hard to tell without a recent full body shot and accurate height.
I've known guys who are 6'3 and weigh 140lbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies