Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Why must the gay community constantly shove their sexual preference down our throats? I dont get it. If you're gay, fine. Keep it to yourself. Its none of my business. I dont see hetorsexual people walking around expressing their pride in being straight.

I read an article today about a student who is suing his school for violating his freedom of expression because they are prohibiting him from wearing a t-shirt that reads "Jesus is not a homophobe" Now if he's gay happy and proud, why cant he just be gay happy and proud without causing contraversy and bringing negative attention to himself? I wonder how he would feel if another student wore a t-shirt that reads "homosexuality is a sin". After all, he's just excercising his freedom of expression rights.
Yeah, straight people don't shove their sexual preference down people's throats?

I'm assuming you think two men holding each others hands is going to far?

Just admit it. Gays bother you and you prefer things to be traditional and normal. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's hilarious that you yourself are ashamed of it!

Why don't you meet my straight brother and ask him about his weekend shenanigans and then we'll see if you ever want to see a hetero couple in public again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 PM

744 posts, read 812,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
and teaching kids hateful dogma could be viewed as child abuse. move on now.
Not only could be but is, in my opinion. How exactly is that relevant to the anything being said here though?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
I believe this is more a case of the few extreme radicals calling constant attention to themselves. The ones I know are pretty laid back.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
One could make a proper argument that taking your child to a gay pride parade is child abuse, it's poor parenting at best.
One could also argue that it's no one's business what one does with his or her kid.

[mind your own, comrade]

Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Homosexuals With Hurt Feelingsâ„¢ strike again.
Yes and a disruptive, inflammatory, and highly offensive defilement of religion and the religious as well.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
+1. Their so sensitive
They're.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Yes and a disruptive, inflammatory, and highly offensive defilement of religion and the religious as well.
You're offended by somebody saying Jesus wasn't hateful?? That's weird.

FWIW, I think schools have every right to ban whatever clothing they want... not sure how this is news or controversial, but we all know the OP is a bit obsessed with everything gay-related! And judging by the theme throughout his threads, I think he just types "homosexuals and public schools" into Google - then saves up the results for one per day. Also weird.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
More like their 1st amendment rights were hurt, not that you care about those rights
The 1st amendment doesn't really apply in a high school (dress codes usually take care of that), but it's funny how they were screaming "liberals suppressing free speech again!" when it was about removing a religious mural... double-standard much?

P.S. The one thing - probably ONLY thing - I actually agree with from the OP? School uniforms. We really need to have those in public schools, as they do in most other countries.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
One could make a proper argument that taking your child to a gay pride parade is child abuse, it's poor parenting at best.
One could say the same thing about letting a child be raised in a Conservative Christian household. In fact, that's far more damaging to a child than a parade.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What is a "homophobe"?
Let me google that for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies