Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 04:10 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
That is my point. You have to look inside to see a recent photo .... Not the cover photo.
Oh, okay. I'd have to open the mag to see. The line wasn't long enough. Shock!

Ok, outta here. HAGN everyone.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
[url=http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/shocker-msnbc-edits-911-transcript-to-make-george-zimmerman-sound-racist/]Say Anything » Shocker: MSNBC Edits 911 Transcript To Make George Zimmerman Sound Racist » Say Anything[/url]
So you are quoting something from a blog? Are you serious? What you are telling me is that you didn't actually see/hear this, but you automatically believe someone who blogs?

Here is the transcript I posted after watching MSNBC and heard "you can hear the entire 911 tape on the Sanford Police website."

[url]//www.city-data.com/forum/23599720-post2624.html[/url]

Old 03-30-2012, 04:15 PM

381 posts, read 507,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
People on this forum have criticized those of us who speculate but, to me, it's the ones who are assuming a lot about the victim who are speculating. Zimmerman has been charged with felony assault at least twice in Florida. So far nobody has "leaked" information about his high school records. He even had a restraining order filed against him. Some police reports indicate people he chased or harassed in the past called him too aggressive. One man said he thought Zimmerman was about to attack him in a road rage incident. Zimmerman claimed he was following the man for spitting on him, but his 911 call to the police said the man was driving erratically. Now a former coworker claims Zimmerman worked as a security guard (bouncer) and was too aggressive.

What more do people need to hear to realize this man was a ticking time bomb? 50 more 911 calls? I asked someone today, "Do you want someone like Zimmerman chasing you down the street wearing a gun around his waist?" I think he needs a fair trial, but I don't understand all the support for this unstable cop wannabe whose life seems to be chasing bad guys. (or bad guys in his mind)
you heard the initial 911 calls. did it sound like zimmerman was out of control and in a rage to murder someone? aggressiveness comes with an adrenaline rush when chasing bad guys. ask any cop who has ever been in a car chase. there's nothing abnormal about it.

you state that zimmerman was open carrying. i could not find that information in any witness testimony. please sight your source. if you cannot provide this proof then you are believing hearsay. this disqualifies you as being an impartial observer.

as i mentioned, if the reports were falsified, i'll be one of the first to condemn zimmerman. but as the facts are in his favor, i will follow the thought of reason.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,962,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
That is my point. You have to look inside to see a recent photo .... Not the cover photo.
No you don't. MSNBC has shown recent photos of him, that were first leaked by globalgrind.com.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
you heard the initial 911 calls. did it sound like zimmerman was out of control and in a rage to murder someone?

you state that zimmerman was open carrying. i could not find that information in any witness testimony. please sight your source. if you cannot provide this proof then you are believing hearsay. this disqualifies you as being an impartial observer.
How about the initial police report? Will that do for you? You posted the same report earlier, didn't you? Where did I say that the gun was in plain sight? I said it was holstered around his waist which is exactly what was written in the initial police report. My exact words from my post were "wearing a gun around his waist." Please don't twist or edit what I write.

"Located on the inside of Zimmerman's waistband, I removed a black Kel Tec 9mm..."

[url=http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/329568-twin-lakes-shooting-initial-report.html]Sanford Police Dept: Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
aggressiveness comes with an adrenaline rush when chasing bad guys. ask any cop who has ever been in a car chase. there's nothing abnormal about it.
You just answered your own question. Zimmerman is NOT A COP. He shouldn't have been chasing a car in the first place.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: fix link

Old 03-30-2012, 04:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,963 times
Quote:

You just answered your own question. Zimmerman is NOT A COP. He shouldn't have been chasing a car in the first place.
Coulda, shoulda, woulda... dosen't matter much what he did. Because if he really did attack him as he walked back, then he got his butt covered. Should he shave shot him if he did attack him ? No. But, again, that does not matter. What matters is what the law says and the law says you do have the right then to even reply with a gun. And that's what a lot of people seem to be upset about..but then don't blame him, blame the law that allows him to do so. Although this would probably covered be under self-defense as well, and the "stand your ground" wouldn't apply.
And no, I'm not a conservative, but I hate how the media and people always must accuse first, ask questions later. And saying the video didn't show any injuries, well, the picture is not clear and unless you have a big or severe injury, you wouldn't have seen this on the tape. Especially bruises tend to show up later and not right away. And the back of the head is covered by hair, so it's especially hard to see something. You just sit in front of the TV.. nobody but the police can judge the situation.

All this fuss about so many VAGUE facts, and at the same time a Muslim woman gets murdered in California and the murderer left a racially charged note behind. You hear NOTHING about that. Although they have much, much stronger evidence of a hate crime. It's pathetic.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
MSNBC prime time anchor hopes for a race war?

Will they fire him, will he be arrested if his inflaming the situation leads to people getting killed?

George Zimmerman Trayvon Al Sharpton: Rev. Al Sharpton will escalate efforts if George Zimmerman isn't arrested in Trayvon's death. - Orlando Sentinel

Quote:
If George Zimmerman is not arrested in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin soon, theRev. Al Sharpton will call for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions.

Sharpton would not say the efforts would be taken against the city of Sanford specifically, but he has been critical of the police department's handling of the case.
Amazing this guy still has a job.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
No you don't. MSNBC has shown recent photos of him, that were first leaked by globalgrind.com.
Don't normally watch MSNBC so didn't see it but checked out the global grind photos and it was the one with the little girl that was inside People. He appears to have 2 day growth of beard and frankly if I saw him on a dark street I would be concerned. Other photos in that spread, not so much. But my point still stands -- the media is trying to perpetuate the image of a sweet innocent 13 year old.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM

381 posts, read 507,257 times
Quote:
How about the initial police report? Will that do for you? You posted the same report earlier, didn't you? Where did I say that the gun was in plain sight? I said it was holstered around his waist which is exactly what was written in the initial police report.

"Located on the inside of Zimmerman's waistband, I removed a black Kel Tec 9mm..."

Sanford Police Dept: Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report

there is a difference between inside the waistband (concealed) and around the wasteband (open carry). your original statement implied open carry. know the difference.
this is your exact statement: "Do you want someone like Zimmerman chasing you down the street wearing a gun around his waist?" this implies that you can see him coming at you with a gun around his waist. the police reported that it was concealed inside the waist. therefore, you do not know he is coming at you with a firearm.

as for chasing a car, i've done so before to get the license plate in a hit and run incident. and i ask you again, did the initial 911 calls show zimmerman as out of control and in an adrenalin rush? the answer is no. it's normal to get into an adrenaline rush when chasing someone. therefore, no adrenaline rush means no chase. logic prevails. if you don't get what i just said, it means he wasn't chasing trayvon.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Where is the outrage over this blatantly biased MSNBC editing job to make Zimmerman look bad.

MSNBC said this was Zimmerman on the 911 tape; “This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black,”

But the actual transcript is quite different. Zimmerman didn't even mention race until he was asked. Actual 911 transcript;
ZIMMERMAN: This guy looks like he’s up to no good, [begin ellipsis] or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

911 DISPATCHER: Okay, is this guy, is he white, black, or Hispanic? [end ellipsis]

ZIMMERMAN: He looks black.

So why is MSNBC deliberately altering the transcript to make Zimmerman appear to connect "up to no good" with "he looks black" and leading the audience to assume he was saying Martin was up to no good because he was black?

Disgraceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies