Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 03:47 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times

Advertisements

What we, as in everybody, see from times like this are NOT normal reactions to situations.

MLK would be embarassed and would denounce the likes of these "black leaders". Now that man was a man of peace.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-31-2012 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Where is the outrage over this blatantly biased MSNBC editing job to make Zimmerman look bad.

MSNBC said this was Zimmerman on the 911 tape; “This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black,”

But the actual transcript is quite different. Zimmerman didn't even mention race until he was asked.

So why is MSNBC deliberately altering the transcript to make Zimmerman appear to connect "up to no good" with "he looks black" and leading the audience to assume he was saying Martin was up to no good because he was black?
I agree, that editing conveys an extra meaning beyond what he actually said.

Now, what about Zimmerman's statement, "these aholes always get away"? Who? Teenagers? Guys in hoodies? Tall people?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
I hope all the timelines and details match up or it's going to be ugly.

But what doesn't read is that first Trayvon ran away, then grew a pair and suddenly charged Zimmerman, starts bashing his head in dental plan style all while dropping bad 80's one-liners like, "tonigh- someone dies!"

Really. I'm surprised he didn't just say 'there will be blood'
..or that just before Martin went for Zimmerman's gun he said "Say hello to my little friend." They're trying to paint a picture of a gang banger. I heard someone on TV last week say Martin called Zimmerman "Homey."

Old 03-30-2012, 04:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Where is the outrage over this blatantly biased MSNBC editing job to make Zimmerman look bad.

Where did you see this? I've been watching MSNBC and they've played the actual 911 tape. I listened to it too, right from the Sanford Police Dept website, and posted the transcript word for word.

I've never once heard any reporter or anchor person on MSNBC say that Zimmerman is guilty. In fact, when I heard someone on MSNBC say Zimmerman was racially profiling Martin, they said it was because he said Martin was suspicious and up to no good, on drugs, etc., when all he saw was a Black teenager walking around. I did hear Martin's father say he wanted justice and mentioned convicting Zimmerman, but it's no different from Zimmerman's father talking about what his son told him happened that night.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,646 times
No one seems to have a comment to the fact that the MSM continues to show a dated picture of Martin rather than a more recent photo. People magazine has a photo taken a few weeks before his death where he doesnt look like the doe-eyed 13 year old from the photo shown on TV.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 PM

JustNancy, speaking of the prez, he has always been sticking his nose into things that are non of his business because it happens to be about black/white things that happen.

Case in point, the black professor who was arrested in Cambridge when neighbors called 911 when they thought the dude was breaking into a house! The professor was surly and resisted arrest so they cuffed him and brought him to jail. Now the prez gets on national tv and says it was racial and what a bad person the white cop was for arresting the black dude. Even made them have a beer in the rose garden on tv! That was NONE OF HIS BUSINESS.

Then his illegal Aunt finally gets caught collecting years and years of welfare with a fake SS # here in Boston and nothing is done. Then his illegal Uncle gets caught drunk driving here in Boston again and again, he's not getting deported...just getting the fast track to being legal. WTF??? Total, total BS.

I didn't hear what Obama said about this case in Fla. but I can just imagine....poor, poor "little" black "boy". Right?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
No one seems to have a comment to the fact that the MSM continues to show a dated picture of Martin rather than a more recent photo. People magazine has a photo taken a few weeks before his death where he doesnt look like the doe-eyed 13 year old from the photo shown on TV.
I saw a pic on some cover where he DOES look like a doe eyed little kid. I thought it was People. I'll have to go check the mags out again. (if there are any left)

Old 03-30-2012, 04:04 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
In response to Dd714

Instead of cartoons, why don't you provide a real video of Obama promoting anger or violence. I can draw an illustration of you or anyone shooting heroin into ther veins...would that make it true? If you cannot put up an authentic video, you are doing nothing but proliferating spoonfed propaganda and does not speak much of your logic or intelligence.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:06 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I saw a pic on some cover where he DOES look like a doe eyed little kid. I thought it was People. I'll have to go check the mags out again. (if there are any left)
That is my point. You have to look inside to see a recent photo .... Not the cover photo.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:06 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Where did you see this?
Say Anything » Shocker: MSNBC Edits 911 Transcript To Make George Zimmerman Sound Racist » Say Anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies