Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,927,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He should have profiled
You might laugh but that's the truth; you gotta be aware of your surroundings.

If I'm around middle-class black business men, I'll be networking and swapping business cards. But if I'm surrounded by low-income black men at night in Baltimore, my a** won't be sticking around for long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I label anyone who acts like that as a savage, it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with their actions. The recent case where the idiot white savage kids ran over and killed that innocent black man in that parking lot was no different, we're talking about subhuman trash regardless of skin color.
Apparently when the perpetrators are black, we have to use "nice" language so as not to offend anyone. Anyone who commits a grossly unprovoked violent crime like we see in this video is a sub-human. Any race.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,352,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Isn't he referring in your quote of his supposedly illustrating that he never calls whites out in a similar fashion and situation exactly that- idiot white savages? Which is what I would certainly deem that reprehensible behavior by them to that poor guy in the hotel parking lot.
I have been on CD quite awhile and I'm very familiar with his type of rhetoric as well as others, this is why I addressed this matter the way that I did

Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Apparently when the perpetrators are black, we have to use "nice" language so as not to offend anyone. Anyone who commits a grossly unprovoked violent crime like we see in this video is a sub-human. Any race.
I'm fully aware but I was not just talking about this post, but all of the other ones as well. I guess that you will agree with him that Trayvon Martin is a savage as well?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
You might laugh but that's the truth; you gotta be aware of your surroundings.

If I'm around middle-class black business men, I'll be networking and swapping business cards. But if I'm surrounded by low-income black men at night in Baltimore, my a** won't be sticking around for long.

Uh, neither will most blacks that are not familiar with that surrounding either. You cannot deny the fact that there are some whites that would treat the well dressed blacks in the same manner

Old 04-06-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Uh, neither will most blacks that are not familiar with that surrounding either. You cannot deny the fact that there are some whites that would treat the well dressed blacks in the same manner
Uh, what about that makes it wrong to profile in the case that I mentioned?

I've been out to a party in rural South Carolina around a bonfire, and some stuff started to go down. Some dumb drama. We were all white, but I'm more of a city guy. I stood out and was obviously not from the immediate area and only new 2 people there...more and more of the good old boy type started to show up and I started hearing some comments along the lines of "who the f*** are these new people?". If it makes you feel any better, I decided not to hang around with them either.

And no, I don't know of a single white that would treat black businessmen in the same way as Baltimore thugs. Maybe I don't run in those circles, but my guess is you don't know any either.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm fully aware but I was not just talking about this post, but all of the other ones as well. I guess that you will agree with him that Trayvon Martin is a savage as well?
I see what you're trying to do here...that's an entirely different issue, and we don't have video evidence do we?

Even if it turns out that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, it's hardly at the same level as the animals in the video of this thread. Being provoked to violence is a different matter. Not excusable, but a different matter nonetheless.

If it turns out that Zimmerman was the aggressor from the beginning, then physically attacked Trayvon and shot him, I will say Zimmerman is a sub-human as well.

But that's a moot point. Why is it that you have to deflect when there is a conversation about black on white violence?

Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Uh, what about that makes it wrong to profile in the case that I mentioned?

I've been out to a party in rural South Carolina around a bonfire, and some stuff started to go down. Some dumb drama. We were all white, but I'm more of a city guy. I stood out and was obviously not from the immediate area and only new 2 people there...more and more of the good old boy type started to show up and I started hearing some comments along the lines of "who the f*** are these new people?". If it makes you feel any better, I decided not to hang around with them either.

And no, I don't know of a single white that would treat black businessmen in the same way as Baltimore thugs. Maybe I don't run in those circles, but my guess is you don't know any either.

What I was getting at was that there are some whites that treat a black man in a suit the same way as you would treat one in actual gang attire

Yes, I do realize certain profiling comes with common sense with dealing with self preservation.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I see what you're trying to do here...that's an entirely different issue, and we don't have video evidence do we?

Even if it turns out that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, it's hardly at the same level as the animals in the video of this thread. Being provoked to violence is a different matter. Not excusable, but a different matter nonetheless.

If it turns out that Zimmerman was the aggressor from the beginning, then physically attacked Trayvon and shot him, I will say Zimmerman is a sub-human as well.

But that's a moot point. Why is it that you have to deflect when there is a conversation about black on white violence?

Ok, before you get your panties in a bunch, I was pointing out the fact that a certain individual on this post refers to blacks regardless of the situation as animals and sub-humans and not whites doing the exact same thing. As far as the video in this post, I agree with you, there is no excuse for their behavior. Besides that how do you figure that I'm deflecting from the conversation about black on white violence.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:00 AM

835 posts, read 1,043,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Have you ever seen Baghdad?

Also, why was this guy just standing there? Why did he let this girl just grind on him?

Did he know them? Was he hanging out with them?

I need more information.
It's not going to be called a hate crime because there is no way to prove it was racially motivated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies