Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I am very sorry for this child.

NAMBLA was allowed to march in a parade in SF, I think it was last year. The gay parades in that town lost all credibiity for that, and won't get one iota of respect of any kind from me. How dare they?!

Where'd you read that? Your monthly copy of "Protect America from the homosexual" magazine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,356,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Your first paragraph makes you look nothing more than a bully. Thankfully, there is a widespread movement across the country right now combating bulling in schools. There is no reason for those two young boys to be excluded from any social activity or teased in school because they want to support their moms
It does not make me look like a bully. I agree with you, except in that the first paragraph makes me sound like a bully. I'm discussing what others will think. You can't stop human nature. Heterosexual males are in all likelyhood inclined to attack feminent males. It will never stop happening permenantly. It's more than just a cultural phenomenon. Maybe at some point, we'll gain a higher morality and begin ignoring our instincts more, until we forget our higher morality and go back to attacking feminent males again. It must be defended against, but it will happen. As far as the exclusion from social activities are concerned, I was referring to other boys inviting the boys in question to social activities, not referring to school sports teams or official sports teams activities. I was unclear regarding that. The law is, in many cases in this country at least, on the side of homosexuals regarding inclusiveness in school activities.

Last edited by Clintone; 04-04-2012 at 07:45 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 07:30 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
As a heterosexual, I've never understood why some homosexuals are so intentionally counter-culture...or maybe it's not intentional. Maybe it's just their personalities. I do think a more effective way to raise tolerance levels than homosexual pride parades would be to have a nationwide, annual, homosexual-pride based, knife-throwing competition.
Think about it. Mainstream culture (and this is changing) rejected homosexuals. Why would open and proud homosexuals want to emulate and be part of a mainstream culture that rejects, ostracizes, shames, and often outright hates them?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Think about it. Mainstream culture (and this is changing) rejected homosexuals. Why would open and proud homosexuals want to emulate and be part of a mainstream culture that rejects, ostracizes, shames, and often outright hates them?
Good point. That makes a lot of sense. Perhaps the counter-culture styles of some homosexuals is a positive thing. I don't think non-homosexuals can be realistically expected to know that often though, but it's what matters to the homosexuals, not heterosexuals that counts. Homosexuals shouldn't have to bend to the whims of, or explain everything they do to heterosexuals. I just want to emphasize how some heterosexuals, like myself, have no idea why homosexuals act in some of the ways they act.

Last edited by Clintone; 04-04-2012 at 08:20 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Don't courts have more important cases to take care of? It seems many people these days are incapable of reaching an agreement or compromise on their own.

Regarding this case, maybe the problem is claiming to know what a third party would do or think. Especially with religious icons such as Jesus or Mohammed that might be a problem. It's like hijacking another person to achieve one's own goals. A shirt saying Jesus WOULD be homophobic would probably be banned just as well.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You're offended by somebody saying Jesus wasn't hateful?? That's weird.
That isn’t what the shirt said. The message on the shirt infers a support of homosexuality that was not and is not present and of course people of religion are going to be offended. School policy is against shirt slogans that are “indecent and sexual in nature” and this kid intentionally violated that policy to disrupt and offend and it appears the reaction he got was more than he bargained for.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
That isn’t what the shirt said. The message on the shirt infers a support of homosexuality that was not and is not present and of course people of religion are going to be offended. School policy is against shirt slogans that are “indecent and sexual in nature” and this kid intentionally violated that policy to disrupt and offend and it appears the reaction he got was more than he bargained for.
I fail to see how said shirt is either indecent or sexual.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Don't courts have more important cases to take care of? It seems many people these days are incapable of reaching an agreement or compromise on their own.

Regarding this case, maybe the problem is claiming to know what a third party would do or think. Especially with religious icons such as Jesus or Mohammed that might be a problem. It's like hijacking another person to achieve one's own goals. A shirt saying Jesus WOULD be homophobic would probably be banned just as well.
Well put.

Last edited by Clintone; 04-04-2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 09:56 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
"Yawn". Usual homo agenda. More "offended" gays seeking attention. What else is new? That's partly why I believe it's a mental disorder.
I've seen you take offense to just about every gay-related thread on this entire forum. Yawn.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,902 times
The " I ride down the Hershey Highway" shirts make me chuckle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies