Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM

78,664 posts, read 60,852,359 times

Advertisements

Both are happening.

Racism\Classism exists and sometimes people aren't treated fairly in this country.
However, sometimes the problem isn't racism....it's just incompetence, stupidity etc.
Some people see it everywhere, even when it isn't racism....it's become a handy dandy tool to deflect and attack.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I told you why he looked suspicious.

And yes - IMHO it SHOULD apply to everyone.

I believe that profiling should be done by the TSA, for example. Patting down a 3 year old in a wheelchair going to Orlando is insane. Patting down the guy who's traveled 2,393 times back and forth to the middle east and/or rogue nations makes sense.

I said before if he had been a whiteboy with a hoodie in the rain would he not look suspious?

What if they are white going back and forth to the middle east? If I can recall one of the top 3 Al Quaida opperatives was a whiteboy from Alabama

Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You can find it yourself. I've asked posters time and time again to link where Trayvon's drug test was clean and no one responds. If you'd like to prove that I'm wrong, I'll apologize. Until then, I've seen numerous reports that there were break ins.
Ok, Einstein lets try it this way. Where in the hell was he going to do with stolen stuff since he did not live there and was only going to be in the area for a short time? Unless you and your cohorts want to slander his father and his fiancee as well? Since you want to go there as well, where was zimmerman's drug/alcohol test? I guess that you can shoot someone and not be questioned or tested either?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Or any male...
Nope, the point was made using his statistics which he said that more black 17 yo are more prone to violence. Now according to the statistics they I provided proved that more middle age white males commit the majority of child molestations

Old 03-31-2012, 08:24 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,524,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You said that zimmerman said that Trayvon looked "suspicious" my response is why? Because he was black? If you are going to lump all blacks in with the bad few why does'nt this also apply to whites and other races?
You don't accept gz's explanation for why he thought tm was suspicious. You reject the possibility of spotting a person you don't recognize, who appears to be just walking around, in an area with break-ins as suspicious. You'd rather the answer be a simple, young black male.

Would most people then follow tm with a gun ? I don't think so, but the wannabe cop did.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Is it justice people seek or are they looking and even hoping for signs of white racism so they can exploit it?

The (Revs) Jackson and Sharpton are praying for it.
Justice is what is initially everyone is seeking, simply because racism (not just white) is alive and well in sanford fl.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:28 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,241,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
Zimmerman:
Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]
911 dispatcher:
OK, that’s no problem.
Zimmerman:
My number … you’ve got it?

MY NUMBER YOU HAVE GOT IT ? SO HE KNOWS THEY KNOW HIM AND HIS CELL NUMBER RECALL HE WAS NOT CALLING FROM HOME , THEY KNOW HIS FIRST NAME AND USE IT AND KNOW HIS CELL PHONE NUMBER AS WELL BOTH THESE ARE CLEAR ?
911 always has the number of the person calling them, so you cannot conclude that Sanford 911 operators were so familiar with him they'd memorized his phone number. I'm sure they were familiar with him as a caller, though, since there is evidence of him being a habitual caller.

What's more interesting to me is that George decided not to go meet the police at a designated place, and he and the operator first discussed, but instead he wanted to be called when police arrived so he could tell them where he was at the moment. He was going to go looking for Trayvon, as he'd already exclaimed in disgust, "these * always get away." George was going to be a hero, he wasn't going to go wait for the police at the mailboxes and let this one get away.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You don't accept gz's explanation for why he thought tm was suspicious. You reject the possibility of spotting a person you don't recognize, who appears to be just walking around, in an area with break-ins as suspicious. You'd rather the answer be a simple, young black male.

I cannot reject the fact that he is prejuiced, simply because of the remarks that he made over the phone to the dispatcher. I lived in a gated community and I don't recognize everyone in it. I will bet the baby that zimmerman could not point out Trayvon's father and he lived there as well. The answer is simple zimmerman was looking for black males.

Would most people then follow tm with a gun ? I don't think so, but the wannabe cop did.
And he was told not to do so and it also went against the Neighborhood watch regulations as well. Because of his gross misconduct an innocent child is dead

Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,524,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok, Einstein lets try it this way. Where in the hell was he going to do with stolen stuff since he did not live there and was only going to be in the area for a short time? Unless you and your cohorts want to slander his father and his fiancee as well? Since you want to go there as well, where was zimmerman's drug/alcohol test? I guess that you can shoot someone and not be questioned or tested either?
I have no reason to think tm was out to burgle anything, but your question --- 'Where in the hell was he going to do with stolen stuff ?'--- is off the wall. Jewelry, cash, credit cards, some weed if you're lucky, not hard to hide. You're also assuming tm didn't know anyone in the area.

btw, the cops did bring gz in for questioning.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I have no reason to think tm was out to burgle anything, but your question --- 'Where in the hell was he going to do with stolen stuff ?'--- is off the wall. Jewelry, cash, credit cards, some weed if you're lucky, not hard to hide. You're also assuming tm didn't know anyone in the area.

btw, the cops did bring gz in for questioning.
Wow! At least they did that They still release him with his gun based on his word only.....Is this normal where you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies