Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So we as blacks have to "prove" something that the majority of us are not, violent criminals? I have teenage sons and they have never done anything illegal so why in the hell do they have to "prove" anything to anyone? Everyone should judge on who they are and not what they are.
I don't hear anyone to asked midlle age white guys to "prove" that they are not the sterotypical child molesters

Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute
Yes, they have to "prove" themselves just as everyone else has had to. Like I said, stop blaming "racism" and address the fact that young black males have higher rates of violent crime, which is why they are more likely to be considered dangerous than other teens. If anything, you and your sons should be angry at the black males who screw it up for them. But all in all, until that issue, is thoroughly discussed, and dealt with, the stereotype will remain. Like I said, talk is cheap.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:08 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Not sure about either of those things. Think maybe you are dealing in unconfirmed speculation. I heard his black friend say on TV last weekend that he was not a racist and have heard that his family includes blacks. Also if we want to deal in character assassination, Martin had been suspended from school for marijuana possession. So it cuts both ways.

Go ahead and defend him, Oliver has been proved to not know him well on national television by at least two different reporters, so what that his family has blacks in it! That does not mean that he likes them either.

You sound like that white guys that always proclaims that he has a "black friend" whenever a question comes up about racism. Martin's suspension was for an empty bag that had traces off marijuana, not actual possesion which is a crime. Zimmerman has been arrested for assault on a police officer as well has been noted by others for aggressive behavior on many occasions

You really should expand where you get your information from instead of listening to faux all day

Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
You said that zimmerman said that Trayvon looked "suspicious" my response is why? Because he was black? If you are going to lump all blacks in with the bad few why does'nt this also apply to whites and other races?
I told you why he looked suspicious.

And yes - IMHO it SHOULD apply to everyone.

I believe that profiling should be done by the TSA, for example. Patting down a 3 year old in a wheelchair going to Orlando is insane. Patting down the guy who's traveled 2,393 times back and forth to the middle east and/or rogue nations makes sense.

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
Is it justice people seek or are they looking and even hoping for signs of white racism so they can exploit it?

The (Revs) Jackson and Sharpton are praying for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Yes, they have to "prove" themselves just as everyone else has had to. Like I said, stop blaming "racism" and address the fact that young black males have higher rates of violent crime, which is why they are more likely to be considered dangerous than other teens. If anything, you and your sons should be angry at the black males who screw it up for them. But all in all, until that issue, is thoroughly discussed, and dealt with, the stereotype will remain. Like I said, talk is cheap.
So I guess that I should keep an eye on white males that go near any children! Thanks for the advice and stay away from the kids

Old 03-31-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
^^Z did say n****r on the recording? I thought it was inaudible.
No it was'nt, except to the racist and the non-believers of their own ears

Old 03-31-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm not quite convinced that he used a racial slur. I'm also not convinced on who is actually screaming on the 911 tape. I'll reserve my judgement on both of those issues until people who have much more experience and access to the right electronics make THEIR decision on who it is in each instance.

In the right circumstance in that particular neighborhood, a young black male would be looked at with suspicon.
You are right How dare that black kid walk through a mixed neighborhood without his papers

Old 03-31-2012, 08:12 AM

128 posts, read 192,876 times
911 dispatcher:
OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]
Zimmerman:
Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]
911 dispatcher:
Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them atspatcher:
Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at

They seem to know HIM very well , too well in fact , when Trayvon was referred to AS A BLACK MALE 4 TIMES IN ABOUT 1 MINUTE BETWEEN THE SANFORD POLICE AND THEIR BUDDY GEORGE , SO KNOW WE HAVE GEORGE AND SOME BLACK MALE PERSON WALKING AROUND - THAT STATEMENT RIGHT THERE DE HUMANIZES TRAYVON AS HE BECOME TO THE POLICE JUST A ANOTHER BLACK MALE[/SIZE]

Zimmerman:
Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]
911 dispatcher:
OK, that’s no problem.
Zimmerman:
My number … you’ve got it?

MY NUMBER YOU HAVE GOT IT ? SO HE KNOWS THEY KNOW HIM AND HIS CELL NUMBER RECALL HE WAS NOT CALLING FROM HOME , THEY KNOW HIS FIRST NAME AND USE IT AND KNOW HIS CELL PHONE NUMBER AS WELL BOTH THESE ARE CLEAR ?

TOO ME SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE ALMOST SPEAKING TO A COP NOT A REGULAR PERSON WHEN YOU DO DISPATCH YOU REFER TO ANYONE THAT CALLS IN AS :

SIR OR MAAM NEVER BY THEIR FIRST NAME THAT PERSON IN DISPATCH SEEMS TO HAVE MORE OF A PERSONAL TONE TO THEIR VOICE THEN JUST SAYING SIR STAY IN YOUR CAR

Old 03-31-2012, 08:13 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times
Quote:
So I guess that I should keep an eye on white males that go near any children! Thanks for the advice and stay away from the kids
Or any male...

Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Please provide some documentation.

Why? Was it a "whites only" complex, or a "no kids under 18" complex?
You can find it yourself. I've asked posters time and time again to link where Trayvon's drug test was clean and no one responds. If you'd like to prove that I'm wrong, I'll apologize. Until then, I've seen numerous reports that there were break ins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies