Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times

Advertisements

Because it's their right. You are aware everyone is supposed to have them, right? The reason most aren't celebrating their own rights is because they've already had them. Gay people are celebrating finally seeing some steam in the attainment of their rights.

If you finally felt safe enough to be yourself, you would want to celebrate, too. But you don't have to, because no one ostracizes people for being straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 02:00 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,147,365 times
Lolling at all of the butthurt religious people getting their panties in a wad over the "defilement" of their "lord and savior". I am never sure whether I should laugh or shake my head in disbelief when I see fundamentalists demanding that their beliefs (but never any one else's of course) should receive a certain level of inherent respect. It's almost like watching a child's temper tantrum, but at least the child has a reasonable excuse.

Savagely making direct attacks on religion all day erryday,

-Lunar Delta

Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,890 times
"Yawn". Usual homo agenda. More "offended" gays seeking attention. What else is new? That's partly why I believe it's a mental disorder.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
why must the gay community constantly shove their sexual preference down our throats? I dont get it. If you're gay, fine. Keep it to yourself. Its none of my business. I dont see hetorsexual people walking around expressing their pride in being straight.

I read an article today about a student who is suing his school for violating his freedom of expression because they are prohibiting him from wearing a t-shirt that reads "jesus is not a homophobe" now if he's gay happy and proud, why cant he just be gay happy and proud without causing contraversy and bringing negative attention to himself? I wonder how he would feel if another student wore a t-shirt that reads "homosexuality is a sin". After all, he's just excercising his freedom of expression rights.
i don't mind if you're straight...just so long as you act like you're gay.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
The shirt should be banned. That shirt is a direct attack on a groups belief system and also a lie. This kid did not know Jesus, never met Jesus and never had the opportunity to ask him his opinion on gay marriage. No one has the right to be the mouthpiece for another groups lord and savior in a cheap attempt to manipulate and persuade others to further his own personal agenda when what he is saying is a direct savage attack on said groups belief system. It's the exact same thing cult leaders do, speak for a divine being that people believe will save them to further there own agenda.

It's sick and disgusting. His parents should be ashamed of him as should anyone who lives on his street.
I agree he shouldn't wear the shirt to school.

However, when did YOU meet Jesus and ask his opinion on gay people?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:32 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, I've noticed a LOT of the photos posted by the anti-gay folks are usually of the Folsom street S&M parade, not the gay pride parade. I've been to several myself and they're usually pretty tame.
I've been to a few as well (San Francisco Pride, nonetheless) - and not only are they extremely tame, but for the most part entirely family-friendly. And I have seen TONS of children at them! They typically have a few private booths that are kinda racy, but those are always behind curtains with "Over 18 Only" posted and enforced quite strictly.

I think you're right, in that people often mistake the Folsom Street Fair for Gay Pride... and the former is not only marketed as an adults-only S&M party, but it's also marketed as a non-specific event in terms of gay vs straight. If you took a poll at the gates, I'd bet more straight than gay people attend that fair. Even as a straight person I'd rather attend Pride, though, since it's more like a county fair and I'm not really into seeing S&M stuff.

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-04-2012 at 03:46 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 AM

Oh, and why do straight people have to keep shoving their sexuality in our faces? Mardi Gras, night clubs, commercials for "sexual enhancement," public displays of affection, wedding rings, etc... it's all quite annoying, and I wish they would stop flaunting their sexuality already!!

Troll thread, not to mention a duplicate with that stupid Jesus shirt story.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:37 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
"Yawn". Usual homo agenda. More "offended" gays seeking attention. What else is new? That's partly why I believe it's a mental disorder.
It appears to be the religious nut jobs who are offended and seeking attention.

You can believe whatever you like about homosexuality, even if it makes you look uninformed and foolish.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Because it's their right. You are aware everyone is supposed to have them, right? The reason most aren't celebrating their own rights is because they've already had them. Gay people are celebrating finally seeing some steam in the attainment of their rights.

If you finally felt safe enough to be yourself, you would want to celebrate, too. But you don't have to, because no one ostracizes people for being straight.
Exactly, but they still fail to understand this very simplistic point... just as some people still don't understand why there's no "White Entertainment Network." Does the obvious logic really not sink in, or are they purposefully ignoring it?

Old 04-04-2012, 04:18 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Lolling at all of the butthurt religious people getting their panties in a wad over the "defilement" of their "lord and savior". I am never sure whether I should laugh or shake my head in disbelief when I see fundamentalists demanding that their beliefs (but never any one else's of course) should receive a certain level of inherent respect. It's almost like watching a child's temper tantrum, but at least the child has a reasonable excuse.

Savagely making direct attacks on religion all day erryday,

-Lunar Delta
I don't understand you people.

You complain about homosexuals being insulted, but then say you are proud of insulting religious people. At least admit you want it a certain way. Stop being hypocrites by saying, "I accept everyone. blah blah blah."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies