Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Obama's complete statement falls along the lines of #2 and that's clear to an unbiased ear.
Come on, you should know that conservatives have no use for silly things like facts .

Obama hates whites and rich people and wants all poor people to coast by with free gov't aid, that's the story, no matter what he says or does, that's what he actually wants, end of story. Don't bother trying to prove it wrong, because it's been known since before he did anything as an elected official, and once anything gets said about a million times or so, it means it must be true.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM

37,891 posts, read 41,990,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama coming out for Trayvon may alienate the Hispanics because of Zimmerman
How did Obama "come out" for Trayvon? And Obama's entire record versus Romney's and the views of the GOP will determine who the Hispanic voting blocs support.

Quote:
...as the blacks started out like a lynch mob and Obama didn't say a thing against it.
SMH @ "the blacks." And what "lynch mob"? Rallies and marches aren't lynch mobs.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
In real life I have had exactly one conversation about this case. Ironically, a black man who supported Zimmerman due to his experiences as a security guard. He blamed it on the hoodie.

This will be no issue come November.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In real life I have had exactly one conversation about this case. Ironically, a black man who supported Zimmerman due to his experiences as a security guard. He blamed it on the hoodie.

This will be no issue come November.
It'll be a distant memory if anything.

If Obama loses, it'll be because the GOP has sold voters on his current record. Right now he's just hoping that his entire health care bill doesn't get tossed out and that the unemployment rate dips below 7.8% by the Fall.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The President has two legitimate options:

1. Stay out of it.

2. Tell everyone to calm down, back off, and let the justice system work.

He picked #3, the worst option: pick sides before the facts are in and further polarize people. He did the same thing earlier in his Presidency (prejudged a situation) and it led to the beer summit.

Look, I didn't vote for Obama. But I did have HOPE that the election of someone not white would help this country start to put some of our racial divisions behind us. He has completely and totally failed in that regard. When it comes to race, there is virtually no difference between Obama and Al Sharpton. They're both pandering race hustlers.

Exactly. How many times has Obama and Al Sharpton brought race into the equation? I can see we both agree, it's the same amount of times. If Obama didn't have this racist thing to fall back on, in every argument, like Sharpton does, I'd have to disagree.

Wait a minute.

Hrmmmmmm........

Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I would hope it would be because of issues that really impact us, the sliding economy, high gas prices, worse housing criris in history, with no help in site, unemployment, things that matter most to getiing a sluggish economy thriving once again, but honestly improving, and not any friggin jive talk.
Sincerely improving, and not just improvising.
Good policies that makes sense, and that most americans agree with.
I would hope it would be because mature people do not want another 4 years of this terrible growth, when we have been hearing now for years it is better, to hell it is.
There are people out there who vote merely on who is more physically attractive. Cases like this have the potential to sway people one way or another in ways that pollsters never pick up. The Bradley effect if you will.

The notion that someone can be arrested because a self promoter like Al Sharpton raises a stink is very troubling to fair minded people. If this case doesn't get past the SYG judge there is going to be some serious questions asked about the role the media played in bringing this guy to arrest in the first place.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It'll be a distant memory if anything.

If Obama loses, it'll be because the GOP has sold voters on his current record. Right now he's just hoping that his entire health care bill doesn't get tossed out and that the unemployment rate dips below 7.8% by the Fall.
I'm not so sure the OJ case took a year or two and interest was pretty constant. This case may still be up in the air by November and we will have at least a partial airing of the facts by then. I think this will be one of those background issues. Folks won't admit to a pollster they are voting one way or another because of the case but it'll influence their decision privately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies